Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

he's around Ali's size, and Ali would soundly beat any active HW

I don't know about that one ... do you think Ali's headhunting would work against today's giants as it did against Karl Mildenberber (6'1, 195 pounds), Brian London (6'0, 200 pounds), Henry Cooper (6'1, 190 pounds), Floyd Patterson (6'0, 195 pounds), Jerry Quarry (6'0, 195 pounds) ?

According to people Ali would be beat ANYONE who came after him (Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, Klitschko, etc), and of course today's contenders would be a walk in the park as well ...but this seems highly unrealistic, despite the nostaligic superhuman power he possesses in people's minds.

I always use this example: If Ali vs. Ken Norton never happened, what would people say about that fantasy match-up? The minority would be realistic about it and point out how Ali's weaknesses could play into Norton's strenghts, hence come to the conclusion that Norton could potentially pull off the upset.

There was also an minority that pointed out how Tyson Fury has the tools to defeat Wladimir Klitschko, but people kept looking at Fury as a clown and kept posting that GIF where he gave himself an uppercut.

Last edited:
He should fight Joseph Parker, then louis Ortiz/Dylan white. Beat them and he’s ready for the Big boys
usyk vs ortiz would be so sweet.

but i'm not holding my breath over it, ortiz will be 73 before it happens.

In what way? Usyk is white Ortiz is black and the comparison doesn't stop there...

same height, same reach, both southpaw, both with that tight guard up all the time. Same jab form. Both with a rich amateur background. They're obviously two different fighters but I can see similarities.

I don't know about that one ... do you think Ali's headhunting would work against today's giants as it did against Karl Mildenberber (6'1, 195 pounds), Brian London (6'0, 200 pounds), Henry Cooper (6'1, 190 pounds), Floyd Patterson (6'0, 195 pounds), Jerry Quarry (6'0, 195 pounds) ?

According to people Ali would be beat ANYONE who came after him (Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe, Klitschko, etc), and of course today's contenders would be a walk in the park as well ...but this seems highly unrealistic, despite the nostaligic superhuman power he possesses in people's minds.

I always use this example: If Ali vs. Ken Norton never happened, what would people say about that fantasy match-up? The minority would be realistic about it and point out how Ali's weaknesses could play into Norton's strenghts, hence come to the conclusion that Norton could potentially pull off the upset.

There was also an minority that pointed out how Tyson Fury has the tools to defeat Wladimir Klitschko, but people kept looking at Fury as a clown and kept posting that GIF where he gave himself an uppercut.

I mean, I think Ali would soundly outbox any top HW these days. I think Ali would struggle a lot with the likes of Tyson, Holyfield (Holyfield maybe not quite so much as that's not a bad style matchup for him), Lewis, Bowe and both Klitschkos. He could lose any of those fights on any given night, but all those fighters you named were better at their peak than any active HW. Do people really think the likes of Joshua, Fury and Wilder should be favoured against a prime Ali?

Let's not forget that an aging Ken Norton gave Larry Holmes everything he could handle as well. Norton was a damn good fighter if you didn't blow him out early. He'd have absolutely no issue being elite in this era, either.

same height, same reach, both southpaw, both with that tight guard up all the time. Same jab form. Both with a rich amateur background. They're obviously two different fighters but I can see similarities.

Ortiz fights with a way lower volume and hits about 10x harder. They're not all that similar.

Ortiz fights with a way lower volume and hits about 10x harder. They're not all that similar.

I listed some similarities. I'm very well aware they have many differences. Ortiz is heavier and hits harder. Usyk on the other hand has ridiculously high volume. Probably has better footwork and is faster than Ortiz. Maybe he'll get heavier and slow down after 10 years who knows. I just think if there's a guy with most similarities to Usyk in the heavyweight top 10 it has to be Ortiz.

Well that is certainly a possibility from mismatches of a Wilder Joshua proportions I feel like the refs will most likely stop it before anything that severe happens to Joshua. But long term damage is still a possibly considering the vast depth of skill, knowledge and talent between the two.

Depends on your definition of superior bruh.

Dunno if dropping a nuke on people is something to brag about. Sure did work though.
He was referring to Hendo dropping the H-bomb on Bisping and ending the cultural world war and ongoing hostilities between the United States of America and Britain. Sure it was a little harsh but it got reasults. Wilder inflicting another such blow on the fragile “nation” of Britistan or whatever would cause a lot of tensions to rise up again.

Also lol at a Brit trying to say Americans do shit dirty or over the line.

I listed some similarities. I'm very well aware they have many differences. Ortiz is heavier and hits harder. Usyk on the other hand has ridiculously high volume. Probably has better footwork and is faster than Ortiz. Maybe he'll get heavier and slow down after 10 years who knows. I just think if there's a guy with most similarities to Usyk in the heavyweight top 10 it has to be Ortiz.

I mean, they're both southpaws. They have about as much in common as Ortiz and Szpilka had.

I’d like to see Usyk stay at cruiserweight and put together a 20 defense run. I just don’t think he’ll be durable enough to take AJ’s power, although he could cause him some problems for a few rounds.

Can't see Usyk go the distance if he remains as easy to find with right counters as he was against Bellew. He's a better boxer than Joshua, but skills only get you this far against this kind of beasts.

He was referring to Hendo dropping the H-bomb on Bisping and ending the cultural world war and ongoing hostilities between the United States of America and Britain. Sure it was a little harsh but it got reasults. Wilder inflicting another such blow on the fragile “nation” of Britistan or whatever would cause a lot of tensions to rise up again.

Yawn, your fckin useless at banter!

Last edited:

I like cottage cheese, but he clearly said nuke dropped on Japan equals superior. I think he meant it as banter as I've seen him around here and he does not seem anywhere near as much of an ass hat as you.

Now if I respond in kind it will irk the rest of the muricans here. And to be honest I kinda admire murica.

I like cottage cheese, but he clearly said nuke dropped on Japan equals superior. I think he meant it as banter as I've seen him around here and he does not seem anywhere near as much of an ass hat as you.

Now if I respond in kind it will irk the rest of the muricans here. And to be honest I kinda admire murica.

To my credit, I was being sarcastic, as I think that poster is/was being sarcastic. Never know tho lol

To my credit, I was being sarcastic, as I think that poster is/was being sarcastic. Never know tho lol
It's a never winning battle bruh. Someone says someyhing bad about your respective country. You respond in kind. The circle of stupidity continues.

We all know that north Korea is the pinnacle of the free world anyways.

Back