News Anthony Joshua gets 85% of event profits when he fights

I have a hard time believing all the fighters on a card are making 10% of event profits combined. For example:
UFC 200 did a total gate of $10.7 million dollars and 1 million buy rate at $65 a head. So that's 75.7 million earned.

Fighter payouts went as follows:
Amanda Nunes ($100,000 + no win bonus = $100,000) def. Miesha Tate ($500,000)
Brock Lesnar ($2,500,000 + no win bonus = $2,500,000) def. Mark Hunt ($700,000)
Daniel Cormier ($500,000 + no win bonus = $500,000) def. Anderson Silva ($600,000)
Jose Aldo ($400,000 + $100,000 = $500,000) def. Frankie Edgar ($190,000)
Cain Velasquez ($300,000 + no win bonus = $300,000) def. Travis Browne ($120,000)

Julianna Pena ($32,000 + $32,000 = $64,000) def. Cat Zingano ($35,000)
Kelvin Gastelum ($53,000 + $33,000 = $83,000)* def. Johny Hendricks ($80,000)*
T.J. Dillashaw ($25,000 + $25,000 = $50,000) def. Raphael Assuncao ($42,000)
Sage Northcutt ($50,000 + $50,000 = $100,000) def. Enrique Marin ($13,000)

Joe Lauzon ($54,000 + $54,000 = $108,000) def. Diego Sanchez ($80,000)
Gegard Mousasi ($75,000 + $35,000 = $110,000) def. Thiago Santos ($28,000)
Jim Miller ($59,000 + $59,000 = $118,000) def. Takanori Gomi ($55,000)

*Hendricks surrendered 20-percent of his purse for missing weight
That's a disclosed total payroll of $6,979,000.

That's a combined total of 9.2% for some of the biggest stars in MMA at the time.
Imagine what it's like with headliners that don't get paid.

nunes made more money than some nfl players

lol

In a feature article published on ESPN, Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn revealed that “besides millions from his endorsements, including deals with apparel, sports drinks and aftershave companies, he is making no less than $20 million per fight.”

Anyone have an idea of what UFC fighters are getting? I doubt it’s even higher than 10%

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/5/...a-pay-per-view-profits-85-percent-boxing-news

10-15% but without conor its even worse.

that would be 2 - 3 million dollars today.

its ridiculous how much money Ali and Tyson could have made in this era.

This makes all the abortive negotiating that is going on today even more pathetic.

But Tyson made quite a few bucks. He just managed to lose all of it someone. He was controlled from the outside, similar to Deontay.

Guy. Nevada does not tax corporate income. It doesn't exist. The UFC is a Nevada based company.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/aug/07/pro-athletes-income-tax-nevada-savings/

Yes there are taxes that every corporation has federally, but the company being based out of Nevada is massive. There's so many things the UFC doesn't have to disclose to anybody, including the government, depending on where the fight happens. There's a reason why so many major sports company's are based out of Nevada, Florida, Texas, and Washington. There's a reason gambling takes place in Nevada. And it's not the weather.
I don’t even.....

Again the idea that Ppv points are cash payments off the books is literally absurd. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Not disclosed to commission does not equal under the table payments. You’re very misinformed.

The 85/15 split is of profits, not gross takings, so presumably after event costs, undercard payments, trainer fees etc

15% is a pretty standard agents fee in other businesses

Meh, hard to believe.

I don’t even.....

Again the idea that Ppv points are cash payments off the books is literally absurd. You don’t know what you’re talking about. Not disclosed to commission does not equal under the table payments. You’re very misinformed.
Yeah, pretty sure Manny Pacquiao refused to fight in the US for a little bit because of the taxes from his payout on the Mayweather fight

That's why in all of his events the undercards are very poor and lop-sided.

In a feature article published on ESPN, Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn revealed that “besides millions from his endorsements, including deals with apparel, sports drinks and aftershave companies, he is making no less than $20 million per fight.”

Anyone have an idea of what UFC fighters are getting? I doubt it’s even higher than 10%

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/5/...a-pay-per-view-profits-85-percent-boxing-news

i posted this. 15 mill offered for Wilder. do the math. 15 mill and 85% so, 85mill likely plus ppv buys.

Yeah, pretty sure Manny Pacquiao refused to fight in the US for a little bit because of the taxes from his payout on the Mayweather fight
he still did and in big fights. AJ needs a two fight deal vs Wilder UK and USA with a contingency of a rubber match if....?

srfgs;arhga;pohrlgar

I still think it’s unfair that certain fighters get paid more than their rival; even if they lost; they made more money than the winner... that should be revised...

Yeah, thats why Dana is rich while some fighters are broke.

I see why he's ducking Wilder. Shieed.

You do know they offered wilder more money than he’s ever been paid, with rematch clauses that would have gotten him paid more right? Even he 3 fight DAZN deal was worth far more than what he has now.

AJ makes 20 mill+ fighting anyone, if he was ducking him, why would they offer Deontae a fight, let alone keep improving offers?

You should probably pipe down. Clown.

Aren't the PPV points payouts substantially higher than the disclosed payouts? Enough to substantially cut into the UFC's profits

Back