Anthony Pettis would beat Matt Brown

Who knows. A lot of the technical analysis goes out the window when you add 15lbs or whatever their actual weight difference is.

We'll no shit. He is obviously the smaller guy. But he is a lot faster and quicker with his strikes than Brown. He is a much better striker. Some of the best footwork in the sport.

Brown wouldn't be able to touch him.

Matt is incredibly vulnerable to body shots and Pettis would destroy him.

Erick Silva was a lot faster and more athletic than Brown, too. I don't think it'd be as simple as you say.

A sloppy brawler with a glass body incessantly marching forwards towards a highly proficient striker who is specialized in body kicks.

It would be over quickly.

That's what Silva thought....Silva said he worked on those body kicks in training....Brown sucked it up & U seen what happened....I believe with Matt's superior size & strength he could beat Pettis...:icon_chee

this is the first time i've heard the term "glass body"...

i guess that was someone's invention from saturday night?

Come on TS, you actually thought Brown would stand a chance against Pettis? Pettis would finish him and win POTN and TKO of the night

lol Glass body....classic. Could an undersized Pettis beat Brown? Maybe, I wouldn't bet on it. Would Pettis be the same after moving up? Who knows.

Right a lw who was gonna cut to fw for a title shot beats a ww with size/reach/ height advantages..........
Right mr. Glass, who gets injured every other fight is gonna beat arguably the most durable guy on the roster....
Right a guy whose faced a total of TWO legitimate strikers(cerrone and stephans....although I don't think pettis's ben askren performance against jeremy whose now a FEATHERWEIGHT should mean much) is gonna beat the guy who KNOCKED OUT strikers-wilks/swick/mein/silva ....and comfortably beat strikers-thompson/howard

Right.........

Not sold on brown, BUT
Brown vs pettis- brown via bullying/size,strength advantage/durability/heavier hands(cupla ko's at a LIGHTER weightclass doesn't mean shit).....brown beats him up inside of 3rds

Pettis kicks cerrone(who NEVERMIND the fact has a documented history of underperforming in high pressure fights) and all of the sudden he's capable of ko'ing everyone?!.............yeah ok, curious to see what the excuses will be when melendez beats him up inside of 4rds

Does anyone disagree?

If you think Matt Brown would win, then how?

Let me guess....Pettis would beat him because Brown can't take body shots and Pettis kicks to the body like a mule???

I've seen many comments about how future opponents should concentrate on body shots to beat Matt after this last fight.....and its sad. He got caught with a shot that would have finished most guys and it didn't.....he's a tough SOB.

On that note.....I haven't seen the medical suspensions from this card....Did Brown end up with a cracked rib (or any injuries) from this fight?

Can anyone guess who is the next good fighter with a large fan base that has unrealistic expectations of their favorite fighter?

anyone?

A sloppy brawler with a glass body incessantly marching forwards towards a highly proficient striker who is specialized in body kicks.

It would be over quickly.

haha lets see how well you take a liver shot

I agree, and i'd like to take this moment to make another bold prediction. Cain V will beat roy nelson.

futuristic-glass-body-car-6.jpg

Back