Anthony Smith vs Volkan, LHW Implications

who you got

• Total voters
I could be wrong, but I don't see anything in Smith that tells me he can beat the elites of the division. He just slept two completely washed up fighters and now he's Rumble 2.0?

I think Volkan sleeps him quickly and brutally.
When will you nubs learn that its not about who you beat, its HOW you beat them.

Never seen Anthony fight, but Volkan got abused so badly by DC its hard to bet on him.
Jesus Christ what an absolute shit post, you casuals need to shut the fuck up and actually watch fights and post less on Sherdog

Smith has my vote. Dude is aggressive, tough, and fast. I'm excited for this one no doubt.

Smith wins
Volkan's run has not been impressive imo
KO'd a couple of chinny dudes in the clinch that got over aggressive and was gifted a split against OSP

Smith wins
Volkan's run has not been impressive imo
KO'd a couple of chinny dudes in the clinch that got over aggressive and was gifted a split against OSP
So he punishes people who are over aggressive? I mean, not to be that guy, but smith has been a very aggressive fighter so far, do you think this will cause some problems?

So he punishes people who are over aggressive? I mean, not to be that guy, but smith has been a very aggressive fighter so far, do you think this will cause some problems?
It's ok to be that guy, we are here for discussion

I'm not saying Oz doesn't stand a chance and maybe I am underestimating his craftiness in close

I think Smith does a good job of balancing his aggression, he's been the matador more than the bull recently I think he'll continue to be a counter fighter at 205 and his speed will give Oz problems.

It's ok to be that guy, we are here for discussion

I'm not saying Oz doesn't stand a chance and maybe I am underestimating his craftiness in close

I think Smith does a good job of balancing his aggression, he's been the matador more than the bull recently I think he'll continue to be a counter fighter at 205 and his speed will give Oz problems.
Haha cool man.

Yeah I agree, I think if smith keeps the range he has the advantage by a lot, but he could run into some trouble if he gets in close and makes it a dirty boxing match. He needs to keep his distance and pick his shots and not get into those prolonged exchanges (in my opinion)

Bumping this now that we’re a bit closer

I think Volkan has a substantial power advantage, but his cardio has always been suspect. He moves surprisingly fast to start with, but he falls off, whereas Smith has seemed to have better conditioning. I'm picking Volkan in this fight but Smith is a live dog for sure.

Never seen Anthony fight, but Volkan got abused so badly by DC its hard to bet on him.
Getting "abused" by DC isn't a bad thing. It happened to everyone except one man and we all know what he was on....

#PEDpotionbaby

I can see the winner of this fight getting the winner of Jones vs Gustafsson II.

The LHW division is so shallow.

I can see the winner of this fight getting the winner of Jones vs Gustafsson II.

The LHW division is so shallow.
I think that’s fair. We have been saying it’s shallow for awhile but if smith wins this we have rountree, smith, and Reyes all making runs in the division and looking good doing it so it might get less shallow pretty quick

I think that’s fair. We have been saying it’s shallow for awhile but if smith wins this we have rountree, smith, and Reyes all making runs in the division and looking good doing it so it might get less shallow pretty quick
True.

I was right you were wrong suck it

Back