Anthony Pettis promoted to Brown Belt

CinemaKingdom

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
He was promoted to purple belt after submitting Benson Henderson (almost 1.5 years ago) but apparently he was promoted to brown belt after subbing Gilbert Melendez according to his Wiki profile. I hadn't heard anyone talking about this like they did when he was promoted to purple.

He's approaching GOAT status now.

He was the first person to submit Gilbert he certainly deserves it.
Anthony%2BPettis%2BSubmits%2BGilbert%2BMelendez%2Bby%2BGuillotine%2BChocke%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

I've only ever heard of his gold belt, goo to know though.

Pettis and I got our purple belts on the same day. Unfortunately he easily beat me to brown

A little info about his coach if anyone is interested (from BJJ Heroes):

Daniel Correia, commonly known as Daniel “Moraes” is a former Brazilian Jiu Jitsu World Champion who earned his black belt rank training with Royler Gracie, Moraes also became one of the head coaches at the Relson Gracie academy. In his competitive career, Daniel Moraes earned over 350 wins in between BJJ and Grappling tournaments.

Pettis and I got our purple belts on the same day. Unfortunately he easily beat me to brown

Nice, he did have a quick transition but subbing the guys he did he deserves it! Congrats on your purple belt.

Back