Anti-Doping at the Olympic Games

Did TRD see Wiggins shooting up during his time in the PRO peleton?

Or was TRD close enough to hear the noise of Froome's motor during his time in the PRO peleton?

We can all read threads on Teh Clinic and make our own minds up about the subject. We can all look at the evidence and the stories and the commentary on this subject and make up our minds.
You sound like a whiny, little girl here. Just admit it, you have zero knowledge of the sport and the behind the scenes
occurrences. Teh Clinic indeed.
You've lost the plot, wanker.

You sound like a whiny, little girl here. Just admit it, you have zero knowledge of the sport and the behind the scenes
occurrences. Teh Clinic indeed.
You've lost the plot, wanker.

Hahaha, of course I do. You're the one whining dude.

"All the Sky are winning teh races. They are juicing"

I've got plenty knowledge of the sport although I admit that I zero knowledge of what's happening behind the scenes- the same as everyone else in this thread.

Anyway, thanks for showing your true colours by resorting to personal insults my friend. It's been real.

Wiggins was the best track cyclist at the time. Yet you express surprise that, when he was involved as a GC contender, he was an excellent time trialler? A strange stance indeed.

That's correct. Riders who are superior track riders don't switch to road and then improve their TTing while losing 25lbs to develop into top climbers. Wiggins was getting absolutely throttled in TT's when he was riding for Cofidis, then upon losing 25lbs he increased his power? And this after having been a superior track rider when he switched to road.

That makes no sense at all.

I admit that I zero knowledge of what's happening behind the scenes
yes, we all know that.
Froome and Sky forced to race clean, lose Vuelta.
but then again, who knows.
Quintana might have gotten a 'doctor's visit' this time.
cheers, bud

yes, we all know that.
Froome and Sky forced to race clean, lose Vuelta.
but then again, who knows.
Quintana might have gotten a 'doctor's visit' this time.
cheers, bud

Yes, the Vuelta has alway been known as the cleanest race. The Spanish cycling authorities have always kept themselves squeeky clean.

Who's clueless now?

Great comeback.

I guess now that all of Chris Froome's medical records have been leaked we will soon know how much he has been cheating.

Just to be clear, the TUEs released for Froome and Wiggins today are really a non story. If it were the old "therapeutic testosterone for hypogonadism" I'd get the uproar, as that's basically confirmation of steroid abuse.

It's not though, it's 2 short courses of prednisolone for froome and some inhalers for Wiggins. The only slightly odd thing is the 2 steroid injections for froome (EDIT sorry think it's Wiggins actually), but that's not unheard of in people with bad allergies.

Nothing they've taken TUEs for on that list would have had any significant performance impact.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, the TUEs released for Froome and Wiggins today are really a non story. If it were the old "therapeutic testosterone for hypogonadism" I'd get the uproar, as that's basically confirmation of steroid abuse.

It's not though, it's 2 short courses of prednisolone for froome and some inhalers for Wiggins. The only slightly odd thing is the 2 steroid injections for froome, but that's not unheard of in people with bad allergies.

Nothing they've taken TUEs for on that list would have had any significant performance impact.

Exactly, total non-story as far as Froome is concerned. He has always admitted to two TUE's.

The conspiracy theorists will be crying into their cornflakes.

Great comeback.

I guess now that all of Chris Froome's medical records have been leaked we will soon know how much he has been cheating.
you sound like a priggish little girl. lol at asthma, the oldest 'go to' in cycling and pro sports in general. wiggins had a tue for it from 08 to 13.
why didn't he need it this year for the tour of britain? right.

you sound like all the defenders of Pharmstrong when his amazing wins were being questioned. when, not if, froomie and uk cycling gets busted
for whatever they're doing, remember your childish naivety.

you sound like a priggish little girl. lol at asthma, the oldest 'go to' in cycling and pro sports in general. wiggins had a tue for it from 08 to 13.
why didn't he need it this year for the tour of britain? right.

you sound like all the defenders of Pharmstrong when his amazing wins were being questioned. when, not if, froomie and uk cycling gets busted
for whatever they're doing, remember your childish naivety.

And you, my friend, sound like a whiny minge.

I'm pretty sure this is one of the best things that could happen to Froome from a PR point of view.

If you're so convinced that Froome is definitely going to get caught then please pipe down and come back when, not if, it happens.

just the tip of the iceberg, Fred

"The UCI TUEs for Wiggins, the 2012 Tour de France winner and a five-time Olympic gold medalist (including gold in Rio), showed he had a “life long allergy to pollen nasal congestion/rhinorrhoea sneezing throat irritation, wheezing leading to dyspnoea eye watering runny nose known allergy to grass pollen.”

The international cycling federation issued Wiggins certificates in 2008 to use inhaler drug salbutamol and once each in 2011, 2012, and 2013, it gave him permission for a triamcinolone acetonide injection.

Froome applied for TUEs at the time of the 2013 Critérium du Dauphiné and the 2014 Tour de Romandie. The UCI gave him permission to use the corticosteroid prednisolone injection."

Last edited:
just the tip of the iceberg, Fred

"The UCI TUEs for Wiggins, the 2012 Tour de France winner and a five-time Olympic gold medalist (including gold in Rio), showed he had a “life long allergy to pollen nasal congestion/rhinorrhoea sneezing throat irritation, wheezing leading to dyspnoea eye watering runny nose known allergy to grass pollen.”

The international cycling federation issued Wiggins certificates in 2008 to use inhaler drug salbutamol and once each in 2011, 2012, and 2013, it gave him permission for a triamcinolone acetonide injection.

Froome applied for TUEs at the time of the 2013 Critérium du Dauphiné and the 2014 Tour de Romandie. The UCI gave him permission to use the corticosteroid prednisolone injection."

The evidence is damning.

Chris Froome has had two TUEs in his career. I'm afraid this is not the proof you and your buddies are looking for.

It's perfectly reasonable for a person to require medication twice in a career.

even the great Greg LeMond, who correctly outed Pharmstrong has serious concern about Froome's performance:

LeMond expressed doubts about Froome's high-cadence attacking style in the L'Équipe interview.
"He turned his legs at a high speed, but it's not effective and contrary to all physiological laws," LeMond is reported as saying, also dismissing the idea of Team Sky's marginal gains philosophy.

"You can't get a gap on small gears," LeMond argued.

"The great physiologist Frederick Portoleau showed that when Froome accelerates hard, his heart only shows small variations. This is troubling. What bothers me is hearing some technicians say it's science fiction, which is a kind of misinformation. Others make us believe they are ahead of the best scientists, the famous Team Sky marginal gains! What bollocks! There are no new methodologies. That is wrong. In this area too, miracles do not exist."

Lance Armstrong, the "greatest, most dominant cyclist of this generation". "I'm the most tested athlete in history."-Armstrong

"How many tours did you cheat in?" "All of them."-Armstrong

HIstory will repeat itself, but I don't blame you for defending him.

Remember, this is the same team mgr that was troubled by Wiggins' gains when he was riding for his team!

These fanboys won't budge IMO.
Much like the Lance fanboys back when.
Of which I was one, unfortunately.

Froome needs relief from asthma and coincidentally takes the one medication that makes your legs feel like steel. The 'legs feel like steel' quote is from a clean cyclist who was prescribed prednisone and then got on his bike.

Back