Anti-Doping at the Olympic Games

Dude the UFC literally has probably the most comprehensive drug testing of any major sport.

It's actually really sad and I'm not sure why leagues like the NFL, NBA, etc. don't get absolutely shit on for having a joke of a testing program compared to a sport that makes like 1/50th of the revenue they do.

The Olympics is a joke too, you only get tested like a month before the competition starts. Everyone is roided to the gills. The trust national teams to drug test their athletes in competition (lol) before that.

Also these athletes basically constantly drug test themselves and keep tabs on their blood work to stay within normal ranges and ensure they won't test positive. And I still am not sure if they test for HGH and other substances that require expensive and specific tests.

There are like 6/7 runners other than Usain Bolt who have gotten below 9.80s in the 100m dash, and every single one tested positive for steroids except for him.

Do you think Usain Bolt is just a freak of nature or can we just accept the obvious that he's also using steroids?

Probably no one cares because sports are entertainment. I wanna see my favorite monstrous freaks go to war every Sunday, not a different collection of natty weaklings every week who get injured with nothing useful to help them recover.

Last edited:
Doping doesn't make cycling, XC skiing or Running and more interesting. CYcling would be much more interesting without doping and/or race radios. you would still have a race from point A to point B and you would still have a winner --- you just wouldn't have the winer's team beating the shit out of other teams because they have a better system or better doping products.

The Lance Armstrong years were some of the most boring TdFs that I can recall.

From the mouth of Darryl Webster -- a great rider and former pro - who was clean.

As a Brit and former Olympian myself ( 84 ) I,m finding it bloody embarrassing....
my fellow Brit cycling fans would be screaming blue murder if any other country was as dominant as GB are being on the track...
nothing seams to blind peeps as much as patriotism does it ! :(

Back