*Anthony Johnson Vs Glover Teixeira: Who gets it and how?*

Remember what Maldonado did to Glover?

You mean getting beaten to a bloody pulp and in the middle of it landing one good punch that rocked Glover for a little while? Yes, I do.

I'm not saying Glover will win. I think the most likely outcome is Rumble by TKO in the first, but bringing up the Maldonado fight does not change the analysis imo.

This is a tough one, but I could actually see a (smart) glover taking a wrestling based decision. What he really needs to do is get inside and either tie rumble up or take him down; the first round is easily his most dangerous in this one. Should be fun to watch. Glover unfortunately isn't that fast so that does count against him.

Glover by sub. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a hard time with Rumble at first, but AJ always gasses so Glover will capitalize and win.

I favor Rumble by KO because he is younger and faster, but Glover could win, and at -300, he might be worth putting some money on.

I'm finding it strangely difficult to imagine Glover being knocked out. I know he has been rocked a few times (Fabio, Bader, OSP), but the guy is tough as nails. I guess I will go with Glover as my "heart" pick and Rumble as my "head" pick.

Glover by sub if he is smart.

If he tries to trade, Rumble by KO/TKO.

This is one of the best lhw match ups in awhile, both guys have huge power and don't get finished by strikes often. I think Glover takes it via decision but it wouldn't surprise me if Rumble gets the KO.

I got Glover by sub in round 3

I think Rumble via KO round 1 but if it goes longer Glover can give him all he can handle in the ground.

I expect a grappling heavy approach by Glover and we all know what Rumble brings to the table.

Hard to say. Obviously it will be most likely whoever gets through first. The later it goes, the better I favor Glover. I think rumble will have the advantage in the opening minutes.

Great fight and tough to pick.

Picks are further muddled these days by USADA. Who the hell knows what these guys are going to look like?

Is the fight 5 rounds or 3 now? Either way, Rumble by KO is the most likely outcome, but 25 minues definitely benefits Glover.

Power: Rumble
Boxing:Rumble
Defense: Rumble
Footwork: Rumble
Head movement: Rumble
Wrestling: Rumble
Kicks: Rumble
Strength: Rumble

BJJ: Texeira, but he won't be able to use it
Stamina: Only 3 rounds, right? So no problem for Rumble

Rumble faster than TW/RL but longer than McGregor/Aldo

Only reason some people are picking Glover is because underdog upsets are so common these days.

Rumble by KO inside 2 rounds or maybe decision, depending on Glovers gameplan

Both got 15 TKO/KO on their resumes.

Glover has lost just two decisions, against Phil Davis and Jon Jones, since 2005.

Who gets it and how?

How good are both guys' chins? What are the chances of this fight going the distance?
That's an excellent question because as soon as I read it I thought, I haven't got the slightest fookin' clue how that fight would go but I would surely love to see it. I think it would be a helluva close matchup and could go either way.

I got glover if he comes in peak condition. If he can weather the crazy storm in round 1 then he's got it in the bag.

Back