Anthony 'Lowball' Joshua

I figured Whyte/AJ 2 would sell big time. Whyte has done quite well for himself with Parker and Chisora.

I really think that is a big rematch in the UK that brings in a ton of cash.

Any Brits want to weigh in here? Is Whyte not popular?
I m whyte fan (have trained at his gym) he is popular. I think the only issue is that Whyte / AJ 2 COULD struggle to sell if it is in or around Fury/Wilder2, the hype of that fight would overshadow AJ/Whyte any other time it would be fine.

sticking my neck out I am not sure that Fury's next fight will be with wilder. Its very quiet on that front, especially given how quickly the first fight got made. I also hear that Fury has two big offers (AJ+another) other than wilder to think over. But as I have said a few times not sure what you can believe at the moment

That flat fee was pre Wilder vs Fury which makes your comment above totally ridiculous......that fight has obviously increased their value so don't be so stupid.
Uh-oh, the Matchroom shills are coming for me!
The flat fee was AFTER Wilder-Fury. This info came directly from AJ's mouth during the Canelo-Fielding broadcast.
They've apparently not offered Wilder a purse split since before Wilder-Fury, where they offered it to him while the Fury fight was already signed and he was in training camp.

You keep saying this but its a very silly stance. Previous pay days mean fuck all.

You can keep saying 15 million all you want, but 15 million is a bullshit percentage of what AJ/Wilder will sell. Percentages are what is settled on, not lame ass set figures which everyone in the world knows is a low ball.

Rather than crying about a ‘lowball’ offer that is over 10m more than Ortiz, why didn’t he take the fight, beat Joshua and be undisputed champion? Does he not think he can beat him? The reason he’s not in Joshua’s position is he didn’t take risks, he didn’t fight the top guys, or look to unify! He was getting 2-3m per fight, Joshua up to 20m. He’s getting the payday by fighting Joshua

Based on that Why does he deserve a bigger share? People’s shock over a 15m offer is laughable. This forum must be full of fckin billionaires!
Why didn’t he take the fight for Joshua’s belt , be the a side and be the one calling the shots? If he really wanted the fight that makes far more sense, rather than crying about how hard done by he is

I figured Whyte/AJ 2 would sell big time. Whyte has done quite well for himself with Parker and Chisora.

I really think that is a big rematch in the UK that brings in a ton of cash.

Any Brits want to weigh in here? Is Whyte not popular?

Yeah, Whyte is kind of popular i guess, but he isnt a name on everyones lips as he alreayd has that 1 loss to Joshua.

I think Whyte is deserving of a rematch, and as others have mentioned, if Hearn is completely lowballing fighters who are mandatory, then the mandatory should just wait it out until they get a shot, and take the mandatory percentage(i think someone said 25%, it may have been lower).

The problem is, the fighters and promoters become so egotistical, they cant actually see what they and the fighters they represent are actually worth(which is odd in the case of Hearn and Whyte as they work together, Hearn knows exactly how many PPVs Whyte sells when Joshua's name isnt attached).

I'm fed up of it all, easier to just let it all ride out and wait until the fights are eventually made, and if they arent, these guys will go fight other people instead

Rather than crying about a ‘lowball’ offer that is over 10m more than Ortiz, why didn’t he take the fight, beat Joshua and be undisputed champion? Does he not think he can beat him? The reason he’s not in Joshua’s position is he didn’t take risks, he didn’t fight the top guys, or look to unify! He was getting 2-3m per fight, Joshua up to 20m. He’s getting the payday by fighting Joshua

Based on that Why does he deserve a bigger share? People’s shock over a 15m offer is laughable. This forum must be full of fckin billionaires!
Why didn’t he take the fight for Joshua’s belt , be the a side and be the one calling the shots? If he really wanted the fight that makes far more sense, rather than crying about how hard done by he is
Again youre saying the same thing over and over again. 15 million is shit compared to what that fight will generate. Percentages are what is agreed upon in contracts. 15 million is very, very likely 20% or less of what the fight brings in. Its probably closer to 15%.

15-20% offers are dog shit lowballs. Thats all there is to it.

