Anthony Peterson plus Vanes Martirsyan on Versus Tonight

Anybody else think Peterson is gonna get his jaw broken at some point for keeping his mouth open when he punches?

I think the commentators were being a little hard on Anthony Peterson tonight. He did a good job IMO.

I think the commentators were being a little hard on Anthony Peterson tonight. He did a good job IMO.

Yeah, for me.... that was annoying.

I can't remember what one of the commentators said exactly, but it was something like "he's fighting, but the sum of his fighting isn't greater than all of his....... parts".
Something like that. It's like they were running out of ways to insult him and they were fumbling with novel ways to put him down.

Yeah, for me.... that was annoying.

I can't remember what one of the commentators said exactly, but it was something like "he's fighting, but the sum of his fighting isn't greater than all of his....... parts".
Something like that. It's like they were running out of ways to insult him and they were fumbling with novel ways to put him down.

I did, however; like the comment that Peterson is a little too much surgeon and not enough butcher.......sounded very Atlasesque.

I did, however; like the comment that Peterson is a little too much surgeon and not enough butcher.......sounded very Atlasesque.

LOL.
Yeah, that one wasn't bad.
I'll give the commentators another thing - it was a pretty boring fight.
Maybe Peterson knew Trejo wasn't getting hurt by his punches, who knows.

LOL.
Yeah, that one wasn't bad.
I'll give the commentators another thing - it was a pretty boring fight.
Maybe Peterson knew Trejo wasn't getting hurt by his punches, who knows.

I havent been too impressed with the announcers at VS. yet.

I think you guys are misunderstanding the Commentators. Both of them are actually decently savvy of the Fight Game, and they even compare their viewpoints with the viewers with the online scoring, sometimes even giving more kudos to viewer perspective than their own. Who else does that?

What they said about Peterson was justifiable. Trejo isn't a chump in any sense of the word, but last night he was the Darling Jiminez to Peterson's Gamboa. He made Anthony look a lot worse than he is, incapable of stopping a guy who he hit clean in the faze about a gazillion times. Not to mention Peterson's corner pretty much felt the same way.

I haven't been too impressed with the Peterson's yet either though Mschatz =/ .

I hope he runs into someone who's going to wait for the "BOP, BOP,BOP" and then dislocate his face.

I haven't been too impressed with the Peterson's yet either though Mschatz =/ .

I hope he runs into someone who's going to wait for the "BOP, BOP,BOP" and then dislocate his face.

Dont get me wrong. Im not upset that they were criticizing Peterson. Just overall, havent been that impressed with the dialogue yet. Maybe they'll grow on me. Either way, more boxing on TV is good, so it def wont keep me from watching.

I agree with what the commentators were saying, but after the 25th time they said it I wish they would have shut the fuck up about it. They were right on the money, he was more surgeon than buthcer(awesome quote btw) I just think they were draggin on about it for too long.

I did like Petersons style though, wish he woulda tried harder to put the guy away, but other than that i liked him. I like how he kept leading with the jab and throwing straight punchs. I bitch about MMA fighers throwing wide punchs all of the time and not using the jab(aside from GSP and Penn) so when i see pro boxers throwing wide punchs and not jabbing it really gets me goin.

I would have liked to see him put some heat on his cross, but overall I liked his style. But what the fuck do I know, i like Paulie Malignaggi.

I agree with what the commentators were saying, but after the 25th time they said it I wish they would have shut the fuck up about it. They were right on the money, he was more surgeon than buthcer(awesome quote btw) I just think they were draggin on about it for too long.

I did like Petersons style though, wish he woulda tried harder to put the guy away, but other than that i liked him. I like how he kept leading with the jab and throwing straight punchs. I bitch about MMA fighers throwing wide punchs all of the time and not using the jab(aside from GSP and Penn) so when i see pro boxers throwing wide punchs and not jabbing it really gets me goin.

I would have liked to see him put some heat on his cross, but overall I liked his style. But what the fuck do I know, i like Paulie Malignaggi.

Well put!
Exactly how I feel.
I didn't so much disagree with the commentators view, just after hearing it for over half of the fight I just had enough.
When Peterson threw combos I was really liking the action.

Yeah I really liked Petersons style, I just think he was a little too tentative. Light a fire under his ass and I think he could be much better.

I really liked V.M's. performance. He caught ole boy flush many a time but he wasn't going out so Vanes instead of getting discouraged or fighting wildly in an attempt to put the guy away seemed to have decided if I can't KO you I'll just beat the shit out of you for the duration of the fight. He never seemed to lose his cool even when he got the cut. Shows maturity I think.

Peterson looked good as well but I agree with the commentators that he could have and should have looked better given his level of talent in comparison to his opponents.

Good card though and i was happy it came on a little late because I fell asleep and would have missed it if it had come on at it's normal time.

S.

Back