Anthony smith verbally destroys Corey Anderson and Luke.

Kwic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
137_Anthony_Smith.0.jpg

LONG FUCKING READ without cliffs. TLDR - Title summary.

On Corey Anderson:

“As far as getting back to Jon and who I’m gonna fight, I think there’s me, Jan [Blachowicz], Corey Anderson, and Dominick Reyes,” Smith said. “One of them is gonna fight Jon, so I would take myself out of that. It probably won’t be me. So, when it comes down to Jan, Corey or Reyes, one of them is gonna fight Jon, one of them is gonna fight me when I come back, and the other one is gonna sit and either fight someone lower down or wait. So, I’ll fight one of those three guys, likely Corey Anderson. Wouldn’t mind knocking him out either.”

“He’s just mad. He’s just always talking sh*t,” Smith said. “He’s like trying to take a page out of Luke Rockhold’s book. I haven’t done anything to Corey expect for clean up his f*cking mess."

“They offered me a fight with Corey Anderson in Lincoln, Nebraska. He turned it down because he wasn’t ready. Then not long after that, I took a fight with Shogun, who they offered to him first and he turned it down, so then I took it because he wouldn’t. Then Glover Teixeira needed an opponent like a week later, and he takes that fight. So, he turns down me, he turns down Shogun, and then takes Glover because that’s a fight that in his head he feels he can win. He won’t take a fight with anybody that he’s not 100 percent sure he can beat. So, he goes in against a guy who’s known to be taken down and held there, and wins the fight and wants to talk sh*t like he’s the best in the world."

“Alright, fine. Whatever, not a big deal. Then I didn’t hear anything from Corey. So, because we’re in the god damn locker room and he’s feeling really god damn stupid because he knows that I know all that stuff, so he won’t even look at me. So, then they offer him the Gus fight after I fight Jon Jones, and he won’t take it. So, then I take it, and he tries to go back and say, ‘No, no, no, no, I’ll take it now, I’ll take it now’. I was like, it’s too late, I already signed it, you idiot. Here I am cleaning up your god damn mess again. Like, fine. So, from now on I hope they offer Corey Anderson the title shot, because it means I’ll probably end up with it.”

“Again, it’s another dude that I’ve never done anything to,” Smith said. “Like, he’s just mad because you’ve been in the division for how many years, and haven’t even sniffed a title shot, and then guys like me and Thiago and have three fights and get one. There’s a reason. It’s not because we sell anymore tickets than you, it’s not because we’re ‘better than you’. We just go out there and we put it on the line and we take fights when they’re offered."

“Like, I’m not saying be a company guy and suck Dana’s d*ck or anything, but be a god damn fighter. And if you have a style that’s kind of dependent on winning decisions, then just count on winning a hell lot more of them, cause that’s just how the game goes. No one wants to watch you f*cking dry hump someone’s leg for 15 minutes, unless they’re a big Jiu Jitsu fan. No one wants to see it. And I’m a Jiu Jitsu guy at heart, so I just don’t know what it is about me that rubs some of these guys the wrong way.”

“I think we can agree that I’m not the guy that goes out and picks fights,” Smith said. “Like, I don’t go out talking trash about people, cause I don’t give a shit. I’m doing my own shit. I’m in my own little hole here in Nebraska. I do my own little thing. I don’t even keep a pulse on any of that stuff. So, I just don’t know. And I know he looks at me like I’m an easy fight. And so did everyone else. So did Gustafsson, so did Jon Jones, so did Rashad [Evans], so did Shogun, so did [Volkan] Oezdemir. I just don’t understand why he thinks he’s any different.”

Boom. Roasted.

On Luke's last loss:

“Everything I said was true, and everything that he said wasn’t,” Smith said. “You know, he said I was a bum and that (Alexander) Gustafsson was gonna walk through me, and he said that I don’t deserve to be in this division, and he just moved up because bums like me could get title shots. It ain’t that (expletive) easy.”

“I don’t understand why people look at me and think, ‘Well, if he can do it, I can do it,'” Smith said. “It’s not like that. It’s not that easy. Like, Rockhold wouldn’t make it five seconds fighting the way that I fight. He doesn’t have the ability to do what I do. He doesn’t have the defensive skills. He doesn’t have the footwork, and he doesn’t have the heart. I mean, once he couldn’t take Blachowicz down, he looked like a coward. Like, he was broken, and he was gassed after two-and-a-half minutes.”

