Media Anthony Smith on Jones & Khabib GOAT Debate "I don’t understand why he was so upset"

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MMA Crazy TV, Nov 9, 2020.

1. MMA Crazy TV Brown Belt

2. Kwic Red Belt

Yup. People, especially Jones, mixing those terms up.

3. Zebra Cheeks 2Cheeks Staff Member Senior Moderator

Anthony smith always feel the need to chime in when it comes to Jon jones. Never understood why.

4. Raffen Banned Banned

Its those kawa weirdos trying to get their client to steal khabibs thunder. Really i doubt jones gives a shit.

5. Sopapo Green Belt

Exactly

6. Colin Better than you

Probably because he gets asked, or on his show talks about MMA?

7. PizzaandBeer Yellow Card Yellow Card

Because he would have beaten Jones if he wasn’t an idiot and stayed down after that knee

Snake_bite and Yagadot like this.
  8. crysis Purple Belt

personally i think if your name is even listed in a goat or p4p list you should be thankful.

In terms of ranking from #1, #2, #3, etc....honestly doesn't matter much at all as everyone has there own opinions on how they would rank the competitors.

There is a difference between being a p4p or goat, and Anthony Smith is pretty much correct on major difference.

P4P would likely go to the competitor who is currently dominating the sport and division....this is kahbib, which is why he takes #1 spot.

Goat would likely go to the competitor who has done or accomplished more, dominating the division as well but with the added list of title defenses. Even though Jones has been winning his fights, the last few he hasn't really dominated his opponents. Due to his defenses that puts him ahead of kahbib in goat list, but in the p4p list jones is behind kahbib because if you take the last few fights of both it's kahbib who's been more impressive and seems invincible.

At the end of the day Jones or any other fighters shouldn't even care where they are in the p4p or goat rankings, they are based on opinions by the ufc....just because they rank kahbib as #1 p4p doesn't mean it's set in stone, or official....it's just another opinion like the rest of us have.

Most times the ufc ranking system is right off and doesn't make any sense....I don't care if your undefeated, if you have very few losses and have a shit ton of consecutive successful title defenses in my opinion that puts you ahead in any p4p or goat ranking list. Again this is my opinion and based on the ufc's methods, they would have conor in there and he has shit for title defenses.

Honestly jones shouldn't be crying over a stupid list, who gives a shit....if he cares about it that bad then get back in the octagon and prove why you should be #1 p4p and #1 goat.

9. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

Zebra Cheeks my man you're better than this!

He was asked in an interview

WaTaRu and Portland8242 like this.
  10. Zebra Cheeks 2Cheeks Staff Member Senior Moderator

Doesn’t change the fact the it comes up everytime Jon does anything. I’m not insinuating anything, just making an observation. Jon has a close fight? Anthony talks about Jon. Jon has issues out of the cage? Anthony talks about Jon. Jon moves up? Anthony talks about Jon. Their paths are getting further and further away.

11. Post 2 Decision Gold Belt

Next time he's asked in an interview should he refuse to answer questions about Jones? That would be even weirder

12. TheJohnnyWalkerEra Black Belt

Smith is right

Jones has no argument at all in p4p. He eeked out some decisions that many people thought he lost while Khabib took people's souls

Khabib has been much more dominant against better competition

SamboPunch and Kingofthestreets like this.
  13. axe wound Edward Woodward would wood the whole holy hole

he's pretty much on point here

Kingofthestreets likes this.
  14. ejlarson249 Green Belt

I know right! Reporter directly asks him about Jon, and he has the nuts to respond to her without asking your permission. What a trash human.

15. ejlarson249 Green Belt

Oh, even better. You are a "moderator" here. I would have thought maybe you would watch the video linked before you respond and look like a goof. Lol. Big oof.

16. scgst4 White Belt

Not a bad take by Smith-although I would have respected it more if at the 1:10 mark he would have said "....people think T. Santos, D. Reyes beat him and no one in their right mind thinks I beat him"

17. po_thead Red Belt

Insecurity mostly

18. Billthebutcher Butcher Belt

smith needs to be quiet. he coulda been champ, but declined.

19. is a Click the image but nothing really happens.

Probably because Jones got insulted that someone actually surpassed him as the best fighter based on skills (p4p) despite him not having as many qualifications to do so as Jones does.

Plus Khabib got paid way more for his fights than Jones ever did during any of his title fights so from Jones' perspective, it's not really fair to him that Khabib gets rewarded more for less work in/out of the ring.