Anthony Pettis: "Barboza will actually show up to fight."

"I didn't manage to pull a finish out of my ass so that means my opponent didn't come to fight"

Is it just me or is Anthony Pettis turning into Johny Hendricks?

Pettis has 15 finishes in 18 wins. Almost 50/50 by way of (t)ko or submission. He's dropped 2 in a row, one to the champ where he took major punishment and still fought through 25 minutes. And most recently of course the split decision loss to an elite LW in Eddie where he didn't adapt to Eddie's game plan, which very few fighters would be able to pull off.

He's obviously frustrated and salty, but your analogy is abysmal.

This fight should be glorious, whoever wins.

Barboza will show up to fight, and I really see him winning this one too.

Yup if anything Anthony shows us his wrastlin like he did vs Stephens. Lol

I've always ping-ponged back and forth with Pettis. Become a fan whenever I watch him fight and lose my fandom whenever I hear him talk. But if he pulls a Bagautinov and wrassles Barboza, I'm a fan for life.

Alvarez came to win.

Gif of Pettis from the interview:

pZoo1.gif

Of course he's salty. It was not as entertaining as most of us expected, but props to Eddie for the great game plan to eek out the W. I would bet most anyone losing a split like that would be pissed, especially a striker. You're gif is lame though, weak.

So far Alvarez, Guida, and RDA have been able to grind out wins against Pettis in similar fashions. Also Jeremy Stephens should have won their fight in the same way. At this point you gotta stop blaming other people for "not fighting" and start to look at Pettis and ask how it's possible that he trains every day with Ben Askren and can't get off the mat/cage with consistency.

Anyways, I'm just throwing this one out there... I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume that Nate didn't want the fight because he didn't answer his phone. Those brothers are notoriously hard to reach! You guys remember when Nick no showed a GSP press conference and it came out that no one on his team had seem him for like 3 days and that stuff happened all the time? Seems like par for the course to not answer the phone.

If you think Jeremy Stephens won that fight that tells me all I need to know. Guida I'll give even though all he did was defend the entire fight under our insane judging top position wins fights so fair enough. But Alvarez was out grappled and outstruck in the first two rounds and outstruck in the third but had the better of the grappling. Embarrassing he was given the win.

And never lump RDA's win in with those other fights. All Guida did was defend himself and try to survive and all Alvarez did was fail at TD attempts. RDA came to fight and beat Pettis's ass bell to bell in every area. Totally respect it and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the other two fights

Of course he's salty. It was not as entertaining as most of us expected, but props to Eddie for the great game plan to eek out the W. I would bet most anyone losing a split like that would be pissed, especially a striker. You're gif is lame though, weak.
You salty about my salt, bro?

Aoazq_s-200x150.gif

Pettis has 15 finishes in 18 wins. Almost 50/50 by way of (t)ko or submission. He's dropped 2 in a row, one to the champ where he took major punishment and still fought through 25 minutes. And most recently of course the split decision loss to an elite LW in Eddie where he didn't adapt to Eddie's game plan, which very few fighters would be able to pull off.

He's obviously frustrated and salty, but your analogy is abysmal.

This fight should be glorious, whoever wins.

dKv5FC1.jpg

Seriously though, in that long winded post you were right about one thing.

Anthony has indeed dropped two in a row.

EDIT: Just noticed your location hahaha

If you think Jeremy Stephens won that fight that tells me all I need to know. Guida I'll give even though all he did was defend the entire fight under our insane judging top position wins fights so fair enough. But Alvarez was out grappled and outstruck in the first two rounds and outstruck in the third but had the better of the grappling. Embarrassing he was given the win.

And never lump RDA's win in with those other fights. All Guida did was defend himself and try to survive and all Alvarez did was fail at TD attempts. RDA came to fight and beat Pettis's ass bell to bell in every area. Totally respect it and shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as the other two fights
Man you can keep complaining about the way that they score top position or controlling the clinch but it's not going to change the way that it's done. I just find it insane that people are still able to do this to Pettis. I would've bet my house after the Guida fight that he would've corrected that part of his game. Like I mentioned before, he trains with one of THE BEST grapplers in the entire sport of MMA on a daily basis! Honestly, he should be the one with the skills to do that to other people! Like at what point are you going to stop blaming the judges and maybe ask why he isn't fixing that hole in his game?

"I didn't manage to pull a finish out of my ass so that means my opponent didn't come to fight"

My point was, Pettis is a finisher, and your analogy, or maybe just your attempt at humor, either way, was awfully feeble.

Pettis needs to stop working on his TDD so much, imo. It was much better in the alvarez fight, but it actually hurt him more because it slowed the fight down too much.'

I feel like he was better off just pulling guard and working from his guard then staying pushed against the fence for 15 minutes.

Yeah I also thought his TDD looked good in that fight.

Eddie is a very underrated wrestler and could rarely get Pettis down but was holding him against the cage.

More lateral movement and pivots would do him some good. Sounds basic but idk what else he could do.

Some say 145 but his style is built well on his speed advantage over majority of LW so I vote no on that one.

That's ridiculous. Johny, for sure but Pettis, no.

A couple of extra much needed break ups from the ref more than likely would have gotten Pettis the decision.

Patch the leaks or stop complaining about getting wet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back