anti-racists topple "Silent Sam" confederate statue at UNC campus

Wahh , why can't respect people who had such little respect for other people they wanted them enslaved! It's not fair!
There were a lot of racist people fighting for the Union. There were black regiments on both sides. And probably many Union soldiers that might not fight alongside a black man.
There are racists on both sides of this war. This monument honors a piece of history and stood for over a hundred years. It should not come down this way.

These mindless idiots will not stop at Confederate statues. This is just the beginning of an attack on culture in general. Just like how 'punch a Nazi' actually means 'punch a Trump supporter and anyone else who might have different opinions to me'.

Here in the UK a piece of art celebrating Rudyard Kippling's 'If' poem was recently vandalized because according to the morons desecrating it, it's 'racist and imperialistic'.

He is retarded
Sorry you are considered legally retarded by US government estimates from 1970s. If its any consolation, theres plenty of folks just like you out there in prison or mental hospitals you can play with.

Whats your point? I said theres more people enslaved today by black people than were ever enslaved at once in the US. In 1860 theres 4 million slaves in USA. How is that not less than over 15 million slaves existing in Africa today?
You are comparing a whole continent to a country that was less populated at the time compared to now. All this for an arguement to keep a racist statue that celebrates traitors. Keep trolling Jethro.

Sorry you are considered legally retarded by US government estimates from 1970s. If its any consolation, theres plenty of folks just like you out there in prison or mental hospitals you can play with.
l<JonesLaugh>

The statue honored the young men who fought for the state of North Carolina and the Confederacy. Put up by "Daughters of the Confederacy" whose fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and cousins fought and some died defending their state. That's how people saw it. Go visit some Confederate museums and educate yourself.

They don't deserve to be honored. Neither do Nazis. Germany has no statues of them, do they? But they fought and died "defending their state" as well.

Nazism was just properly neutered after the war, while the south was allowed to play around with revisionism. Making a romanticized view of the war, creating a myth, helping to justify continued racial discrimination... to feel better about being losers.

Peter Shits going all in in his troll

Peter Shits going all in in his troll
giphy.gif

Whats your point? I said theres more people enslaved today by black people than were ever enslaved at once in the US. In 1860 theres 4 million slaves in USA. How is that not less than over 15 million slaves existing in Africa today?

What's your point? People in Mozambique enslave people in 2018 so we should have statues honoring when we used to do it? More slaves existing in Africa currently is no more a defense than raping someone and defending it by saying "yeah but what about Bill Cosby!"

I'm not sure what's worse. The fact that you're trying to imply that there were no peaceful protest during that past era, that I would agree with criminal protest in either era, or that the past era is comparable to 2018.

I think what’s worse is either side just droning on with meme spamming. Lol

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/21/confederate-statue-on-unc-campus-toppled-by-protesters.html

so apparently a bunch of babies destroyed a historical public monument and think they ended racism, or something along those lines. Most people online seem to disagree with what they did, because rather than try and remove the statue legally they circumvented the law and endangered themselves and others. This appears to follow a trend of leftists believing the "ends justify the means", and they will employ whatever illegal tactics necessary to get whatever they think is socially just. The university should kick out any students involved, and the police should be making arrests. Should be interesting to see what response comes next..

These mindless idiots will not stop at Confederate statues. This is just the beginning of an attack on culture in general. Just like how 'punch a Nazi' actually means 'punch a Trump supporter and anyone else who might have different opinions to me'.

Here in the UK a piece of art celebrating Rudyard Kippling's 'If' poem was recently vandalized because according to the morons desecrating it, it's 'racist and imperialistic'.
Good we shouldn't stop at confederate statues.

Someone should go down there and inform them Jesus didn't ride on T Rexes and global warming is real. Y'all Qaeda down there is a fucking mess.

You are comparing a whole continent to a country that was less populated at the time compared to now. All this for an arguement to keep a racist statue that celebrates traitors. Keep trolling Jethro.

Lol what a bullshit response.

Cool so if i band together enough people and call ourselves antifa i can commit crime?

Thats a pretty sweet deal!

What's your point? People in Mozambique enslave people in 2018 so we should have statues honoring when we used to do it? More slaves existing in Africa currently is no more a defense than raping someone and defending it by saying "yeah but what about Bill Cosby!"
My point? People who complain about "muh 400 years" past while doing nothing about the present are hypocrites. And you always seem to have some metaphor to combine your strawmen with, interesting combo..

Back