Anton Kuivanen guarantees "Fireworks" at UFC 157 Versus Chiesa

its funny how little actually winning TUF really matters nowadays, both Cruickshank and Jury are ahead of him in the LW pecking order just 6 months after the Finale.

Man I hope Chiesa looses. He was pretty much losing every single fight in the TUF untill the other guy gassed or he got lucky. Then he is side lined for a year and finally they try to find Kuivanen so he can take him down and control to a decision win.

KUIVANEN FWT! This could really put him on the map expecially if he would get a finish.

TS, Thank You for posting. May The Thousand Lakes and Lake Bodom flow through Anton's veins on his way to victory.

Man I hope Chiesa looses. He was pretty much losing every single fight in the TUF untill the other guy gassed or he got lucky.

I disagree. I think Chiesa has got some pretty unorthodox grappling, and his body type is pretty awkward for a wrestler. On TUF, I think it was just a matter of him forcing his opponents to fight Chiesa's type of a fight, and he's really good at that.

You definitely don't want him to get behind you at any point, that's for sure. He's so lanky and oddly built for the 155 division. He's able to sink double hooks in quite effortlessly aswell.

Him winning the show wasn't luck, in my opinion. His opponents just couldn't figure out how to deal with Chiesa, which I believe Anton will, and already has.

TS, Thank You for posting. May The Thousand Lakes and Lake Bodom flow through Anton's veins on his way to victory.

Thank you for replying, mate!

Although, it's the blood of the land of the thousand swamps flowing through his veins, I recon, since he's actually born in Estonia but moved to Finland when he was just 5 or 6. :redface:

Well I thought he had a good chance better than 2-1 at least.I thought going in anton was just the slightly better fighter but with bigger holes if that makes any sense.chiesa always finds a way to win and you have to assume like 90% of tuf winners they are way better their first fight in the ufc after winning the season.I thought Anton clearly won the first round but was making some really stupid decisions when it came to getting into and staying in positions he couldn't afford to play in.When chiesa got him to the ground in the 2nd he flopped around turned the wrong way was just a mess on the ground.I like the guy but he's gonna get cut and I won't mind.He hasn't shown much improvement at all it doesn't look good for his future.I was really hoping he'd have a good showing and was very let down.

I thought Anton would beat Chiesa unless he did something stupid. He did by not completely disengaging with Chiesa when Chiesa was going down on the ground with a hold on just one ankle. Even after that, I figured Kuivanen could somewhat hang on the ground. I don't know what it is, but people just panic with Chiesa.

I really think Chiesa is going to get heavily exposed. He's like the Cody McKenzie of RNCs. The common theme that he's had is that he's fighting guys who excel in the standup and want to avoid the ground with him. When he fights someone with a decent grappling base, he'll be fucked. Chiesa really isn't that good of a grappler, and he's pretty poor in all other areas.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back