Anti-Doping at the Olympic Games

@senri

Not according to the IAAF website. https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/jamaica/usain-bolt-184599

He ran sub 20s 3 yrs after starting in competitive track -- then it took another 4 yrs to run the WR. Is that ludicrous?

The scarier thing is his 100m progression;

yr 1: 10.03 (first year running the 100m!!)
yr 2: 9.69

We could argue what that means.

You claim he never had incentive to dope, which is BS. Bolt had stagnated (which the results in your link shows, btw) and wasn't good enough to win the biggest events in his sport. That's not reason enough to dope?

If he was doping he would have been caught like all other athletes did recently from WADA. Blood samples are kept for up to 8 years. Nobody was safe even superstars like Iliya ilin in weightlifting was caught despite govt backing.

That's BS. You have far too much faith in the corrupt pieces of shit running the IOC. Only a very small percentage of samples are retested and there's zero transparency in the selection process of who gets retested and what for. How many americans and western euros have been caught by IOC retesting of olympic samples? Do you really believe there's no doping in the west?

I find it hilarious that Lily King blasted Yulia Efimova for being a drug cheat, then proceeds to beat the drug cheater while she is on her high horse about how clean she is. The bitching only works if you went out and LOST to the big bad Russian cheater. The fact that you dominated the big bad drug cheater makes me feel like Lily King herself is on the best drugs.

@therealdope likes this post but claims to know guys who were clean & #1 in drug riddled sports and will defend Bolt who has outclassed every doper in history. Makes sense? Nope, not at all.

You claim he never had incentive to dope, which is BS. Bolt had stagnated (which the results in your link shows, btw) and wasn't good enough to win the biggest events in his sport. That's not reason enough to dope?

That's BS. You have far too much faith in the corrupt pieces of shit running the IOC. Only a very small percentage of samples are retested and there's zero transparency in the selection process of who gets retested and what for. How many americans and western euros have been caught by IOC retesting of olympic samples? Do you really believe there's no doping in the west?

@therealdope likes this post but claims to know guys who were clean & #1 in drug riddled sports and will defend Bolt who has outclassed every doper in history. Makes sense? Nope, not at all.

US athletes get popped often. When gatling won his gold he was popped some time later. As did tyson gay in his hayday. In IWF houston world weightlifting championship many athletes got popped. Recently WADA found a way to catch new forms of turinabol and winstrol. US athletes get tested often which is why when it comes to weightlifting they perform poorly.

Last edited:
So he was already the best and just wanted to be more 'the best'?

Don't show me progression. Show me where he was getting beaten and then became unbeatable. He was never getting beaten up. OTOH, Ben Johnson was beaten by a few runners (including one of my friends) until Dr. Jamie Astaphan took over. Carl Lewis was not unbeatable until he grew 5" after his growth spurt. Tim Montgomery looked normal running 10.0, then a year later he looks like a monster and is running 9.75. Where is that with Bolt?

THat ^^^^ is the single best argument.

two things: (1) we've never seen a 6'5" world class sprinter before (2) his starts are still very average --- he might be able to go even faster.

But he may not have been at his peak.

Calvin Smith the former WR holder in the 100m was clean. So was Robson Da Silva. Both of those guys might have gone sub-9.8 with modern shoes and a post Tokyo 1991 track surface.

I've known a clean athlete to be the best in a sport that is as dirty as they come. Every 3 or 4 decades you get a single freak.

Keep in mind I'm a drug free athlete, worked to organize an anti-doping team, my only other message board ID is "compete_clean" and a I ran a sport anti-doping website.

I'm not saying he is certainly clean, I just want to know where the jump in performance occurred and what dodgy missed or failed tests there are. He may be dirty or he may be a freak of nature among dirty teammates. If he's doped then I'll be the first to troll this board with that news.

I find it astounding that no one is talking about Mo Farrah, Galen Rupp and the Nike Oregon project since:

(1) Phil knight has a history of history of organizing doping teams (Athletics West anyone?)

(2) It is now well publicized that Galen Rupp has been on thyroid meds and TRT since he was in high school.

(3) Mo Farrah is one missed test way from being banned.

(4) Kara Goucher spilled the beans on the Nike Oregon project shoving prescription meds (not prescribed to her) at her when she had a bad race.

Crickets.

