Anthony Pettis avoids surgery after finding out right hand not broken after all

There is no doubt trauma to his hand, anyone had fought before know this. This isnt the 1st time for Pettis, he fractured (broken) his left hand back in 2011 so its not like he doesn't know what it feels like.

I fractured my wrist from being suplexed years ago. My treatment was ice, motrin & ace bandage

vlcsnap-2016-12-21-00h17m36s645.png

Ok mother-truckers. Not every fracture shows up in an x-ray. Soft tissue damage does not show well in an x-ray. Hairline fractures can be difficult to see even under an MRI, I know because I had one in my toe that took years to heal up. Dudes hand was obviously and blatantly wrecked.

Can we please try to stop the stupid? Just this once?

He should retire he either was on PED's before or he just doesn't have the killer instinct anymore.

Cracked second metacarpal bone(Point finger). Watch closely. It's ok not to notice at first. It is doctors and those who've had broken hands can see right away.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what kind of surgery is required for a broken hand? I broke both my arms at the same time..they just put them in a cast for 8 weeks
Screws and plates are the the best imo. The only bad thing is you have to undergo surgery twice(Inserting them and removing once your bones are healed). Though some people don't remove them at all. It depends though. Maybe yours didn't break badly and the cast is enough. Also your age. If you are young and your injury isn't really severe, you should be fine with the cast. Just be careful while recovering. You wanna start things slowly.

He seemed really eager to take the gloves off in the cage immediately after the fight...is this typical of someone breaking their hand? Or was he just wanting to show the world that he had an injury the whole fight?
Maybe he wanted to see the extent of the injury?

Lol@keyboard warfags acting like it was only an excuse because he lost. Everyone who knows mma realised he avoided throwing his right hand starting round two. I still think Max would have beaten him but that clearly altered the fight. Good thing he is not undergoing surgery, and all of you tough guys calling him names would probably call in sick because you are sneezing.

Last edited:
Back