Anthony Smith moves above Santos and Reyes in the ranks

A bit undeserved beating low opposition to leap guys fighting at the top.
But they might be doing it to set up Rakic vs Smith 2 with more heat as #3 vs #4.

If Santos doesn't jump back into 4th with a win over walker it be some real bs.

In any case <WhatItIs>

smith can take a punch better than reyes and has the power to pressure him and the ground to submit him he in fact already beat a bigger better and stronger reyes in gus
C'mon man that was the shadow of Gus.

Reyes has incredible TDD. If Jones can't take him down Smith isn't going to. So it would be a standup fight where Reyes has the size, power and technical advantages. Smith might be more durable but it's not like Reyes has a glass chin. I like Smith but he's being overrated due to recency bias whereas Reyes is being underrated. Reyes is clearly the better stand up fighter and has great TDD to keep it on the feet.

I personally think UFC vs Bellator divisional talk is whatever because it's totally subjective and hard to quantify. UFC's roster is so much bigger of course they're going to have more depth, but the fact every time 205 gets brought up in general this inevitably comes up is a win for the Bellator LHW division.

I'm also a fan of Anthony Smith and think he deserves a lot of respect. I've enjoyed watching his fights for years and if someone ever said he isn't a much better fighter then he was 5 let alone 10 years ago they would be very disingenuous. The guy can go, but when he loses he loses badly whether that's getting finished or badly on the scorecards. Anthony Smith very seldom goes to a split decision, and that tends to make for an interesting fighter.

C'mon man that was the shadow of Gus.

Reyes has incredible TDD. If Jones can't take him down Smith isn't going to. So it would be a standup fight where Reyes has the size, power and technical advantages. Smith might be more durable but it's not like Reyes has a glass chin. I like Smith but he's being overrated due to recency bias whereas Reyes is being underrated. Reyes is clearly the better stand up fighter and has great TDD to keep it on the feet.
well first of all smith didn t take gus he just tripped him when gus was trying to send him to the flour lot of people forgot that just like in the reyes figth jones wasn t able to take down gus either or at least not more than once to the 2 he did reyes also reyes s power is clearly overrated i had never seen him ko enyone stiff not even the glass jaw of weidman and neither jiri jan volkan or jones respected his power where as smith was pushing the pase for most of the volkan and gus figths power is probably about on par Dom is the better boxer tougth but Smith is clearly the most complete figther

Nemkov, Davis and Bader, all three would be the LHW champ if they were in the UFC. Just sherdog has a bias ... Just like how MM was ranked 1st, lost to Henry then the moment he signed with One FC he got dropped from the ranking...
Nemkov would have a shot at the top with Jan and Jiri, yes.

Davis is in the next tier of guys.

Bader gets absolutely murdered by them all.

UFC LHW division is trash

<PlusJuan>

Someone logical

Bader??
{<jordan}
Who does the UFC have at LHW really... are you a blind marketing victim or some? Do you realize how weak the UFC LHW is...? Or you just see the UFC banner and think they the best...?

That’s just your opinion about nemkov, davis and bader. But it’s a silly blanket statement. I don’t agree with you and they would lose to guys in the ufc top 10, especially davis and bader. There’s nothing to suggest they are a tier above the best ufc guys. You obviously have a bias.
Romero had a competitive fight against Rob and Costa... Then get completly dominated by davis but hey. whatever...

Romero had a competitive fight against Rob and Costa... Then get completly dominated by davis but hey. whatever...
He lost to both rob and costa 2 and 3 years ago and is now 44 and those are MW’s (so is yoel). But hey, whatever. And he didn’t get dominated by davis. He lost and didn’t look good up a weight class that he’s prob not built for. Not sure what you want me to say - beating yoel today proves you’re an elite lhw above ufc lhw’s?

Who does the UFC have at LHW really... are you a blind marketing victim or some? Do you realize how weak the UFC LHW is...? Or you just see the UFC banner and think they the best...?

Huh? What are you talking about? I just think Bader is overrated. I’ve seen him get embarrassed too many times.

They have:
Jan
Jiri
Rakic
Ankalaev
Glover
Reyes
Smith
Santos
Gus

It’s a much better division than bellator overall, and I’d take the UFC’s lhw’s at the top too. Would love to see nemkov in that mix though. Literally everyone in the top 15 in the ufc would be top 10 in bellator.

Lhw is actually an exciting, underrated division right now.

They have:
Jan
Jiri
Rakic
Ankalaev
Glover
Reyes
Smith
Santos
Gus

It’s a much better division than bellator overall, and I’d take the UFC’s lhw’s at the top too. Would love to see nemkov in that mix though. Literally everyone in the top 15 in the ufc would be top 10 in bellator.

Lhw is actually an exciting, underrated division right now.
jiri and jan are the only good ones the rest are either washed up or overrated and you leave volkan out btw

jiri and jan are the only good ones the rest are either washed up or overrated and you leave volkan out btw
He left Volkan on purpose because he's a Bellator reject

I wouldn't mind seeing Smith fight Reyes, honestly.

Back