Anti-guard shinlock

flyingknee16 said:
Okay. Maybe I am mistaken. But I've been watching Tony cecchine's Lost Art of Hooking DVDs, and I came to the conclusion that if Tony is a hooker, in fact one of the only hookers of this art alive, then I figured the things he did would be what catch was all about. 90% of the subs he shows on his DVDs I've never even seen Sakuraba attempt. A lot of shit on Tony C's dvds, he muscles, and boy does he muscle like crazy.

If you would play the analogy that Sak is to Catch as Fedor is to Judo, maybe I'd buy that. I know everyone calls Sakuraba a catch wrestler. If he is, I'm guessing it's from his attitude in grappling (ie never pulling guard, turtling a lot, etc). But as far as his subs go, I've never seen him do anything that actually set catch apart from BJJ, for me at least.

Keep in mind I'm basing this off what I've seen on Tony C's DVDs, which I thought were ae good source for catch stuff since he's supposed to be a hooker, but correct me if I'm wrong guys.
Check out Fujiwara's DVDs. Sakuraba has one of the best double wrist locks I have ever seen. One of the staple moves of Catch Wrestling. The move he beat alot of the Gracies with, need I remind you. His postioning is also nothing but Catch Wrestling. Sakuraba's wrestling is just overall very impressive. That sweep single he hits is just beautiful. Tony's DVDs are one side of Catch, the Japanese have their own flow as far as Catch goes. To base everything off of Tony's DVDs wouldnt be fair now would it? Tony's Catch background has major differences than Saku's. I know for a fact that Saku's lineage is legit, but its up for question wether Tony's is. I may dig up some of Saku's old pro wrestling matches, so you can really see him in action. His UWFi matches where crazy.

Alright, I'll check out Fujiwara's DVDs then. Thank for the reference.

hell even i am going after these DVD asap as you talk.
Sakuraba, well, there

I have Tonys videos for a few years now. I tried it before, but haven't work for me yet. For one of my friends it did, but he is way better than me.

Back