Rumored Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk September 25

September is way too late though. It's likely because they expect liberalisation of the anti-covid measures by that time.

I think Usyk is going to shock a lot of folks with how well he does against AJ. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he stops AJ late.
I hope your right but man that’s a tall order for any former cruserweight that hasn’t really fought a good heavyweight

I wouldn't be surprised if he stops AJ late.
Why? Usyk doesnt force a grueling pace. AJ isnt brittle and has comfortably went 12 with Ruiz and Parker.

I hope your right but man that’s a tall order for any former cruserweight that hasn’t really fought a good heavyweight

Oh, for sure. It's going to take a massive effort on Usyk's part. But I think he has it in him.

Why? Usyk doesnt force a grueling pace. AJ isnt brittle and has comfortably went 12 with Ruiz and Parker.

Usyk fights at a different pace & at a different rhythm than either Ruiz or Parker. Plus he's much more cerebral than them. I think he can exploit AJ's weaknesses & make him doubt himself. At which point, I see AJ falling apart.

Usyk fights at a different pace & at a different rhythm than either Ruiz or Parker. Plus he's much more cerebral than them. I think he can exploit AJ's weaknesses & make him doubt himself. At which point, I see AJ falling apart.
I think Usyk can give him some issues in the second half of the fight, but I really dont see what you mean by AJ falling apart.

I think Usyk can give him some issues in the second half of the fight, but I really dont see what you mean by AJ falling apart.

AJ's very vulnerable.
Wlad, Whyte, Ruiz all hurt him. Not to mention all the KO's he suffered in sparring.

He's like Wladimir Klitschko before Steward refined him. Fell apart against Sanders, Brewster, Purrity... That's exactly what the first fight vs. Ruiz reminded me of.

Watch the first Ruiz fight as an example. When faced with adversity AJ mentally checked out & got stopped. And Usyk is a far superior fighter to Ruiz. Mentally, physically & in terms of skill.

AJ's very vulnerable.
Wlad, Whyte, Ruiz all hurt him. Not to mention all the KO's he suffered in sparring.

He's like Wladimir Klitschko before Steward refined him. Fell apart against Sanders, Brewster, Purrity... That's exactly what the first fight vs. Ruiz reminded me of.
Watch the first Ruiz fight as an example. When faced with adversity AJ mentally checked out & got stopped. And Usyk is a far superior fighter to Ruiz. Mentally, physically & in terms of skill.
This is an absolute crock of shit. He went into the fight concussed, got hurt early and still kept fighting for 4 more rounds.

How about Wlad knocking the piss out of him and coming back to finish Wlad? Guess he mentally checked out there too huh? How about when Whyte cracked him?

And were really comparing Usyk’s ability to hurt someone to Wlad and Whyte now?

This is an absolute crock of shit. He went into the fight concussed, got hurt early and still kept fighting for 4 more rounds.

How about Wlad knocking the piss out of him and coming back to finish Wlad? Guess he mentally checked out there too huh? How about when Whyte cracked him?

And were really comparing Usyk’s ability to hurt someone to Wlad and Whyte now?

Now you've degenerated into UFC fanboy level.
Did you see the medical documents of him being concussed?
And even if true, sparring is part of the sport. Therefore not getting battered is part of it too, especially right before the fight, and especially when you're the self-proclaimed best heavyweight on the planet. Joshua made a decision and said he's ready to fight.

@sweetviolenturg revealed that Greg Page was beating up Tyson before the Douglas debacle. Does history remember that?

Last edited:
AJ got stopped once. It takes more than Usyk's pop to pull it IMO. That being said this fight is intriguing. I think Usyk is too hittable early not to pay some kind of price for it, and if he can't move well in the late rounds... well, things may get ugly. AJ should restrain the usual headhunting, I guess. We can assume he won't show up too bulked up this time to enlarge his gas tank.

Last edited:
A gassed AJ is easy to hit, so the question is if Usyk can make Joshua move and throw (and miss) enough for that to happen, and not allow him to 'box boring' for 12 rounds.

Seems that Usyk has the tools for that, though he often leaves himself open and if AJ catches him its game over you'd think.

Good matchup.

Now you've degenerated into UFC fanboy level.
Did you see the medical documents of him being concussed?
And even if true, sparring is part of the sport. There not getting battered is part of it too, especially right before the fight, and especially when you're the self-proclaimed best heavyweight on the planet. Joshua made a decision and said he's ready to fight.

@sweetviolenturg revealed that Greg Page was beating up Tyson before the Douglas debacle. Does history remember that?
Cool. Lets say he was 100% going into the Ruiz fight. Hes still shown the ability to take a beating a weather the storm. And its fucking absurd to compare Usyk to getting his by Wlad or Whyte lmao

I hope Joshua wins. the people wants Fury vs Joshua in Wembley!

He only went comfortable with Ruiz 1 time out of the 2 . The second time was due to Ruiz being grossly out of shape and not mobile . AJ wont be able to dance away from Usyk like that. But Usyk doesnt have the power of Ruiz. So who knows. Uysk is a dangerous fight for AJ.

He only went comfortable with Ruiz 1 time out of the 2 . The second time was due to Ruiz being grossly out of shape and not mobile . AJ wont be able to dance away from Usyk like that. But Usyk doesnt have the power of Ruiz. So who knows. Uysk is a dangerous fight for AJ.

That’s disingenuous to say the least. Ruiz’s weight was not the reason he got comfortably outboxed. He’s never had quick feet or been ‘in shape’. Joshua just didn’t stand and trade at mid range. A 3rd fight would almost certainly look the same, no matter what shape Ruiz came in

This is no doubt a dangerous fight for Joshua, but how dangerous is pretty much unknown. Usyks the best boxer in the division, by a clear margin, but he’s massively undersized. His 2 fights at HW have told us nothing tbh.

Last edited:
Back