Anthony Smith moves above Santos and Reyes in the ranks

Nemkov, Davis and Bader, all three would be the LHW champ if they were in the UFC. Just sherdog has a bias ... Just like how MM was ranked 1st, lost to Henry then the moment he signed with One FC he got dropped from the ranking...
That’s just your opinion about nemkov, davis and bader. But it’s a silly blanket statement. I don’t agree with you and they would lose to guys in the ufc top 10, especially davis and bader. There’s nothing to suggest they are a tier above the best ufc guys. You obviously have a bias.

Why would Santos and reyes be ranked above him?
Santos has a win over the current champ, a split decision with Jones and beat Smith directly, but he also has 9 losses including all of his last 3. Then again, Smith has way more losses and I don't know if he has any wins in the current top 10, so the rankings aren't anything other than ballparking.

Good for Smith, seems like a genuine guy and I’m glad that he’s on a nice little streak. That being said, this just tells us how poor the LHW division is right now. Some delusional people on Sherdog seem to think LHW is made up of killers, but most of them would be in the lower top 10 just a couple of years back.

Take Jan as an example - reigning champ but was lower top 10 for years before everyone started leaving the division. He’s a very good fighter and turned prime Gus into a wrestler, but he’s only the champ because of better fighters retiring. Will likely also lose to old man Glover.

And then we have Jiri, the second coming? Also a very good fighter but who has he beaten? Reyes, the guy who put on a good fight against a terrible Jones but has since then looked terrible? Volkan is a good win, nothing more, nothing less. And that’s it. This is the guy who is supposed to beat prime Jones/Rumble/DC/Gus? He has a lot to prove before you can make such a claim.

Bellator’s LHW division which is made up of mid tier UFC rejects, would dominate the current UFC LHW division.

Smiths been pretty mouthy lately, looking forward to seeing his teeth get knocked out when he faces someone of his own abilities again.

i heard him saying he couldve been a surgeon by now... well you could also be working at burger king by now too.

I'm not going to trash Smith. Good for him. He's come a long way from beating up geriatric Shogun and Rashad. He gets my respect.

But you can't tell me Smith being #4 doesn't tell you how bad the UFC's 205 division is. Where do you think Smith would be ranked in Bellator's LHW division (and let's pretend rumble hasn't re-retired)?
he d said he d be back next year tough

Should we pretend rumble should be ranked ahead of smith?

Based on recent record and performances smith would be top 5 in bellator too.

It doesn’t tell you that much about the UFC’s 205 division. Smith hasn’t beaten anyone else in the top 10 except volkan. The UFC’s LHW division is just much deeper than bellator’s. More matchups that make sense.
well rumble stiffed glover who beat the piss out of santos and smith and may go to beat jan next who santos also beat btw and smith beat volkan who beat rakic so

Fair enough but Reyes beats Smith easily unless he lost his soul.
smith can take a punch better than reyes and has the power to pressure him and the ground to submit him he in fact already beat a bigger better and stronger reyes in gus

well rumble stiffed glover who beat the piss out of santos and smith and may go to beat jan next who santos also beat btw and smith beat volkan who beat rakic so
Rumble is retired and has 1 win in 5 years. If the reason for bellator being better than the ufc is a retired guy who many never fight again who has 1 win in 5 years against a no-name fighter then that’s not much of an argument…is it?

Santos has a win over the current champ, a split decision with Jones and beat Smith directly, but he also has 9 losses including all of his last 3. Then again, Smith has way more losses and I don't know if he has any wins in the current top 10, so the rankings aren't anything other than ballparking.
fair enough but smith has way less losses in the UFC than santos

Poor Reyes almost died in his last two fights... The man should start thinking about a different career.

I'm not going to trash Smith. Good for him. He's come a long way from beating up geriatric Shogun and Rashad. He gets my respect.

But you can't tell me Smith being #4 doesn't tell you how bad the UFC's 205 division is. Where do you think Smith would be ranked in Bellator's LHW division (and let's pretend rumble hasn't re-retired)?
I'd take smith over everyone but nemkov and maybe bader

Good on him but Reyes and Santos have fought some tough competition. I think Reyes beats Smith and Santos will at least give him a run for his money.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Smith beat both of those guys at this point.

They look worse than him.

If I were Phil Davis now would be the perfect time to come back to the UFC. Assuming they were willing.

Mr. Wonderful is not electrifying, but I can’t help rooting for the guy.

Would LOVE to see him make a UFC run.

First though…. Glover gonna submit the champ and turn around 3 months later and submit Jiri.

Dana will be so flustered he will even pay Davis go get Glover out of there….. But just as Phil signs with the UFC, Glover retires and walks into the sunset as Champion.

You heard it here first :)

Makes sense Reyes just been brutally KO in last two fights and Santos hasnt fought in a bit.

Back