Wilder is prob deserving of a 30-40% cut.......fury AJ should be 50/50

lets see the reaction when Wilder fights Breazeale next

lets see the reaction when Wilder fights Breazeale next

it's no worse a fight than Joshua v MIller, and my thoughts on that have already beeb aired.

Both pile of shit fights, but if they cant agree with other fighters/promoters, then they are the fights that are going to happen.

Heavies can turn real old overnight, and need to be careful of turning down paydays they consider derisory, they could end up like Riddick Bowe taking Golota as a tune up fight and getting his ass kicked

Again youre saying the same thing over and over again. 15 million is shit compared to what that fight will generate. Percentages are what is agreed upon in contracts. 15 million is very, very likely 20% or less of what the fight brings in. Its probably closer to 15%.

15-20% offers are dog shit lowballs. Thats all there is to it.

15-20%? So you think the fight was going to make 100m. 15m was probably the 30-35% that you, me and most of us thought was fair at the time

And as I stated in my last few posts, wilder beats Joshua and he can write his own cheques. Why would a guy turn down this opportunity? Because it’s only 15m lol! No one wants to answer that? Same with whyte, he finally gets his shot and now he’s gonna pass it up. What a fckin mug if so

Last edited:
15-20%? So you think the fight was going to make 100m. 15m was probably the 30-35% that you, me and most of us thought was fair at the time

And as I stated in my last few posts, wilder beats Joshua and he can write his own cheques. Why would a guy turn down this opportunity? Because it’s only 15m lol! No one wants to answer that? Same with whyte, he finally gets his shot and now he’s gonna pass it up. What a fckin mug if so
Lets put it this way, Hearn says its a $50 million fight. Wilder’s handlers say its a $100 million fight. Lets settle in the middle and call it a $75 million fight.

You do the math and tell me if $15 million of a $75 million fight is an appropriate percentage? Ill give you a hint, its even less than mandatories get lol.

Its a shit offer. Point blank. End of discussion. Its equally as stupid as asking for 50/50.

Lets put it this way, Hearn says its a $50 million fight. Wilder’s handlers say its a $100 million fight. Lets settle in the middle and call it a $75 million fight.

You do the math and tell me if $15 million of a $75 million fight is an appropriate percentage? Ill give you a hint, its even less than mandatories get lol.

Its a shit offer. Point blank. End of discussion. Its equally as stupid as asking for 50/50.

Not to be the devils advocate here...well...actually....yes i am

If the Wilder fight after the Fury draw is now worth $75m, it was obviously worth less before he fought Fury(this is obvious, his exposure was very small before the Fury fight).

So if he say for example, offered Joshua a figure of lets say $50m...i just plucked that from nowhere :p, then Wilder was obviously going to get a lot less than 15% after all the other bills were paid.

I think its easier to draw a line under all of these threads and posts, we can all agree that Hearn, Warren, DiBella are lying bastards of the highest order, and it doesnt help when puppies like Wilder talks shit on social media about finances when he is clearly being lied to by all involved.

Fury and Joshua have gone very silent recently about figures, clearly some negotiations are going on behind the scenes that we are not privvy to, you think Hearn offering Whyte a low offer and getting him to blab to the press isnt a negotiation tactic????

I think the low offer to whyte from aj is to make whyte consider another offer on the table

Not to be the devils advocate here...well...actually....yes i am

If the Wilder fight after the Fury draw is now worth $75m, it was obviously worth less before he fought Fury(this is obvious, his exposure was very small before the Fury fight).

So if he say for example, offered Joshua a figure of lets say $50m...i just plucked that from nowhere :p, then Wilder was obviously going to get a lot less than 15% after all the other bills were paid.

I think its easier to draw a line under all of these threads and posts, we can all agree that Hearn, Warren, DiBella are lying bastards of the highest order, and it doesnt help when puppies like Wilder talks shit on social media about finances when he is clearly being lied to by all involved.

Fury and Joshua have gone very silent recently about figures, clearly some negotiations are going on behind the scenes that we are not privvy to, you think Hearn offering Whyte a low offer and getting him to blab to the press isnt a negotiation tactic????
I think the fight does 100 million+ in revenue. There is no fight in the world being talked about more than this. Nothing even remotely close.

