Antonio brown vs leveon bell

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by bjpenngoat, Jan 3, 2019.

1. llperez22

llperez22 Red Belt

bell didnt agree to or sign shit thus he didnt play. Fact is the nfl has "franchise tags" to help teams keep players from leaving. The player is compensated handsomely, but for just one season with no long term guarantees. Basically franchise players get kinda screwed assuming what they desire is a long term deal with numerous seasons of guaranteed money. I dont mind bell sitting out. He even told the steelers he would report for the franchise tag if they agreed to not franchise tag him again after the season but they said nope to that. I dont blame him at all.

as for brown, we dont know all the details about behind the scenes being called out or whatever. But he did in fact agree to a large deal and thus being pouty about it makes me side with him significantly less than bell.

WandySaku2 and Track Jipper like this.
  2. the ambush

the ambush Black Belt

The franchise tag is necessary if you’re going to play in this era of a salary cap. It offers the player fair value protecting the player and also protecting the team. Other wise every top player would be requesting an unfeasible sum of money

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  3. Frank23

Frank23 New York Belt Platinum Member

Bell missed out on 14.5 million guaranteed. We'll see what kind of contract he gets in free agency.

4. Scerpi

Scerpi Black Belt

I'll be surprised if a team pays him that much for more than 3 years, when he'll be 30. He may end up regretting losing $14.5 Mil, then getting signed to a 3 year - $30 Million contract.

Someone should set up a Sherdog Wager on the Over-Under of Bell's guaranteed money for his next contract. I wouldn't be surprised if it's between $30-$35 Million, in which case he fucked up royally by sitting out 2018.

However, if there's a team dumb enough out there to guarantee Bell $60 Million or more, then he definitely made the right decision on top of getting a year not beating up his body.

IngaVovchanchyn and Frank23 like this.
  5. kiki do you love me

kiki do you love me Green Gucci Suit Platinum Member

6. AGGAMEMNON66

AGGAMEMNON66 ———Villain———

Well, Browns no Jerry Rice, that’s for sure..

@PUO3

7. IngaVovchanchyn

IngaVovchanchyn Titanium Belt Platinum Member

I don't think a single team in the league pays him 14.5 next season.

the ambush and Frank23 like this.