Anthony Pettis' last five wins and losses (mostly upper tier elites)

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Last five losses:
  1. Nate Diaz, UD at WW
  2. Tony Ferguson, TKO
  3. Dustin Poirier, TKO, (after the ref stood the fight up when Pettis had a locked triangle)
  4. Max Holloway, TKO,
  5. Edson Barboza, UD

Not the worst list in the world of names to lose to.

Here are his last five wins:

Stephen Thomson, KO
Michael Chiesa, Submission
Jim Miller, UD
Charles Olivera, Submission
Gilbert Melendez, Submission

When you factor in his resume, this is some tough shit. Ferriera is by far the least accomplished guy he's fought in a very long time.

He had a triangle locked up against Poirier? I can’t remember that, maybe I need to rewatch the fight. That’s if you guys don’t have any gifs?

I was surprised how easily Nate handled Pettis. That fight could’ve been stopped on like two different occasions as Pettis was hurt and getting punched repeatedly while barely defending himself. I don’t know if turning your back and ducking is considered intelligently defending oneself, but that’s what Pettis did and got away with it.

Pettis is a still a top level fighter, no doubt.

He had a triangle locked up against Poirier? I can’t remember that, maybe I need to rewatch the fight. That’s if you guys don’t have any gifs?

I was surprised how easily Nate handled Pettis. That fight could’ve been stopped on like two different occasions as Pettis was hurt and getting punched repeatedly while barely defending himself. I don’t know if turning your back and ducking is considered intelligently defending oneself, but that’s what Pettis did and got away with it.

IIRC yes he did appear to have it locked up and the ref stood them up to check his cut

I heard Tim Sylvia beat him at a hot dog eating contest.

He would have beat some of these people if he had the skills of his brother.

He's not hungry enough to be champ anymore, but he still is a good top 15/top 10 fighter. Seeing how Benson is doing in Bellator, I feel even if he goes to another org he won't be champ, so props to him for taking fun fights at LW or WW. He's surely making some good money even when he loses, he's still the Weaties mma guy.

He would have beat some of these people if he had the skills of his brother.
Anthony is by far the better brother, what are you talking about?

Anthony was a champion who had a successful title defense in the most stacked weight class.

Sergio never even fought for a title at flyweight.

If Pettis doesn't snipe him early, Ferreira will pressure him with volume & eventually break him. I like Diego here, 3rd round tko or UD(29-28, 29-27, 30-27).

His whole UFC career has been nothing but murderers.
Large hespect for fighting all these killers and never once getting dropped or stunned by punches to the head.

Yeah, he's almost constantly fought top competition. You coulda put Alvarez on the win list instead of Melendez since it's more recent.

Though just because CDF isn't as accomplished as these fighters, it doesn't mean he's a worse fighter. He's betting favorite for a reason.

Anthony is by far the better brother, what are you talking about?

Anthony was a champion who had a successful title defense in the most stacked weight class.

Sergio never even fought for a title at flyweight.
Anthony can shift momentum of the fights with big moves and has more dangerous guard, but he can't box nearly as good as Sergio, nor he is that good of a counterpuncher and his footwork is non-existent compared to Sergio's.

If Anthony can't discourage you with a one big shot, he's probably losing to you. Sergio can jab, feint, draw reactions, etc.

Speaking of wins, you don't beat someone like Joe Benavidez by being less skilled than Anthony Pettis.

I've watched the Porier fight once and didn't remember seeing him lock the triangle up

That sucks

iirc early in the 2nd rd Pettis injured his foot/leg when Nate checked one of his kicks, and it was pretty much over for Pettis at that point. Not making excuses, and Nate deserves full credit for checking the kick, but it would explain why Pettis was basically fighting handicapped from that point when you consider how vital kicks are to his game

Last five losses:
  1. Nate Diaz, UD at WW
  2. Tony Ferguson, TKO
  3. Dustin Poirier, TKO, (after the ref stood the fight up when Pettis had a locked triangle)
  4. Max Holloway, TKO,
  5. Edson Barboza, UD

Not the worst list in the world of names to lose to.

Here are his last five wins:

Stephen Thomson, KO
Michael Chiesa, Submission
Jim Miller, UD
Charles Olivera, Submission
Gilbert Melendez, Submission

When you factor in his resume, this is some tough shit. Ferriera is by far the least accomplished guy he's fought in a very long time.
Ferreira is not the most known fighter, but he is a really good fighter. improved boxing fundamentals and nasty bjj. Pettis in this position because he hasn´t improved his flaws. Pettis is a finisher, he doesn´t win decisiones, his game is based on exploiting opportunies, very similar to chito vera.

What the hell happened to Pettis's submission game. It used to be his strongest game, now it appears to be his weakest.

Back