I really dont give a shit what a promoter makes off of the fight (nor the fighters for that matter), but if theyre willing, possibly dumb enough, to offer a $50 million purse and it flops that is their fault.

Promoters are lying scumbags, but 15-20% is a shit offer no matter how you slice it.

I think the low offer to whyte from aj is to make whyte consider another offer on the table
They dont want anyone to spoil the possibility of AJ/Wilder. Its why they tried to get a deal with Wilder even knowing that an immediate rematch was going to happen.

They dont want anyone to spoil the possibility of AJ/Wilder. Its why they tried to get a deal with Wilder even knowing that an immediate rematch was going to happen.
I am not sure that the immediate rematch will happen. It wasn’t in the contract nothing has been agreed. There are other deals on the table for fury as well after that showing

I think the fight does 100 million+ in revenue. There is no fight in the world being talked about more than this. Nothing even remotely close.

I really dont give a shit what a promoter makes off of the fight (nor the fighters for that matter), but if theyre willing, possibly dumb enough, to offer a $50 million purse and it flops that is their fault.

Promoters are lying scumbags, but 15-20% is a shit offer no matter how you slice it.

It is a shit offer, i wont deny that.

But unless Wilder seriously ups his game in the US, i very much doubt this is a $100m fight, i think his fight with Fury got him a lot of exposure, but i still dont know how well recognised and marketable he is in the US as he has basically gone underground as the majority of people think he lost to a fight who had 2 years off, with drug, mental health and other substance abuse issues.

I think the Wilder-Fury fight actually made Fury into a bigger star, which may be why we are not seeing anything concrete in terms of a rematch.

Fury could come back to the UK(which he is hinting at) and sell out an Arena and fight anyone, and probably get paid a lot.

People are confusing the old school fighters who wanted to unify the titles with the guys no who just want to make the most money regardless of who they fight.

I dont think Joshua, Fury, Wilder, Whyte care who they fight anymore, they are only interested in making as much £££/$$$ as possible.

While i think he is an asshole now, the last HW fighter who actually wanted to unify this shit was Lewis, and he took some shitty paydays and fights to make it happen.

It is a shit offer, i wont deny that.

But unless Wilder seriously ups his game in the US, i very much doubt this is a $100m fight, i think his fight with Fury got him a lot of exposure, but i still dont know how well recognised and marketable he is in the US as he has basically gone underground as the majority of people think he lost to a fight who had 2 years off, with drug, mental health and other substance abuse issues.

I think the Wilder-Fury fight actually made Fury into a bigger star, which may be why we are not seeing anything concrete in terms of a rematch.

Fury could come back to the UK(which he is hinting at) and sell out an Arena and fight anyone, and probably get paid a lot.

People are confusing the old school fighters who wanted to unify the titles with the guys no who just want to make the most money regardless of who they fight.

I dont think Joshua, Fury, Wilder, Whyte care who they fight anymore, they are only interested in making as much £££/$$$ as possible.

While i think he is an asshole now, the last HW fighter who actually wanted to unify this shit was Lewis, and he took some shitty paydays and fights to make it happen.
Wilder has gained a lot of steam since his newfound outspoken, over confident, shit talking shtick. The Fury fight definitely increased it though.

Anyway. Fuck all of their money, I just want to see some fights lol.

I have been told from a fairly reliable source that aj is definitely fighting Miller in New York.........as for the Wembley booking it’s could be fury vs whyte.

Personally that seems far fetched but the guy I talk too has been right on some left field stuff before

I think these other fighters need to man up, and try to be the man who beat the man, then they can be the A-side in negotiations.

White needs to figure out what he’s worth real fast, because if he waits to long and becomes mandatory, he’s stuck with 25%.

Fury can get this fight win or lose against Wilder in a rematch, but won’t make as much if he loses said rematch.

Wilder is not, and has never been, a draw, and is pricing himself out. I think this is partially to blame on his handlers, who don’t have faith in him to win. Also, Wilder talked for years about unifying the titles, and now seems to be balking because of money, which is not a good look.

Back