Anthony Pettis submission grappling

MousasiMMA

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Hi everyone, Anthony is one of my favorite fighters and I was wondering if he goes to BJJ or submission grappling competitions, I know some UFC fighters do it, like Ben Henderson and I believe some UFC fighters have been in Metamoris events. I found two submission grappling matches of Anthony and added them to is wikipedia page. Anyone knows of any other?

A quality thread with a purpose goes unnoticed amidst all the BS

I personally can't help you dude, sorry, but at least I'll bump it ttt

A quality thread with a purpose goes unnoticed amidst all the BS

I personally can't help you dude, sorry, but at least I'll bump it ttt

Thanks man, I don't even know if he has had more than the two I posted on wiki, but someone could know.

Hi everyone, Anthony is one of my favorite fighters and I was wondering if he goes to BJJ or submission grappling competitions, I know some UFC fighters do it, like Ben Henderson and I believe some UFC fighters have been in Metamoris events. I found two submission grappling matches of Anthony and added them to is wikipedia page. Anyone knows of any other?

I don't think he did, but I don't follow him that close.
But IMHO it wouldn't be good for him.
He is a great grappler, but that's because people do not expect this from him in the cage (they are more afraid of his kicks).

But on a competition he can't hit people, I don't know how effective he would be. I'd love to see him in Metamoris though!

He used to compete locally in the Milwaukee area when he was developing on the ground. I don't think he does it anymore because he doesn't need it for that purpose as much and he doesn't want people without his best interests in mind trying to hurt him outside of million dollar MMA matches. He never pursued it on any real high level.

Whoopsy Daisy

[YT]FMxDw4Vj6kg[/YT]

Thanks man, that was one of the matches I put on his wiki, that and an absolute division match. I searched it and didn't find anymore grappling matches, but hey someone could know. :icon_chee

Wish there were more videos of him grappling. When MMA fighters are able to focus on only one discipline, it is really incredible how good they are.

Anthony has ridiculous hips. That dude overachieves at everything he does.

He is entertaining and skilled in both mma and grappling. Wanna see more

He used to do local grappling tournaments but I don't think he competes in them anymore. Too much risk for injury.

He has good explosion when applying the sub. But on a grappling only standpoint, I think a lot of fighters will school him. Gilbert, Penn, RDA are levels above him on grappling. Probably the reason why he's an MMArtist and not a strictly Jiu Jitsu practitioner. And his striking is above anyone at LW too. probably #1 in UFC in striking.

Back