Any buy from Century?

So wait... is the Wavemaster II unsuitable for kicking? I went for it over the Wavemaster original as I thought the thinner foam padding would help with conditioning my shins. I'm probably going to be using it on a carpeted surface to minimise the chance of it sliding around. My friend's Wavemaster is an original one but it's very wide and I am trying to conserve space. Plus I figured more padding equals more impact absorption and therefore less body conditioning throught repetitive impact. The fact the other Wavemasters I found varied so greatly in price from retailer to retailer (some places had Wavemasters at

About the gloves... It wasn't a defect, it was the the way the gloves are joined at seams. It was just too rough. It wasn't just one part of the glove it was down all the edges. This is actually slightly visible on some of the pics of the gloves aswel.

The problem you will have with the WM2 is that it has way too much give for what you are looking for. The base itself will not move but the bag and stem will lean over to about a 50 degree angle. It's not solid enough to condition your shins. But maybe were not exactly on the same page and you'll love it. Buy some muay thai pads for your shins, if you have someone to workout with that is.

Onikage you are absolutely right about the gloves. I've only used them as bag gloves but the edges could easily cut someone a la Randy vs Vitor. I've let our quality department know about this and I appreciate the feedback.

The problem you will have with the WM2 is that it has way too much give for what you are looking for. The base itself will not move but the bag and stem will lean over to about a 50 degree angle. It's not solid enough to condition your shins. But maybe were not exactly on the same page and you'll love it. Buy some muay thai pads for your shins, if you have someone to workout with that is.

Onikage you are absolutely right about the gloves. I've only used them as bag gloves but the edges could easily cut someone a la Randy vs Vitor. I've let our quality department know about this and I appreciate the feedback.

MadnessOU said:

Hm. Alright then, I'll probably just use it for practicing technique rather than kicking the crap out of. I already have a thai suitcase kick bag that I hang on a small hook to kick and go to class so I'll survive, just wanted to know what it could take.

As for the gloves, you should look at doing the leather piping over the seams some of the other gloves out there have, that'd probably solve the problem.

yeah, I mean to be honest apart from the seams there were pretty good. Quite comfortable. Maybe another aspect for improvement would be the dye used as sometimes it would stain my fingers after long periods of wearing them.

MadnessOU said:
Some of the stretching machines had vendor problems but we have a newer model that customers seem to love.

yes the newer model is the one i waited like 4 weeks for the newer and improved model it still broke the break must be a defect in material ill give your company that but i wont deny the horrible customer service how about the lady who answers the phones who lied to me and said it would be shipped out asap....or the other lady i talked to 5 weeks later and she said i was in the computer but nothing was being sent to me or had been sent then i asked her if she could make a note to call me when they send it or if there is a problem in sending it and no call for about 4 weeks and then when i got ahold of budovideos i had a whole new machine on my doorstep in 3 days and the fedex guy was back 2 days later to pick up the old one if you can justify any of that feel free to......

There is no way to justify that kind of service at all. If you knew the part number that you needed then it should have been no longer than a 2 minute call. I can only offer my apologies and that there has been vast retraining in our customer service. I'm sure it was just a mistake and I doubt she intentionally lied, as you put it.

The problem may have been that the parts do not show up on your account like a normal order. A request is put through to the warehouse manager and he mails them out hiself. You can even ask for me if you want and I could walk to the wharehouse and mail it out myself. Thats probably what Budo does. It really is a routine thing I'm sorry it turned out to be a hassle for you.

For the record, I've have a few pieces of Century gear over my years of training. I've never had a problem with any of it. I've had gis, gloves, targets, and a BOB dummy (which I love).
The gloves are the only thing that I've actually ordered FROM Century, but they were delivered promptly, and I've never had any problems with them. I mainly use them for bag/focus mitt work though, so I've never had the oppertunity to slice somebody open with them...lol
All in all, my experiences have been good!

Spoonman7 said:
I have a century heavy bag and focus mitts, and they take a beating and hold up just fine

I also have the century focus mitts, i think there pretty good. I have their gloves also, not that bad but I wouldnt recommend them. Never tried any of their other stuff though.

MadnessOU said:

Is this the "Training mma glove"which u can get in grey,orange and blue or the other mma glove in black.

Im getting the training glove- I dont want to injure someone in training- if it does then i'll just use it for bag work

Yeah thats the glove I'm talking about. He got the Blue one. I never tried the black one, so I have no idea about the quality of that particular glove.

Well you can't blame century as most gloves like the rogue one cud slice ur opponant. Only recently have Ouano and a few other put sleaves on the finger tips to protect fighters from abrasions and stuff.

But the century gloves were really really bad. It is my honest opinion. Not bad mouthing the copany or anything, just saying it could do with a few improvements :) If I can get a picture of the seams I'll show you what I mean...

Ok heres a picture of the gloves. You can see it looks quite rough. The border around the edge of the padding sticks up and is pretty stiff and sharp

If it was for boxing gear, Id get TKO.. I have century stuff and I have to admit they're not as reliable or feel as great as TKO and everlast.

WOW i'd didnt know they stuck out that far. Better leave them soley for bag work. Theres no way id buy a decent glove like the shooto for sparing and fairtex for competition and waste them by ruining the leather, on the bag though. + there cheaper than the Harbinga

thanks for the pic

MadnessOU said:
There is no way to justify that kind of service at all. If you knew the part number that you needed then it should have been no longer than a 2 minute call. I can only offer my apologies and that there has been vast retraining in our customer service. I'm sure it was just a mistake and I doubt she intentionally lied, as you put it.

The problem may have been that the parts do not show up on your account like a normal order. A request is put through to the warehouse manager and he mails them out hiself. You can even ask for me if you want and I could walk to the wharehouse and mail it out myself. Thats probably what Budo does. It really is a routine thing I'm sorry it turned out to be a hassle for you.

Spoken like a true salesman. I have a couple of Century items and I have no complaints with them but I have also dealt with "MadnessOU" from Century and he is unprofessional and a liar. Century should fire him.

Back