Anti-Domestic Violence Protest To Take Place At UFC 191

Why protest? Dana's investigation already proved Browne was innocent.

This is dumb, guys shouldn't be punished just because they were accused of something, Browne and Rumble were both cleared so the UFC let them keep their jobs.

People against domestic disputes should focus more on the people affected by it rather than trying to protest a company who has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The attitude towards women on this forum shows how much it permeates the culture of MMA. HBO showed statistics where MMA fighters are much more likely than NFL players and the general population to have committed domestic abuse.

It's because those protesters don't give a damn about Rumble or the woman he "allegedly" abused by throwing her yoga mat. They only care about pushing whatever agenda they have. Trust me, all they are looking for is for the UFC to cave in to whatever demands they have or have some yahoo make a sexist remark to them so they can add more fuel to the fire.

It looks like they know what they're doing. They're going to camp there all event to make sure all the media sees them.

I wonder if Dana can have them thrown out. Probably and he should.

This is probably not the best crowd protest too. I have faith in mma fans, i guess if the protesters provoke them.

Rumble has never been convicted of domestic violence. Why do people keep saying he has?

It is disappointing that so many MMA fighters are engaging in domestic violence. That being said, if they want to protest MMA, I hope they spread the message and go and protest boxing, football etc. Sadly, male dominated sports have often been riddled with practitioners whom are also abusers.

Rumble brought that shit on himself. Now the Culinary union is being bitch-bred as usual.

I have a strong feeling that the Culinary Union will be a big part of the turn out.

A crowd filled with paid protesters.

The UFC has obvious double standards. Popular fighters tend to get protected while lower tier fighters get the short end of the stick right away.

Imo the UFC should side with the protesters and set an example against violence, domestic or not.

I tend to agree, they need to take some sort of solidified action.

He plead no contest. That's not the same thing as a conviction, is it?

It is basically the same, but from what I understood, which could be incorrect, it that a no contest plea lends less prove to a civil lawsuit than a guilt plea.

The English translation of a nolo contendere plea used in criminal cases. Generally the terms nolo contendere and no contest are used inter-changeably in the legal community. The operation of a no contest plea is similar to a plea of guilty. A defendant who enters a no contest plea concedes the charges alleged without disputing or admitting guilt and without offering a defense. No contest has a different meaning in the context of a will.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/No+Contest

while these sjw twitter witchhunts always get out of control, people will probably should be aware of it. Not riled up to the point they cover themselves in menstrual blood and carry around a mattress.

That's a very colorful image.

I wonder how the protest is going. Maybe they took some of those free tickets.

No, It does not prove innocence, but it must be presumed. It's not up to the court of public opinion.

If MMA fighters are getting arrested at higher rates than average men or even NFL guys that is a problem and it should lead to discussions on whether or not MMA culture encourages this and if MMA is a problematic sport. Having someone like Rumble Johnson enjoy the status he does, among others, with his domestic violence record is a major issue, SJW bullshit aside.

And the innocent until proven guilty defense is useless and needs to be dropped as well; we are talking about rates of arrest here. If rates of arrest are that much higher for MMA fighters, it is a severe problem. Domestic violence arrests generally do not happen simply because of an argument over finances or where a spouse was that night where peoples' voices were raised; it has to get more serous than usual for an arrest to happen. If arrest rates are that much higher, that it really does suggest that MMA leads to its athletes becoming uncontrollable tools and it is not moral to support it; it does lead to the possibility that those who have opposed it and tried to outlaw it and kept it illegal in New York were correct this whole time.

The attitude towards women on this forum shows how much it permeates the culture of MMA. HBO showed statistics where MMA fighters are much more likely than NFL players and the general population to have committed domestic abuse.

Yeah, statistics are always accurate. :rolleyes:

What he did was wrong, but does not constitute a violent act. Sure, he needs to control his temper. But if you think verbal abuse and throwing a yoga mat is violent, you really need to rethink that. The best way to show disapproval for his actions is not to support his chosen career.

I'm cool with them protesting. If you hit your wife/GF, you're a dumbass. If the situation has escalated to the point where violence crosses ones mind, just leave. Book a suite at the Marriott or something, at least until she has calmed down, or has vacated your property, assuming it's your place. No man should suffer the humiliation of being dragged out of his home in cuffs by the cops.

Back