Anti-guard shinlock

Fuckin hurts! The Brazilians feel this move is "Cheating", but when they elbow you on the ground, in that face, it is an "accident"

maybe im retarted, but aren't you describing a heelhook? just without grapevining your legs at all.

i also think it sounds like a heelhook in closed guard. That is not a good idea.

It's not a heelhook. I think it's called the Quasimodo leglock because you trap the ankle, lean forward and turn to finish it. I believe it is a knee seperation/shin breaker.

Superbeast is correct, this technique is more of the catch oriented stuff.

It's a move you'll never get on anyone who has seen it before and has a decent amount of ground experience but if you catch them unawares and get it solidly on you can sometimes get a tap from it, something i tend to use when i'm stuck in guard and im being too lazy to bother passing.

sounds like ur leavin urself very exposed 4 a triangle?

No you dont because you start to apply it from a good posture up and far away from them. Yes the name is Quasimodo and it is absolutely vicious. I tried it just now and it did wonders. Those who said that this won

how are you gripping his foot? i can't picture the lock or how you are applying pressure. everytime i re-read your post....heelhook, thats all i see.

ok. you are in his guard. he has his right foot over his left foot. You will turn to your right. Now you will place your forearm on the end of his foot ( under his tiny toe) then pull your forearm to you, bringing his foot to your ribs. Now you will twist back left towards him as you move forwards and hunch your back, applying pressure on his ankle.

thats the funkiest submission ive ever heard of

it works man, i just caught my blue belt brother with it.
the good think about catch is that you learn to think outside the box. BJJ is too accomodated as a ground art because it was so innovative.
Sakuraba showed them what it is to think outside the box. and lo and behold: saku is a catch wrestler! :D

I love BJJ and just these videos helped me A LOT with my BJJ

The move works but there are now counters that have been developed. In particular, there's a triangle setup that has been developed when the guy begins to reach back for your ankles.

Anyone can be caught with anything with a decent set up. Everything can be countered if you don't work hard/fast/technically. Fake a elbow to thighs guard pass and then go for it. You also generally want to put your forearm down outside their hips or even try grab the back of their shorts, elbow next to their hip, so they can't try move round to release the pressure.

VagabondMusashi said:
it works man, i just caught my blue belt brother with it.
the good think about catch is that you learn to think outside the box. BJJ is too accomodated as a ground art because it was so innovative.
Sakuraba showed them what it is to think outside the box. and lo and behold: saku is a catch wrestler! :D

I love BJJ and just these videos helped me A LOT with my BJJ

Dude, Saku is not a catch wrestler. He's a submission wrestler but I wouldn't say he was a catch guy. He doesn't use any of the subs or setups that guys like Tony C. uses. He's a smart and innovative grappler, but I wouldn't say he's a catch wrestler, especially if Tony is a hooker and is supposed to be THE man for catch stuff.

Back