Anthony Pettis would beat Matt Brown

Its threads like this that really open your eyes into how little some people on this forum actually know about the sport.

Love Pettis. But he has NO CHANCE. He is a small 155er. If you think he has a chance, you are a fool.

kinda foolish to think a quick accurate striker with good grappling couldnt beat someone slower, not as good at striking, not a strong wrestler and only slightly bigger. What are their walk around weights?

Anthony could win a decision i think and possibly even get a ko

The glass body stuff is getting ridiculous :D

Which fighter is able to eat 2 flush liver kicks or punches?
Do people know that even the toughest fighters with the best chins can get dropped by bodyshots.
They were also 2 full power shots from a very explosive striker.

I'm not convinced that Anthony Pettis throws a harder body kick than Erick Silva, so I'm not sure that this is a foregone conclusion.

Unless Pettis gets him out quick, I think Brown would win.

brock lesnar would beat matt brown.

even if its true, who cares? the fight will never happen

Did you know that Jon Jones could beat Matt Brown?

I'm not convinced that Anthony Pettis throws a harder body kick than Erick Silva, so I'm not sure that this is a foregone conclusion.

Unless Pettis gets him out quick, I think Brown would win.

i do think with footwork and pettis' takedown defense, pettis could pick him apart for 3-5 rounds

pettis is more than capable of winning, of course matt brown is a gritty bastard and he just seems to break the laws of what we know about mma (i always have him losing yet he wins). Matt Brown is the kinda guy who will beat the shit out of a better fighter than him. It's amazing and I'm a fan.

Brown wins by tko

Is it because Brown has a 'glass body' or whatever the fuck people have been spouting here?

Ya, def strange logic. The guy gets hit with two nice body shots, winces, and fights it off, now he has a "glass body" and is helpless against lightweights who can throw kicks

i do think with footwork and pettis' takedown defense, pettis could pick him apart for 3-5 rounds

I think Brown would be in his face for all 25 and forcing Pettis to backpeddle. I think he'd beat him up in the clinch and wear him down.

It would be a fun as fuck fight though, both guys could win.

You are a moron, you say this because Brown was hurt by legs kicks, Brown has huge power and wrestling as a WW, there's no way Pettis could deal with the size difference. He would get tagged, TD and beaten

I think Matt would keep him pressed up against the fence and elbow him in the face. Pettis could win, yeah, but I don't think it would be as easy as some of you seem to think. Brown hasn't actually been finished by body shots yet, he fights on while hurt to the body better than anybody I can think of. Triangled Mein mere seconds after Mein was wailing away at his liver.

I think Brown would be in his face for all 25 and forcing Pettis to backpeddle. I think he'd beat him up in the clinch and wear him down.

It would be a fun as fuck fight though, both guys could win.

yeah that's the big question, could Pettis channel his inner Dominic Cruz and avoid the pressure?? id love to find out.

I think Matt would keep him pressed up against the fence and elbow him in the face. Pettis could win, yeah, but I don't think it would be as easy as some of you seem to think. Brown hasn't actually been finished by body shots yet, he fights on while hurt to the body better than anybody I can think of. Triangled Mein mere seconds after Mein was wailing away at his liver.

Right, Matt recovers very nicely from getting hurt to the body, and it doesn't slow him down one bit.

Its threads like this that really open your eyes into how little some people on this forum actually know about the sport.

Love Pettis. But he has NO CHANCE. He is a small 155er. If you think he has a chance, you are a fool.
We'll no shit. He is obviously the smaller guy. But he is a lot faster and quicker with his strikes than Brown. He is a much better striker. Some of the best footwork in the sport.

Brown wouldn't be able to touch him.

Matt is incredibly vulnerable to body shots and Pettis would destroy him.

Back