Anthony Joshua vs Deontay Wilder?

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who takes it?

I'm not an expert, but I'm leaning toward Joshua..

wilder-joshua_1.jpg

Joshua has the better skills but has yet to be tested and we've no idea how he fares in the second half of a fight. They both have howitzers in their gloves though.
Deontay's resume is dire for his length of career but we have to concede he's more seasoned and probably a slight favourite at this point. Not for too long though, I'm guessing

Joshua has the better skills but has yet to be tested and we've no idea how he fares in the second half of a fight. They both have howitzers in their gloves though.
Deontay's resume is dire for his length of career but we have to concede he's more seasoned and probably a slight favourite at this point. Not for too long though, I'm guessing
Nailed it.

Even as it stands I think the lines would be very close.

I think Wilder would win and would be the favorite .

Isn't Joshua too upright and stiff at times ? At any rate this fight has a potential to be a huge ppv in the UK

I would like to see them fight but not right now

I think Wilder would win and would be the favorite .

Isn't Joshua too upright and stiff at times ? At any rate this fight has a potential to be a huge ppv in the UK

I would like to see them fight but not right now
Hes stiff but hes also a monsterous human being. Dont see guys that size that are fluid really.

Hes also more fundamentally sound than Wilder.

They both probably got at least a couple of fights before they get to each other. Right now it's a tough call but those fights could be very telling.

I'd say 60/40 to Josh purely because he is the better boxer, and he's still getting better. The reality is though it's who lands that big shot first.

I don't want to wait for this fight, there is no reason why it can't happen now and it is easily the most exciting fight in the division, or either of these guys vs Haye (if he is not on the slide after his time out). Both of these fellas have a long list of mugs on their record and they hold half of the world titles on offer so no need to wait another 1/2/3 years for the fight

Wilder keeps him at the end of his jab and hits him with something nasty with the right.

I don't want to wait for this fight, there is no reason why it can't happen now and it is easily the most exciting fight in the division, or either of these guys vs Haye (if he is not on the slide after his time out). Both of these fellas have a long list of mugs on their record and they hold half of the world titles on offer so no need to wait another 1/2/3 years for the fight
They are trying to set up AJ with Parker first. I don't blame them to be honest because it's probably an easier fight but will still be huge in the UK. Then it gives them an even better place to move on to.

A straight punch always beats a looping one.

Joshua KOs Wilder as he opens up and tries to bang.

Wilder is sweating and looks confused while Joshua looks calm and smiling ,he even is sporting head phones .Joshua for the win the pics tell all .

Joshua due to being a cleaner puncher. Wilder still needs to develop his technique, Joshua for a big man has beautiful punching technique. But wilder has BIG power as well could go either way but I'd lean towards joshua.

Hes stiff but hes also a monsterous human being. Dont see guys that size that are fluid really.

Hes also more fundamentally sound than Wilder.

Dammit Mr PUO you were almost there. I could almost taste your mind but you didn't summon the apex of your gifts.

Seems about right imo.

Deontay's resume has a lot of cans at the bottom, but if they hadn't done that he would've been looking at Ls. All in all I think his career has been managed well. He stepped up with Bermain, now it's time to step up again. Joshua's a talented guy who will give Wilder a look he hasn't seen.

both of them are untested, but they may not be tested as the division is pretty shallow

i'd like to see them fight soon, and i have a feeling it may be a giant fight in a year or two, one of the American companies have just signed Joshua up for TV, and he will impress and build a following if they promote him

it will be a big fight, even if it between two fighters who perhaps may not be the best in their division

Back