Social Anthony Mackie Claims Disney And Marvel Studios Are Trying To Change The Way Society Looks At Itself

One of the greatest features of art is that through story and allegory, you can explore complicated subjects and get your audience to reflect without feeling directly attacked. There has never been a moment in the modern era where a story didn't have something to say and challenge the audience or society in some way or another.

You're pushing for state sponsored media. Fuck that.
You said it pretty well nicely. dont forget Disney did say say they want to change the way society looks at itself. I dont think Disney nor Marvel's with Disney or DC comics are capable of doing this because if they are pulling the CRT messages they wont have that effect that they were hoping for.

Otherwise readers, viewers would tell what they are doing is propaganda. Not entertainment. Some people are in this medium not for propaganda/messages but to be entertained.

I don't know, there's Storm, Static Shock, Cyborg, Luke Cage, Spawn, Blade, Black Panther and more. That's just off the top of my head as a super casual fan.

I think it was done really well with Spider-Man, and I think it has potential for Captain America. I definitely don't think it needs to be done for every character, just saying that it can be done well.
Yes it can be done well but you have to be worry of the bait and switch as well i got triggered how they ruined the origin story of Static Shock by putting in BLM into his origin story.

One of the greatest features of art is that through story and allegory, you can explore complicated subjects and get your audience to reflect without feeling directly attacked. There has never been a moment in the modern era where a story didn't have something to say and challenge the audience or society in some way or another.

You're pushing for state sponsored media. Fuck that.
It’s not just that, they also want to be able to see themselves and their world view be reflected in everything.

That’s how you get “little white cuckball” complaints about Star Wars. the writers dared to have a woman and a black guy in the two lead roles and Edgelord Timmy needs too much imagination to LARP now. A universe full of aliens and there just wasn’t enough screen time for white guys

Also the X-men was more driven by actual compassion and empathy. It was way more subtle, and them being mutants didn't make them partial to any real life group. It was pretty neutral in that aspect, which made it work.

Today's politics is about polarization, the victim role as an identity, which is pretty much the antithesis of a super hero BTW, and blaming everybody but yourself. That's not a healthy message, IMO.

Last edited:
Also the X-men was more driven by actual compassion and empathy. It was way more subtle, and them being mutants didn't make them partial to any real life group. It was pretty neutral in that aspect, which made it work.

Today's politics is about polarization, the victim role as an identity, which is pretty much the antithesis of a super hero BTW, and blaming everybody but yourself. That's not a healthy message, IMO.
I dont know about today's current cliamte and society but i remember there were shows in Early 2000s that were diverse. I even remember a TV cartoon show on TV about a black police officer. With one season. It wasnt a bad show. It was a good show.

And of course yeah i used to be teen but i loved that adult cartoon version of Spawn.

spawn-movie-todd-mcfarlane-1.png

I dont know about today's current cliamte and society but i remember there were shows in Early 2000s that were diverse. I even remember a TV cartoon show on TV about a black police officer. With one season. It wasnt a bad show. It was a good show.

And of course yeah i used to be teen but i loved that adult cartoon version of Spawn.

spawn-movie-todd-mcfarlane-1.png

Blade 1 & 2 are still two of the best comic movies ever made, because it was original as fuck! And done so very well, because originality inspires everybody who is working on it. It gets you excited. If there is a bitter undertone to a story and no real redeeming qualities, that will also affect people who work on it, and negatively impact the end result.

That's a bit of generalization of course, there are more factors at play that determine the success of a movie. But if you get a great producer to recognize a great original work, he will be inspired to get the best out of everything. So that will have a trickle down effect on the whole of the production.

Last edited:

Now you're just making up words;)

Here come the race swaps of Western Classic characters yet again. Race Swap is being pushed by Hollywood to classic/Ionic characters yet inoic.
First they it did to Batman, Batwoman, and Superman.

This race swap thing is no different when the same elitists from Hollywood are whinning about white people or whites whitewashing other movies, tv shows from Asia etc so i will ask again how does one wrong make one right?

How does one race swap of characters make things better or improve society by doing this? you see things like these is a reason why i am done with Hollywood/Western Comics crap. And honestly? most of the movies and TV shows have being crap, the VFXs have being done poorly in some shows and movies.

DC Announces Black Superman On Henry Cavill's Birthday
<JagsKiddingMe>
Superman can be a communist Russian but G-d forbid he's black.

This explains why most of the things in western cultural are mostly woke as they are now. Majority of the shows right now even on Disney plus arent even entertainment it felt more like preaching a lecture even most of the new animated stuff out of Disney.

