Anti-Domestic Violence Protest To Take Place At UFC 191

#yogamatsmatter

Great post.

+1

Posts of mine can be found elsewhere on this board defending all sorts of groups, feminists among them, but this protest is misguided, misdirected, and rather pointless.

I hate people.
Go fucking protest places that hire felons... Oh, you just want to be seen and heard being annoying...

Side note: don't agree with protesting hired felons, just saying something equally as ridiculous

And sorry, but yelling at a woman in the gym, while you are training for a fight, doesn't make for battery or abuse.

"subsequent facebook rant at a yoga-practising woman"

oh no! that's the worst kind of facebook ranting!

And sorry, but yelling at a woman in the gym, while you are training for a fight, doesn't make for battery or abuse.

I also feel that whole thing was overblown and stupid. Rumble shouldn't have taken to social media afterwards to go on about it, but if he was being truthful in saying she plopped her mat down in the area where people are lifting weights and started stretching in the middle of it all, then he at least wasn't wrong in asking her to leave. He probably could've been nicer about it and definitely shouldn't have done the whole social media rant thing, but that was a reasonable complaint.

lol, 'against a helpless woman practicing Yoga'.

Yeah. This will probably be around the same magnitude as the May / Pac fight when one reporter threw a bitch fit for being banned and claimed, 'then all of us are banned'. I'm pretty sure that was a lonely night for her.

I'll laugh if the cops break them up and they end up resisting arrest and get assaulted

The attitude towards women on this forum shows how much it permeates the culture of MMA. HBO showed statistics where MMA fighters are much more likely than NFL players and the general population to have committed domestic abuse.

fucking people have nothing better to do.
go home. feed your children. something...

No, It does not prove innocence, but it must be presumed. It's not up to the court of public opinion.

while these sjw twitter witchhunts always get out of control, people will probably should be aware of it. Not riled up to the point they cover themselves in menstrual blood and carry around a mattress.

The main problem is the American justice system. Trials can't happen if the victim flees, remain silent or reached a secret agreement. IMO violent crimes shouldn't be only a matter between an perpetrator and a victim, guys with such behavior are a menace to society. Trials should happen anyway so guys could be cleared or sentenced, and not get their reputation and status in limbo for accusations that will never reached court.

Precisely. Why is the victim made judge? It is a PUBLIC system. It is an offense against the entire state. He is a threat to the state. This is how the mob and other bullies can operate for so long in many neighborhoods.

playing politics, nothing new - i wonder if anything else is behind it, like the most interesting stories, we dont get the full look usually

They're going after the UFC because the bad PR might actually do some damage there, instead of going after more established sports that could literally hurl these protesters across the lot and survive the PR backlash.

It's a shame because of all professional sports leagues the UFC is the one that has actually taken a strong, proactive stance against even allegations of domestic abuse.

who gives a shit?

aren't there more important crusades like world hunger or reforming our shitty education system?

I can't imagine this happening at a boxing event or kick boxing event. Fuck off assholes, trying to demonize an entire sport for publicity.

Back