“It’s not that easy,” Smith said. “And I know that all these 185ers come up and are looking at me, and they’re looking at Thiago Santo, and they’re saying, ‘Well, if they can do it, I can do it.’ No you (expletive) can’t. We just had a perfect example of it, of a former champion, a guy who ran through several people at 185, move up and get starched by a bum – by his (Rockhold’s) words, that Blachowicz was a bum several times, he’s a nobody. So, like, I just don’t. I don’t understand how he continues being so god damn cocky, because every time he’s like this, it doesn’t work out, and he gets embarrassed. So, I don’t understand it. It doesn’t make any sense.”

“Had he won, I would have loved to have gotten that fight and been the one to do that, but at this point, it will take Luke Rockhold two-and-a-half years to get to me,” Smith said. “He’s gonna have to start at the bottom and work his way up. And I know that’s probably not something he’s willing to do, because his ego won’t allow it. His ego won’t allow him to break down the things that he’s doing wrong.

“I keep saying his chin is shot, and maybe it’s not his chin. I don’t know, maybe it’s just his inability to have any defensive god damn skills. But I just, I hope that he heals up OK, obviously. I hope that he’s all right, but maybe it is time Luke Rockhold steps away.”

“Luke Rockhold still remains someone that I would love to slap the (expletive) out of,” Smith said. “He’s just not a good dude. We know some mutual people, and I’ve heard nothing but awful things about him, and I’ve heard nothing but awful things about me come out of his mouth.”

And from another article :

“I would have loved to have been the guy that put Rockhold out like that, but I think it serves him right,” Smith told SiriusXM Fight Nation. “All the trash talk, all the ‘Anthony Smith is a bum, Gustafsson’s gonna roll over him and I’m gonna starch Jan,’ and just the disrespect and just looking right over Jan. I’ve been telling everybody that asks, Jan Blachowicz is the dark horse in the division. He’s one of the most dangerous dudes and part of it is because he’s so quiet. He keeps his mouth shut and he does his thing and he keeps on just walking through people. He does have the loss to Thiago but I think it’s safe to say that there’s nothing to blink your eyes at there.

“So it’s unfortunate that his jaw is broken. I don’t want anybody to get hurt but it is nice to, again, see Rockhold get it shoved right in his face. Every single time he’s trashed talked somebody and been too cocky and thought he was too good for everybody and that his sh*t doesn’t stink, he ends up being the one that looks stupid. So I’m glad that the MMA gods made sure that that kept happening.”

“Again, it’s unfortunate.” Smith said. “I don’t want anyone to get hurt but I think that all the embarrassment and the finger-pointing and the laughing that’s happening to him right now, I think he absolutely deserves it.”

Boom. Roasted.

Anthony is very good with words, that's for sure. And low key destroying people.
With that being said, he deserves criticism as well for being gun shy when fighting Jones after talking big game pre-fight how you cannot wait on Jon. He hates that he did that too, but still.

Sources:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/...-f-cking-dry-hump-someones-leg-for-15-minutes
https://mmajunkie.com/2019/07/antho...ufc-239-knockout-loss-he-looked-like-a-coward
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/7/...lds-ko-loss-i-think-he-absolutely-deserves-it

Last edited:
That definitely could have been shortened down but its whatever

Smith is smoking these guys verbally. Maybe not always physically but then again he's beaten Volkan, Shogun, and Gus. Probably one of the best resumes of the top contenders right now

You wouldn't know how thoughtful and introspective Anthony is at a glance.

Dude is one of the more enjoyable reads/listens in prizefighting

His Volkan win is looking good in hindsight, and beating Gus is a great win. Underrated dude at 205.

His performance vs Jones was pathetic. If I were him, I'd be keeping a very low profile

Anthony speaking the truth again. He's a down to earth and honest guy,l and has been doing well for himself

His performance vs Jones was pathetic. If I were him, I'd be keeping a very low profile
If you were him, than he'd be you and Smith would probably would rather have a shitty performance vs Jones than a mouthful of cocks.

Probably because Smith is in the top 5 and Walker isn't in the top 10.

edit: i was looking at the HW rankings for some reason Walker is #12 at LHW..

and could easily crack the top 5 with two more good wins

Can you bold the juicier bits next time my mans?

5S4RfCR.png

Last edited:
Not interested in what Lyin’ Fart has to say after his performance in the jones fight. Not interested in him being anywhere near a title shot either.

Back