Antonio Margarito training for a fall return

Hopefully his eye holds up, go up against angulo maybe andy lee after a win or 2

I haven't followed boxing for a while, can someone pls explain to me why Margacheato has not been banned for life.

Mosley is fighting Mayorga, so this fits right in with the trend. Not to mention, Tarver (46) just fought Cunningham (39) and people were happy to see it.

He is actually younger and probably in better condition than those guys if his eye is healed.

Hes going to go blind. Stay retired man.

Also Floy is ducking Margs.

I haven't followed boxing for a while, can someone pls explain to me why Margacheato has not been banned for life.

Because he didn't get caught cheating in the ring. Technically, his trainer got caught trying to cheat before there was an actual fight.

154 is not really super deep right now, Margarito might actually be able to make an impact there if he can truly get down to that weight.

Margs eye wont hold up. Hes too tough for his own good.

Are there examples of guys who have had broken orbital bones and other eye injuries and made full recoveries? Ray had a bad eye injury and came back to beat Hagler, but he was more elusive than Margarito, to say the least.

I am a little surprised that people are so unanimously against this, but not so much against a clearly punchdrunk Shane Mosley continuing to fight. It seems as though Shane could be trembling and unable to speak a coherent sentence by time he's 50, but people always seem more concerned with Margarito potentially losing vision in an eye that has been cleared by a doctor and has had over 3 years to fully heal.

I am a little surprised that people are so unanimously against this, but not so much against a clearly punchdrunk Shane Mosley continuing to fight. It seems as though Shane could be trembling and unable to speak a coherent sentence by time he's 50, but people always seem more concerned with Margarito potentially losing vision in an eye that has been cleared by a doctor and has had over 3 years to fully heal.

Yea i feel more for shane at this point, clearly affecting him more than margaritos eye after a few years.

June 11, 2016, Madison Square Garden

Margarito coming off a fresh TKO victory over Mundine sets to face rival Miguel Cotto, coming of a KO loss to Canelo.

Cotto-Margarito III

450K ppv buys or..... 1.8m viewers on HBO

I actually think it's cool that he wants to come back.

You don't want to see any fighter get badly hurt or killed in the ring, but I also can't blame a guy for trying to do something that has been their life for decades. Same goes for Mosley, and anyone else. Most pro athletes don't retire when they should simply because they don't know what else to do.

June 11, 2016, Madison Square Garden

Margarito coming off a fresh TKO victory over Mundine sets to face rival Miguel Cotto, coming of a KO loss to Canelo.

Cotto-Margarito III

450K ppv buys or..... 1.8m viewers on HBO

After canelo, would be the best money fight.

I think its disgusting that a doctor will license guys like Shane/Toney etc. It is sickening.

I think its disgusting that a doctor will license guys like Shane/Toney etc. It is sickening.

Agreed. On one hand, it's tough to tell a legend they can't fight when they still have the heart for it. On the other, there has to be people (trainers, commissions, family members) who will step in and have the balls to tell them what they don't want to hear.

It's tough to tell someone they can't have a payday, too.

There is always that to consider when they are looking at sanctioning these bouts.

Speaking of Toney, he fought a few days ago and lost to a nobody.

He lost his fight before that too

Back