*Anthony Johnson Vs Glover Teixeira: Who gets it and how?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
Both got 15 TKO/KO on their resumes.

Glover has lost just two decisions, against Phil Davis and Jon Jones, since 2005.

Who gets it and how?

How good are both guys' chins? What are the chances of this fight going the distance?

There's another thread on the front page where Firas says Conor is a bully fighter and gassed because Nate didn't back down. Sounds exactly what happens to Anthony Johnson.

Glover TKO 2.

I don't want to see Cormier Vs Rumble again so.

I'll go with Glover. (ko 2)

I have Glover by KO in round 2. I think his boxing is much more technical. Rumble definitely has the power advantage and uses pressure and intimidation very well.

If Glover comes into the fight timid he's going to get KO'd real quick but if he makes Rumble pay for trying to move in I think he will do well.

Rumble by KO first round

Power: Rumble
Boxing:Rumble
Defense: Rumble
Footwork: Rumble
Head movement: Rumble
Wrestling: Rumble
Kicks: Rumble
Strength: Rumble

BJJ: Texeira, but he won't be able to use it
Stamina: Only 3 rounds, right? So no problem for Rumble

Johnson swings wild from the outside but Glover stays composed in the pocket and has good counterpunching with ko power so when Anthony gets aggressive trying to overwhelm him with punches I think Glover lands a clean shot and drops Johnson then either chokes him out or TKO's him.

I think chin will be the deciding factor and I don't think Glover's chin will hold up against Rumbles power.

They both hit crazy hard so a ko form either side wouldn't be surprising but I think a Rumble win is more likely.

Here's how I see it going down:

200.gif

Johnson rips his head off, round 1.

rumble UD or Glover by sub/Gnp. im not seeing rumble stoping glover but i think he can best him for a 3 round decision

50-50. Really close one to call.

War Glover !

They're both extremely dangerous

If this was a 5 round fight I would've picked Glover.

Glover isn't going to try to grapple with a fresh Anthony Johnson especially after Bader got decimated after trying to do so.

Rumble will tko/ko Glover within 2 rounds is my guess.
Should he and Gustafsson both win they could have a rematch for the shot against DC.

Rumble is about 75% favorite and there is about 60% chance he wins by KO inside 1-2 rounds.

Then again, we might see USADA Rumble this time, and maybe USADA Glover, so who knows..

Tough one. Both big, strong, hard-hitting heavyweights. Glover's boxing is probably a little better technically, but Johnson is faster and has good high kicks, giving him a bit more variety in his offence. He could put Glover away if he connects early -- we've seen Glover rocked before.

Yes, Glover is a grittier fighter and doesn't seem to wear down mentally like Johnson does, but we have seen Johnson go the distance successfully (Phil Davis).

All in all, I'll plump for Johnson, mainly because I think Glover has lost too much size to be successful against someone who hits as hard as he does and is also probably stronger than him.

Doesn't play into Glover's style well.

Last edited:
Power: Rumble
Boxing:Rumble
Defense: Rumble
Footwork: Rumble
Head movement: Rumble
Wrestling: Rumble
Kicks: Rumble
Strength: Rumble

BJJ: Texeira, but he won't be able to use it
Stamina: Only 3 rounds, right? So no problem for Rumble
Rumble via black privilege

People seem to forget Glover versus Rampage. Glover will grind him down through mixing up striking with grappling, he's not going to trade with Rumble.

Back