Anthony Pettis: "Barboza will actually show up to fight."

Is there anything more pathetic than fighters complaining about wrestlers?

and the times they were in the middle and striking.. Pettis was just staring at him 99% of the time and throwing nothing. 3 minutes of round 2 there was no wrestling at all and Pettis was doing nothing.

Because he didn't want to get dry humped again :(

Pettis either needs to learn to stand his ground and wrestle or he needs to quit MMA and become a kickboxer and stop crying about "real fights" and "bringing the fight." We get it, you're salty because you've been completely nullified by wrestling on multiple occasions now.

Alvarez landed a lot of good punches on Pettis. I think he had some good strikes on the ground towards the end of the fight also.

That's hilarious coming from him who spends more time being injured than training. At least most of your opponents show up to do something pettis.

Pettis should watch Bermudez/Kawajiri, that's how you deal with someone who's clasped around your legs when your back is up against the cage. Bermudez was nailing Crusher with elbows and punches. Pettis was standing with his back to the cage doing nothing.

Pettis needs to stop working on his TDD so much, imo. It was much better in the alvarez fight, but it actually hurt him more because it slowed the fight down too much.'

I feel like he was better off just pulling guard and working from his guard then staying pushed against the fence for 15 minutes.

That Alverez fight was good for his health then i guess

Should be fun both guys have the most dynamic striking at 155 if Pettis wants a belt again he should drop to 145

I hope I don't jinx it, but I think of all guys in UFC, Edson would have to be like top 3 least likely to do that lol.

Yup if anything Anthony shows us his wrastlin like he did vs Stephens. Lol

Yup if anything Anthony shows us his wrastlin like he did vs Stephens. Lol
If you're Pettis why not? He knows he has the better ground game. Why take the risk and fight Edson where hes strongest?

RDA took Pettis' soul man, whatever he says is empty. The fire is gone knowing that a monster is sitting at the top. I'm still one of his biggest fans though.

No way Eddie should have won that fight. Got outstruck and couldn't get take downs and still somehow won

About time we get to see Pettis in there with someone who comes to fight again
So far Alvarez, Guida, and RDA have been able to grind out wins against Pettis in similar fashions. Also Jeremy Stephens should have won their fight in the same way. At this point you gotta stop blaming other people for "not fighting" and start to look at Pettis and ask how it's possible that he trains every day with Ben Askren and can't get off the mat/cage with consistency.

Anyways, I'm just throwing this one out there... I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume that Nate didn't want the fight because he didn't answer his phone. Those brothers are notoriously hard to reach! You guys remember when Nick no showed a GSP press conference and it came out that no one on his team had seem him for like 3 days and that stuff happened all the time? Seems like par for the course to not answer the phone.

Pettis sounds salty as fuck. Learn not to put your back against the cage and learn some octagon control.

Instead of Pettis's new "I lost because my opponent didn't fight" defense mechanism maybe he should try actually improving

I honestly see Edson winning this fight. Unless he gets caught.

So basically Pettis is complaining that he isn't doing kickboxing bouts?
Don't see why MMA couldnt do away with the groundgame, sure its real but honestly unless its demain maia the groundgame is bs.

Edit: Like some contracts are hybrid mma with imediate stand ups and breaks of the cage

"I didn't manage to pull a finish out of my ass so that means my opponent didn't come to fight"

Is it just me or is Anthony Pettis turning into Johny Hendricks?

Pettis came to fight Alvarez came to wrestle
Alvarez came to win.

Gif of Pettis from the interview:

pZoo1.gif

Back