Media Anthony Smith "Francis Ngannou is one of the easier fights for Jon Jones"

Lmao Ngannou has only been taken down by Stipe and Blaydes and suddenly he has bad take down defense.

YDKSAMMA

People still don't give enough credit to how good Stipe is. He's the best fighter on the planet, period.

LOL the fact that you think that Stipe is the “best fighter on the planet” despite him getting knocked out cold by guys like Struve and 5’8 DC tells me everything I need to know.

You have no idea what you’re watching lol. Who’s tried to take down Ngannou? Black Beast? rozenstruik? Lol stop

Facts. Ngannou is in his mid 40s and the steroids won't give him technique. Steep, Jon and Adesanya all tool him

i think Jones definitely has an avenue to beat Ngannou. but it's not in grappling him, at least not right off the bat. his best bet is to break Ngannou's base with low kicks, using angles to keep Ngannou turning and let Big Frank punch himself out. after that he'll be much more easier to deal with.

trying to grapple Ngannou in the 1st rd without even attempting to strike with him is a death sentence.

Ngannou would have a puncher's chance in the first or second round by flailing his arms in the air like he usually does, but if he can't get a quick lucky KO jones would school him so bad that he would look like a bum.

It's just facts. But that's a very fun fight because there's a (small) chance that jones get's KTFO'd.

LOL the fact that you think that Stipe is the “best fighter on the planet” despite him getting knocked out cold by guys like Struve and 5’8 DC tells me everything I need to know.

You have no idea what you’re watching lol. Who’s tried to take down Ngannou? Black Beast? rozenstruik? Lol stop

No one except maybe Francis is going to be the betting favorite against Stipe.

Yeah it's Francis fault he KO's everybody too soon. Moronic hater shit.

You're such a bandwagon jumper so you're probably going to jump on his dick when he beats Stipe.

Yeah I like Lionheart as a person, from what I can see, but man, this guy is off as a fighter and he doesn't seem to understand match ups.

That's just crazy talk for all the reasons you just said. Francis is so big and strong I don't think Jones can hold him down at all. And standing he literally CANNOT hurt Francis unless he catches him cleanly as he's coming in. And Francis' punches are NOTHING like what Jones has felt in any of his fights. And Francis is long.....

Basically everything you just said. Such a crazy take. This is a classic case of "the guy I lost to is also able to beat anybody" syndrome.
I heard people saying that Khabib will be Justin's easiest fight in years, some people dont understand how fighting works.

I heard people saying that Khabib will be Justin's easiest fight in years, some people dont understand how fighting works.
I expected Khabib to have trouble with the leg kicks for sure (and, given more time, he would have) but the guy HAD to be the favourite coming in. C'mon son.....

I guess in a landscape where we have Schaub on one side thinking Conor is the best boxer in the world, the above level of misapprehension is not as bad as it first sounds?

As Chronixx says "Who knows?"

Well, he is right
Great cardio & great chin vs guy with no cardio & no wrestling
Still, I don't understand why Jones doesn't fight him

He’s right. Every time I see some fanboy drooling over Ngannou it makes me dizzy. We’ve seen fifty Ngannous before. He can win any fight with one punch? Ooooh welcome to heavyweight. Try grappling for ten minutes without needing a respirator and I’ll be more interested.
Eeeh not really, he has ko'ed pretty much every hw lol.
His striking is ugly and unrefined af but the guy's got stupid power

Reyes and Santos are much more fundamentally sound than Ngannou, they also have far better takedown defense and most of all: actually have CARDIO.
Lol @ Santos having better TDD than Ngannou

Blaydes would maul Reyes and Santos with one arm tied behind his back

Props to Anthony Smith

I’ve always said this but Sherbots who don’t train and have recency bias can’t get past Ngannous meaningless KO’s over stationary out of shape HW’s to see the MASSIVE grappling advantage Jones holds over Ngannou.

Ngannou constantly punches himself off balance, has terrible form, and doesn’t even know how to work the most basic guard. Bones would go through him.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

Bones has good defense but he also gets tagged a lot

One punch will end his night, big Frank don't play

Jones rolls with the punches so well.. Compare the GIFS on Page 1 of Francis being absolutely taken by surprise in those Stipe shots, and Jones moving his head a split second before the impact of said punch... Subtle but major difference here.

i think Jones definitely has an avenue to beat Ngannou. but it's not in grappling him, at least not right off the bat. his best bet is to break Ngannou's base with low kicks, using angles to keep Ngannou turning and let Big Frank punch himself out. after that he'll be much more easier to deal with.

trying to grapple Ngannou in the 1st rd without even attempting to strike with him is a death sentence.

Not a bad game plan. But Jon gets hit when ppl blitz him and he rolls with the shots well, sure. But the way Ngannou blitzes, Jon better NOT get hit with those wild ass crazy shots.

It could go Jon's way sure. But easy fight? If Jon was a guy who didn't get hit I'd say yes. But getting hit by Ngannou is NEVER a good idea.

Jones rolls with the punches so well.. Compare the GIFS on Page 1 of Francis being absolutely taken by surprise in those Stipe shots, and Jones moving his head a split second before the impact of said punch... Subtle but major difference here.
True, but we've seen Jon stumbled by shots from way lesser hitters. I say he better not be doing that getting hit and rolling with it stuff with Ngannou too much. Esp since Ngannou blitzes with a wild series of shots so you roll with that first one and he's coming IN with 3 or 4 more. Good luck rolling with all of them....

Jones had trouble when fighting guys his own height and got hit a lot. The first of them being Gus 1. Ngannou is not only taller, but he nearly matches Jones' freak reach.

Not only that, when clean, Jones is more reluctant and safe. That would not help against Ngannou. Stipe actually traded with him and landed heavy shots. And let's not remember that Stipe is one of the best KO artists in HW history. Ngannou would show absolutely 0 respect for Jones' KO power.

For me Ngannou is a horror match for Jones, especially if rushed. We don't even know what kind of power Jones will carry at HW, how good his chin will hold up, how good his cardio will be. I'm pretty sure that if Jones ever fights at HW, he'll start with a top 5-10 fighter. Ngannou as a debut will probably be way, way too much.

Props to Anthony Smith

I’ve always said this but Sherbots who don’t train and have recency bias can’t get past Ngannous meaningless KO’s over stationary out of shape HW’s to see the MASSIVE grappling advantage Jones holds over Ngannou.

Ngannou constantly punches himself off balance, has terrible form, and doesn’t even know how to work the most basic guard. Bones would go through him.

<JonesDXSuckIt>
How does Jones get him to the ground though? He can barely takedown MW's these days.

Fact is if Jones was so confident about the fight, he wouldn't have priced himself out at 30 Mil.

Last edited:
Surprised he’s not doing this interview in his blue suit.

True, but we've seen Jon stumbled by shots from way lesser hitters. I say he better not be doing that getting hit and rolling with it stuff with Ngannou too much. Esp since Ngannou blitzes with a wild series of shots so you roll with that first one and he's coming IN with 3 or 4 more. Good luck rolling with all of them....

Stumbled, got any examples? I think he's taken or reacted to most of the big shots he's taken ridiculously well.. I've never seen him rocked and i've seen him take some big punches, though granted Francis is next level to what he has faced in this regard, and only needs a glancing shot to rock most people..

It's a good point, I just can't see anyone moving in with a wild 4 punch combo on Jones and him not defending very well, either movement, rolling the shots, partial blocks, dudes defence game is stacked.. I think Jones has too much experience to just stand and get 4 shotted without a takedown, serious head movement or some other crafty means of defending/countering.

Back