Anthony Joshua gives advice to UFC fighters calling him out; explains why "they are lost" (timestamp

pwforgotlolol

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
"I'm just becoming my own in the sport.Let me master what I'm trying to achieve first. I don't take boxing for a game. The other guys calling me out, I think they're lost."

giphy.gif

That was before the Ruiz fight

I think he was talking about Stipe

I think out of the big 3 Joshua would be best suited for UFC-fighting, cause he has massive legs that could benefit him in taking legkicks and defending takedowns. He of course would have the biggest ko-power, fastest, most precise hands, and best technique in the devision by a mile. But its smarter to stick to boxing anyway. More money, and a legacy he can build on.

Mma fighters have no business savvy. Joshua is a multi millionaire, and he can make more millions boxing real pros.

Why would he box some can mma heavyweight? It's less money for him, and he still has plenty of big fights in boxing. And hardly anyone would tune in.

McGregor approached Mayweather with the offer at the best possible time. End of his career, low risk for Mayweather, and Conor brought more fans and sales.

Meanwhile, you got people like Stipe calling out boxers. Dude, you literally bring nothing to the table, why would they waste their time with you? Canelo was right, it's just mindless greed talking. They want a payday, don't even care if it makes sense.

He is terrified of Stipe. He just lost to a fat can.

says he wants to "master boxing before starting another sport."

I am humbly impressed. Respect!

MMA fighters who think they could beat a top boxer at boxing are delusional.

It doesn't happen with other sports.

The rugby world cup was just on. Rugby has a lot in common with American Football. Some rugby players have tried to move to NFL sides but to do it they've joined practice squads and tried to make a side that way. If they were doing what the MMA guys are trying they'd play rugby one week, do 3 months of NFL training and start for a side playing in the Super Bowl.

Ruiz will get knocked out in the rematch, he's just Hasim Rahman/Oliver McCall/Buster Douglas. In boxing terms their wins were a surprise but they were still top 5-10 boxers and not complete novices who've never boxed.

Ruiz looked like fedor beating up someone in pride

If you ignore his body shape and colour, you would think it was Clubber Lang from Rocky 3!!

I am seriously looking forward to the rematch and i'm seriously on the fence to who I think is going to win!

MMA fighters who think they could beat a top boxer at boxing are delusional.

It doesn't happen with other sports.

The rugby world cup was just on. Rugby has a lot in common with American Football. Some rugby players have tried to move to NFL sides but to do it they've joined practice squads and tried to make a side that way. If they were doing what the MMA guys are trying they'd play rugby one week, do 3 months of NFL training and start for a side playing in the Super Bowl.

Ruiz will get knocked out in the rematch, he's just Hasim Rahman/Oliver McCall/Buster Douglas. In boxing terms their wins were a surprise but they were still top 5-10 boxers and not complete novices who've never boxed.

Comparing Ruiz to Buster Douglas is fucking ridiculous. Ruiz doesn't have great footwork but he'll get up in your face and has deceptively fast hands. A guy like Fury who uses his reach well would toy with Ruiz, but Joshua never fights behind his jab and has always had a questionable chin.

It's ridiculous that to some people if they don't know you then you're a can. If Anthony Ruiz was a can then he wouldn't have knocked Joshua out. Ruiz is a professional boxer with one loss on his record and proved that he deserved to be in the ring with Joshua. Everyone was an unknown fighter until they did something to be known.

He was a hugely decorated amateur as well and completely slept on by everyone. I called Ruiz to win. Unfortunately I was broke at the time to bet. Ruiz is as legit as it gets and he has more experience fighting taller guys than anyone currently in the division
It's ridiculous that to some people if they don't know you then you're a can. If Anthony Ruiz was a can then he wouldn't have knocked Joshua out. Ruiz is a professional boxer with one loss on his record and proved that he deserved to be in the ring with Joshua. Everyone was an unknown fighter until they did something to be known.

Back