Anthony Yarde...

SOAzmayesh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Wow, just wow...
With Hearn and DAZN making such big moves, how the heck did ESPN+ and Frank drop the damn ball so hard.
Did anyone watch tonights card?
Started terribly, livened up a bit, Co main and fight before were brilliant then we head to the main event, Anthony 'the beast' ward vs some LW Argentinian.

Lmfao, Wtf kind of shit was that?
Dude was fighting someone half his bloody size.

Cya Frank.

They don't have shit. All the money is on one side

They don't have shit. All the money is on one side
As in espn/Frank don't have shit?

That card could have finished with a bang and had ward actually had some competition and test, it could have helped grow him into a star but going the Deontay route of padding up so horrendously, is just gonna go the same way as deontay in a sense of him having 0 following.

Fans just aren't as stupid as they once were.

As in espn/Frank don't have shit?

That card could have finished with a bang and had ward actually had some competition and test, it could have helped grow him into a star but going the Deontay route of padding up so horrendously, is just gonna go the same way as deontay in a sense of him having 0 following.

Fans just aren't as stupid as they once were.

Pretty much. DAZN is tossing too much money around and Arum got left behind. Should have listened to Todd. Frank is set in his ways always will be

Pretty much. DAZN is tossing too much money around and Arum got left behind. Should have listened to Todd. Frank is set in his ways always will be
Fair play to Ben Caps though, what a warrior... Instead of sitting on the knee, he bit down and came out swinging.
Silly stoppage imo.

Also, Wtf was that four round swing fight between Co main and main all about LOL!!?

Fair play to Ben Caps though, what a warrior... Instead of sitting on the knee, he bit down and came out swinging.
Silly stoppage imo.

Also, Wtf was that four round swing fight between Co main and main all about LOL!!?

Agreed.

Haha that was ridiculous

Anthony Yarde* not Ward

The guy obviously needs to step up soon and probably would've been better off with Hearn over Warren

Anthony Yarde* not Ward

The guy obviously needs to step up soon and probably would've been better off with Hearn over Warren
Lol, my bad, but you know what I meant...
Didn't even realise but is cos of talking to my mate at the same time as making this thread plus being in rage over the bullshit main event lol.

Ye, Warren is stuck in the dark ages.
Bring a fighter through by giving them a 25-0 25ko record so the casual thinks they are a monster.
Lol

Just watching it now. For anyone that hasn't seen it here is the full fight on youtube:

All 17 of his fights are basically identical tbh, seen one seen 'em all
Yup, then as I said previously -
They'll soon tout him as the biggest hitter the world's ever seen cos hes 25-0 with 25kos and is an absolute beast... The casuals won't know any better and will think he's crazy good.
Sound familiar?

Boxing records are ridiculous, always so fkin padded.

Yup, then as I said previously -
They'll soon tout him as the biggest hitter the world's ever seen cos hes 25-0 with 25kos and is an absolute beast... The casuals won't know any better and will think he's crazy good.
Sound familiar?

Boxing records are ridiculous, always so fkin padded.
Well not really padded, I mean its good for all the participants in the sport to get fights, and I like a guy who takes his time coming up the ranks.
It's also probably pretty cool for these journeymen and club fighters to fight potential legends and champions on their way up.
Good story for the kids even if you get your ass kicked, you can still say you got in the ring with him when he was 10-0 or whatever.

My uncle was a state champion and was a fight away from Holyfield in the amateurs or something.
He got screwed the fight before, but he always said he would've loved to get in there with Evander and slug it out.

Well not really padded, I mean its good for all the participants in the sport to get fights, and I like a guy who takes his time coming up the ranks.
It's also probably pretty cool for these journeymen and club fighters to fight potential legends and champions on their way up.
Good story for the kids even if you get your ass kicked, you can still say you got in the ring with him when he was 10-0 or whatever.

My uncle was a state champion and was a fight away from Holyfield in the amateurs or something.
He got screwed the fight before, but he always said he would've loved to get in there with Evander and slug it out.
Not really padded?

If you're putting someone into a fight against someone and the outcome is a full gone conclusion where its just about how he performs, getting rounds or adding knock outs to the record - then it's padding a record.
This shit could be done in the gym, not on a professional record.
It's glorified sparring matches.

Not really padded?

If you're putting someone into a fight against someone and the outcome is a full gone conclusion where its just about how he performs, getting rounds or adding knock outs to the record - then it's padding a record.
That could be said for Mayweather-Pacquiao then

Not really padded?

This shit could be done in the gym, not on a professional record.
It's glorified sparring matches.

Fighting in an arena on a specific date after making weight and in front of a crowd, and with an opponent who is trying to hurt you (even if they don't have the skills to do it) isn't the same as sparring. I think if you try and build the best fighter you can, you will end up putting your prospect in a lot of fights, especially early on in their career, where they are a significant favourite. But you do at least want them to be facing guys who can give them different looks and can challenge them and help them grow as fighters, such that when your prospect has the experience necessary to reach that top echelon, they're still fresh (e.g haven't been getting hurt during that experience-gathering phase) and have developed their skills and ring savvy enough now to hopefully see them through 50/50 fights.

But obviously there's the commercial dimension of padding a fighter's record, building them along so that they're a big name by the time you can get the big fights and you can make the most money off them in during the journey there. I think that's ultimately good for the sport until it's done excessively, and then you get to the point where you have a guy like Yarde fighting a series of no-hopers who all look identical to each other without ever having to showcase any new skills along the way. There just has to be a balance.

Fighting in an arena on a specific date after making weight and in front of a crowd, and with an opponent who is trying to hurt you (even if they don't have the skills to do it) isn't the same as sparring. I think if you try and build the best fighter you can, you will end up putting your prospect in a lot of fights, especially early on in their career, where they are a significant favourite. But you do at least want them to be facing guys who can give them different looks and can challenge them and help them grow as fighters, such that when your prospect has the experience necessary to reach that top echelon, they're still fresh (e.g haven't been getting hurt during that experience-gathering phase) and have developed their skills and ring savvy enough now to hopefully see them through 50/50 fights.

But obviously there's the commercial dimension of padding a fighter's record, building them along so that they're a big name by the time you can get the big fights and you can make the most money off them in during the journey there. I think that's ultimately good for the sport until it's done excessively, and then you get to the point where you have a guy like Yarde fighting a series of no-hopers who all look identical to each other without ever having to showcase any new skills along the way. There just has to be a balance.

You must be the only boxing fan in the whole fking world who would think its logical to defend whatever kind of ridiculous miss match last night was.

Have a nice evening, I can't talk to you much more, its late and your logic is lacking... Logic.

Back