Anti Homophobia website is oddly entertaining

rosettastoned

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
The website's goal is to point out just how often we use offensive slurs in day to day conversation. It has a non stop ticker updating how many times each of these are used on Twitter, and a stream of each person saying it. I found it interesting.

http://www.nohomophobes.com/#!/today/

"No Homo" used nearly 5,000 times today on Twitter so far haha.

when i get drunk I tend to yell the "f word" in public a lot. Which sounds really trashy. I have no problem with gay dudes though.

when i get drunk I tend to yell the "f word" in public a lot. Which sounds really trashy. I have no problem with gay dudes though.

I have an image of you with a bottle of jack in one hand, staggering down the street, literally yelling:

"Hey, HEY! You...you're a damn f-word, hear me? AN F-WORD! YEAH!"

I'm not sure how posting twitter feeds of homophobic slurs will help curb the usage of such slurs.

If anything, it's filled with gold!

Thats hilarious

As a dude who likes dudes, i have no problem with any of those words. i say things are gay all the time and i use the f-word more than i probably should lol

Yeah, they're really going about it in the wrong way.

People are either gonna be apalled or laughing their asses off.

some girl just called herself a massive f-word lol

The use of these words almost takes away their power. I only use f** sometimes.. Because my gay friends were always telling each other not to "f** out" so I dont seeing wrong with it.

Thats hilarious

As a dude who likes dudes, i have no problem with any of those words. i say things are gay all the time and i use the f-word more than i probably should lol

Queer is my favorite word to use.

I think it rolls off the tongue better than ***.

"feg" is also a bit more tactful imo. Like adding a vowel to the end of the N-word.

I've been favoring "dandy" or "funboy" lately myself.

If I really want to piss off a queer I resort to telling them their clothes don't match and they look fat.

Much better than slinging around F missiles

I don't use those words on actual gay people. I just get a kick out of calling straight people ghey. A friend of mine once called some middle-aged family man a "dyke" and I nearly had a stroke.

I don't use those words on actual gay people. I just get a kick out of calling straight people ghey. A friend of mine once called some middle-aged family man a "dyke" and I nearly had a stroke.

Haha that is pretty funny

People really shouldn't use homophobic slurs, but it's culturally widely accepted. I know very few people that don't sometimes say, "That's gay" or call someone a f*g. 99% of the time it's got nothing to do with someone being or behaving homosexual. Which often at times is worse, because we are just associating everything negative or boring as being homosexual.

In short, I disagree with people using the word, but I know far less people are educated on how homophobia is wrong compared to how racism is wrong. Still, there are plenty of idiots there as well. I know plenty of people that think it's ok to say ni**a, but not ni**er. It's just 100xs more common for people to be stupid and not realize where homophobic slurs are wrong.

images

i'm going to give up on this PC world if "no homo" is wrong. it's just for fun for fucks sake.

Back