Anthony 'Lowball' Joshua

burningspear

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2019/01/12/anthony-joshua-another-lowball-offer/

Anyone else getting pissed off with Joshua and Hearn exploiting their position by lowballing the opposition?
They offered Whyte less than he made from the Chisora fight. Ffs no wonder Wilder and Fury have given up on these clowns, hold out for 50/50 boys, the tide is turning, there are only so many chumps the public will endure against Joshua.
imo AJ needs to take control of his career and make these fights happen, Hearn is making him look bad.

If fans will keep turning up, they will keep on doing this. Professional ducks

AJ took a turn after the Klitscko fight. Stopped being aggressive in pursuit of fights out of the ring and pursuing opponents inside it. Him waiting for Fury and Wilder to knock each other out of the rankings is unfortunate. Guys like Ali, Holyfield, and Klitschko would fight anybody, and, with the exception of Holyfield, would do so anywhere in the world.

What is a lowball offer? If Whyte was Mandatory, he would get 25%. As a voluntary, should he get more than that?

Whyte should DEFINITELY be getting more than he was offered for Chisora fight. I would figure they'd throw some money at him because he was already once beaten by their guy, why not score an extra 20 mil to beat him again. Hell, Joshua was claiming he could knock whole division out easy, this would be like Floyd fighting Maidana twice. "Oh. The fans are actually gullible enough to believe this guy was in the last fight and pay me millions for a 2nd? OkAY! *sound of pen frantically scribbling on dotted line*"

Hearn will agree to a 50/50 with fury if he beats wilder.
AJ took a turn after the Klitscko fight. Stopped being aggressive in pursuit of fights out of the ring and pursuing opponents inside it. Him waiting for Fury and Wilder to knock each other out of the rankings is unfortunate. Guys like Ali, Holyfield, and Klitschko would fight anybody, and, with the exception of Holyfield, would do so anywhere in the world.

Err what about Parker? and Povetkin was a mandatory?

Seems to me like all the other HW want to cash in on the work Joshua has done. Whyte vs Chisora should never have been a PPV fight and at the moment Whyte is only PPV if he is fighting for a title that doesn't make him PPV, and I am a fan of Whyte.

Granted that doesn't stack up quite so much after the interest generated by Fury / Wilder fight but before that AJ WAS the heavyweight division.

Hearn talking today that he has sent offers to Wilder/Fury/Whyte for the April 13th date. Lets see what come of it.

Also said wilders team has ignored his last 6 emails. I wish Wilder / Fury will come out publically with a realistic demand for what it would take to make the AJ fight then we can see what hearn says.

If fans will keep turning up, they will keep on doing this. Professional ducks
I don't even think its that, they want the fights imo but are too greedy. Be interesting when the picture is clear, Hearn will have to suck it up when negotiating the winner of Fury/Wilder 2.

I don't even think its that, they want the fights imo but are too greedy. Be interesting when the picture is clear, Hearn will have to suck it up when negotiating the winner of Fury/Wilder 2.
Only if fury wins. If he doesn’t and wilder won’t agree he can make the fury fight as slot of people in the uk would still want that even if he looses to wilder. It’s not what they want, they want that last belt, but aj vs fury will have demand for it regardless of the outcome of wilder fury.

If fury wins then yea Hearn will just have to suck it up prob be 50/50 and prob should be

https://www.worldboxingnews.net/2019/01/12/anthony-joshua-another-lowball-offer/

Anyone else getting pissed off with Joshua and Hearn exploiting their position by lowballing the opposition?
They offered Whyte less than he made from the Chisora fight. Ffs no wonder Wilder and Fury have given up on these clowns, hold out for 50/50 boys, the tide is turning, there are only so many chumps the public will endure against Joshua.
imo AJ needs to take control of his career and make these fights happen, Hearn is making him look bad.
He probably had reason to, he probably pointed to Whyte and look at the PPV numbers and maybe they weren't as good since he purposely matched them up against the Warrington/Frampton PPV on the same night, so that probably took away some buys and maybe negotiating leverage for his golden boy

I mentioned Hearns antics previously and got roasted for it. Now Hearn isn't even trying to cover the fact anymore.

Joshua obviously isnt afraid of Whyte, I just think he wants to fight in America against an American opponent. I can see why and people have been calling for it but unfortunately it's going to get us a less interesting fight for him since Whyte has done a lot more than Miller has.

Isnt Whyte Hearn’s guy also?????

Why the fuck would you lowball him lol.

Hearn will agree to a 50/50 with fury if he beats wilder.

Err what about Parker? and Povetkin was a mandatory?

Oh, I don't dispute thr inclusion of those names you mentioned. Those are worth mentioning. I was thinking of Fury and Wilder, in particular. Those must happen.

I will say that Joshua's fight against Parker was one of his poorer showings. He did now show much grit or dynamic punching in that fight. Fought worse than safe....I just don't get it.

I just hope he shows some tenacity in and out of the ring moving forward.

He sells out stadiums
I’m gonna try and watch him next time he’s fightin in Wembley
Hearn knows they nearly lost there cash cow vs Vladimir and whyte
He doesn’t want to risk it again

Oh, I don't dispute thr inclusion of those names you mentioned. Those are worth mentioning. I was thinking of Fury and Wilder, in particular. Those must happen.

I will say that Joshua's fight against Parker was one of his poorer showings. He did now show much grit or dynamic punching in that fight. Fought worse than safe....I just don't get it.

I just hope he shows some tenacity in and out of the ring moving forward.
I agree he needs to challenge for the last belt. If Fury beats wilder then I don't think AJ will ever fight wilder or at least no time soon.

His fight against parker was conservative but he totally out boxed him. AJ should get the credit for going after the belts. Wilder could have challenged parker but he didn't want that fight. Imagine the position he would be in if he had the WBO belt as well

Isnt Whyte Hearn’s guy also?????

Why the fuck would you lowball him lol.
I think he has doubts over the numbers AJ vs Whyte would do while the Fury wilder hype train is at full speed.Maybe he think that would harm future negotiations for AJ

Yeah feel for guys like wilder being offered 15m for a chance at all 4 belts (a career high payday by over 10m at the time). And poor dillian getting a shot at being the HW champ. He probably got a far bigger payday than he should’ve against Del Boy because that fight should never have been a ppv. He isnt the A side in this as he was against Del Boy

If these guys win the title they can write their own fckin cheques so I think a lack of confidence in beating Joshua is the reason. I certainly don’t pity them!!!

Last edited:
Nah, after wilder-fury 2, hearn will be like "Look at all these great fights Joshua can have in Miller, whyte, usyk..."

Back