Anthony Smith Considered Finger Amputation After Last UFC Bout

CBohl

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
According to the former title challenger, he was ready to amputate his left index finger following a victory against Alexander Gustafsson at UFC Stockholm on June 1. Due to a build up of scar tissue, he was unable to close his left hand following that contest.

"We were going to amputate my pointer finger, because all the scar tissue was grabbing onto the ligament and not allowing it to close and slide back and forth," Smith told ESPN. "So the idea was if we amputated the finger and screwed those ligaments to that bone after it healed, then I could use the other three fingers and my thumb to grapple. And there would still technically be a knuckle there so I can still punch.”

While Smith had made peace with the possibility of losing a finger, those around him — including family and UFC officials — wanted him to look into other options. Eventually, he was able to work with a physical therapist to treat the scar tissue in his hand and restore some level of movement. The therapist used electricity to tear through the scar tissue, allowing Smith to close his hand.

"Once we tore through all the scar tissue that first time, then we just did that every single day until I was able to get the movement back in it, and now it's good," he said. "I've probably been able to close it for probably two months.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/A...-Finger-Amputation-After-Last-UFC-Bout-169639

What a savage.
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

It's clear that he never possessed the IQ to beat Jones

Damn, that's a true warrior mentality right there <RomeroSalute>

Could’ve made it into a pendant.

It's clear that he never possessed the IQ to beat Jones
He just had to stay sat down from the grounded head shot and his entire life would change. I wouldn't usually recommend such shithousery, but vs Jones he should have done.

Hes really not that smart

Yet he still won't take a risky fight.

So dramatic. “Just cut it off bro fuck it”. That sounds like a joke.

Ways to go until MMA fighters become A-Level...

4dcd20aacadcbbe261230000

4dcd20aacadcbbe261230000

Well that would be like cutting it off mid-fight in between rounds.

Basically if Jones made it to the corner after that toe injury and just had them amputate it. That would be Ronnie Lott level

(except a toe is more important so let's pretend it was Jones' pinky)

Always some kind of weird stuff going on with Smith

Haha... same thing popped into my mind, years ahead of his time like LT is to LB’s of today... Ronnie is the prototype to the modern NFL Safety, and was an all around savage on the field, old school toughness and probably could have played both ways. I’m a lifelong NYG fan, but always disliked, but absolutely appreciated the 49ers teams back from the 80’s, a collection of ATG’s Lott, Montana, Rice, Craig, Clark, ect...

4dcd20aacadcbbe261230000

I think Smith should consider amputating his one red suit and going to Penny's and buying like 5 new ones that he's never wore before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back