Wait a minute, what PED makes you gain 5 inches?

hey wait a minute.
how come 'the real dope' knows so much about doping?
hmm

HGH - the type that comes from grinding up pituatary glands of cadavers. That's exactly what the source was at the time before they developed the recombinant form.

In Canada some rogue doctor gave HGH to a kid a year older then me, as the parents managed to convince the doc that he was too short for his age (he was 15) who then grew from 5'1 to 6'3 in a year and a half, it was ludicrous. Went from average to a regular basketball player in his years team.

Hmmmm. I've seen some terrible things.
giphy.gif

Everyone knows that what's his name is juicing. You don't win the Olympics clean.

All of these elite athletes are on something...

its hard to believe when world records are not only beaten but shattered that something foreign is not involved.

Is Bolt clean - I don't know. THe odds are against him being number one in a dirty sport. Having known clean athletes to beat dopers, I don't want to assume he is doped without some evidence. Bolt doesn't show the typical progression problems that dopers usually show. What he does show is the trait of athletic freaks that come once every 3 or 4 generations. Might he be an outlier freak and doped? Sure he can.

Where did he plateau and then suddenly improve? You say the IAAF season PBs data shows it, so point it out. There is no "Paul Radcliffe is average and then late in her career she is breaking every record and she trains with a russian doctor that deals EPO" moment in Bolt's timeline. He's ALWAYS been much better than his peers and elders going back to when he was 14 yrs old.

The troubling issues for Bolt are that (1) he's Jamaican and a bunch of Jamaicans have been caught doping and (2) he just kept getting better -- much, much better. Troubling - yes. Damning - No.

How do you feel about Wayne Van Neirkirk? He must be doped right? What do you have to back that up other than he ran an incredible time?

Listen you dumb fuck, I'm not defending Bolt as clean, I'm saying he doesn't follow the pattern of known dopers in terms of progression. Using superior performance as the deciding factor on guilt is not reasonable. If that is how you view sport, then why do you watch it?

Secondly, don't fucking use "claim" with me. I'm not claiming anything. For those who are interested I posted personal insight regarding someone I've known, raced with and still stay in contact with that was clean, and always opposed to doping. That person was always better than everyone else. He was a freak of nature. They exist.

The reality is that doping and cheating have been rampant for a very long time. I believe that storing blood, OOC testing and blood passports are making a difference, and making cheating much more difficult. Hopefully the next generation of clean athletes will have the option of being competitive for world titles without having to dope.

The reason I 'liked' that post (that you pointed out) is that the swimmer was running her mouth about Efimova as being dirty and then beating her. Do you see Bolt running his mouth about other runners as dirty and then beating them? See the difference?

If you think you're reading a bunch of 'BS' (because you point that out a lot) from Senri and me - put us on ignore and go fuck yourself.

Last edited:
its hard to believe when world records are not only beaten but shattered that something foreign is not involved.

Unfortunately it's probably the case 8 out of 10 times. It does happen though.

HGH - the type that comes from grinding up pituatary glands of cadavers. That's exactly what the source was at the time before they developed the recombinant form.
In Canada some rogue doctor gave HGH to a kid a year older then me, as the parents managed to convince the doc that he was too short for his age (he was 15) who then grew from 5'1 to 6'3 in a year and a half, it was ludicrous. Went from average to a regular basketball player in his years team.

Man, no idea why I never heard of HGH causing that much height growth. Surely it cant happen in matured people or we would see all these athletes using HGH becoming massive?

Man, no idea why I never heard of HGH causing that much height growth. Surely it cant happen in matured people or we would see all these athletes using HGH becoming massive?

If you see athletes needing braces suddenly in their mid- to late 20s you can pretty much bet they are using HGH.

If you see athletes needing braces suddenly in their mid- to late 20s you can pretty much bet they are using HGH.

Ive heard of the jaw growth some peopke cite as evidence of hgh use just not large vertical growth spurts. Got to say I often find the doping methods and way of catching them more interesting than the sport.

Ive heard of the jaw growth some peopke cite as evidence of hgh use just not large vertical growth spurts. Got to say I often find the doping methods and way of catching them more interesting than the sport.

If you have a gentic predisposition to getting cancer hgh will magnify the chances of you getting said cancers. It needs to be stacked with steroids to get any effect. The growth comes when you give it to growing kids before the plates fuse.

depends on your age. If your growth plates are closed, you're not going to see increases in height. But flat bones like in yo' face keep growing, so greatly increased GH in adulthood will make you look like a cromag.

Back