They are clearly trying to go out on a message rather then giving a entertainment.
Anthony Mackie Claims Disney And Marvel Studios Are Trying To “Change The Way Society Looks At Itself”

This is what you took from this? I love how Anthony Mackey tells this inspirational story and you go full on reactionary.

He's not wrong. I'm no fan of woke stuff but I actually like what Marvel is doing.

As much as we want to pretend like skin color and identity doesn't matter, there is something to be said about seeing someone that looks like you may have the same life experience.

I think Black Panther was wonderful for black kids and black culture in general. The movie wasn't preachy at all. It simply showed black people as heroes, scientists, building communities, sharing culture, etc. If you are a black kid, you see someone like you that's a hero. If you are a black girl, you see a black woman who is smart and a scientist and know that it's possible.

For everyone that has railed against thug culture, rap music, etc., this is exactly what you SHOULD want. Having a black person represent Captain America and being proud of America is yet another positive step. Everyone should be on board with this and what Marvel is doing. Again, it's not preachy. It's done correctly.

This is what you took from this? I love how Anthony Mackey tells this inspirational story and you go full on reactionary.
No its what it he says about Disney. Disney is going far leftist. With a far leftist agenda. "Woke" Disney is already wanting to make cartoons to push agendas or political narratives.

No its what it he says about Disney. Disney is going far leftist. With a far leftist agenda. "Woke" Disney is already wanting to make cartoons to push agendas or political narratives.
Cartoons since have always pushed political agendas so neither Disney nor Anthony Mackie are doing anything that hasn't been done already. If it's their so called woke agenda that bothers conservatives then by all means start making their own conservative cartoons.

Yes because they are woke.

They are trying to break us all down and turn us against each other with fear, guilt, shame, and resentment.

A black Captain America is far leftist?

Yes because they are woke.

They are trying to break us all down and turn us against each other with fear, guilt, shame, and resentment.
Disney and the rest of Hollywood doesn't need to break conservatives down with fear, guilt and resentment and turn them against everybody else conservatives are already born with those traits encoded into their DNA. Now if Disney and the rest of Hollywood could actually succeed in getting conservatives to feel even a little shame then they would be performing a miracle that nobody else in the history of the USA has ever managed.

Disney and the rest of Hollywood doesn't need to break conservatives down with fear, guilt and resentment and turn them against everybody else conservatives are already born with those traits encoded into their DNA. Now if Disney and the rest of Hollywood could actually succeed in getting conservatives to feel even a little shame then they would be performing a miracle that nobody else in the history of the USA has ever managed.

Your example what is wrong in America today. What this kind of mindset.

Now if Disney and the rest of Hollywood could actually succeed in getting conservatives to feel even a little shame then they would be performing a miracle

In other words you are suggesting that "Woke and censorship is a good thing"

Last edited:
Cartoons since have always pushed political agendas so neither Disney nor Anthony Mackie are doing anything that hasn't been done already. If it's their so called woke agenda that bothers conservatives then by all means start making their own conservative cartoons.
Actually your quite wrong on that one i actually grew up in the 90s and no i dont remember a lot of the crap that i am seeing now what Disney or DC Comics is trying to do and you know what it is? pushing agendas. Majority of the woke stuff doesn't even click in other countries.

I am sure some of the woke stuff still sells in some places in America but keep your wokeness to America.
If Disney wants to make a cartoon/movie for International audience they shouldn't make it woke.

If it's their so called woke agenda that bothers conservatives then by all means start making their own conservative cartoons.

Pretty sure the American far leftist side would get offended by it. I will say it again Western comics in generally haven't being doing very well over the past years so far problary has to do with the way how politics is being introduced and pushed into comics now heavily.

And majority of the time some of it arent just fun to read.

Last edited:
Weird, you must have missed this question so I'll ask again. A black Captain America is far leftist?

Blade 1 & 2 are still two of the best comic movies ever made, because it was original as fuck! And done so very well, because originality inspires everybody who is working on it. It gets you excited. If there is a bitter undertone to a story and no real redeeming qualities, that will also affect people who work on it, and negatively impact the end result.

That's a bit of generalization of course, there are more factors at play that determine the success of a movie. But if you get a great producer to recognize a great original work, he will be inspired to get the best out of everything. So that will have a trickle down effect on the whole of the production.

Blade was awesome. Better by far than most MCU films.

I'm a bit excited about Blade's entry into the MCU but I can't imagine he will compare well with the original. Snipes really put his own stamp on the character.

Back