Anthony Pettis avoids surgery after finding out right hand not broken after all

A little over a week after a disappointing loss in Toronto, Anthony Pettis has received some good news.

On Tuesday, Pettis found out that his injured right wasn't broken after all, which means he won't need surgery.

Immediately following his loss to Max Holloway at UFC 206, Pettis was told he broke the hand early in the fight and had to go under the knife, however, after the swelling went down, Pettis got an MRI, which revealed the good news.

According to his team, Pettis is now going to take some time off to regroup. He announced immediately after the interim featherweight title fight that he would be moving back up to lightweight in 2017.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/12/...rgery-after-finding-out-right-hand-not-broken

Your av reaction is appropriate for the opening post.

Needs a break to reevaluate if he will truly commit to 145 or go back to 155, his best years are behind him and each division has better talent than when he was at his peak.

How was it an excuse if the injury was bad enough to cause such significant swelling? His hand was still impaired.
Max would've won anyway imo, but just because it wasn't broken doesn't mean it didn't hinder his performance.

lol at all the armchair doctors that were putting red circles on his X-ray like it showed something in that thread.

I wish it was broken. This just makes him sound like a girly excuse maker.

He did box up Cerrone and Melendez, and he was effective against Alvarez for two rounds as well.

Even in those fights he was easily walked down and his punches weren't every effective.

He lacks fundamentals.

Needs a break to reevaluate if he will truly commit to 145 or go back to 155, his best years are behind him and each division has better talent than when he was at his peak.

145 would be just going full retard. He'd probably have to accept the gatekeeper status at 155. He need to work on fundamentals most importantly so he doesn't get walked down and punch effectively.

Pettis icing his hand during post fight interview with joe just to make sure to show everyone his hand was broken, weak shit all excuses

hope he doesnt take too long off

and when he returns i want to see him at 155

Why did he stop punching with that hand? Was he self-sabotaging his chances to win and was going to blame it on the hand right after? The guy needs to see a sports psychologist.

Well, his excuse making to start off the interview now looks even more pathetic. Blessed bless.

Does anyone know what kind of surgery is required for a broken hand? I broke both my arms at the same time..they just put them in a cast for 8 weeks

idk, but I broke my wrist as a kid and I had to have surgery

It's not broken but I can guarantee it was dislocated. Had it happen to my pinky side while his is by the pointer. He will never be the same after that injury. His is the main knuckles for punching, and mine isn't, yet I haven't been able to punch with MMA gloves for 6 months now

Back