Anthony Johnson says a fight with Jon Jones is 'just not gonna happen'

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/1...y-johnson-says-a-fight-with-jon-jones-is-just

"It's just not gonna happen -- at this point, I know it's not gonna happen. It is what it is. I'm moving forward. Everybody is moving forward. I'm still shooting high and trying to do what I can in this sport. I'm not focused on Jon anymore. And I can tell you Daniel Cormier, Glover -- they're not focused on Jon, either. Nobody in this division is focused on Jon anymore. That's a fact."

"I ain't trying to fight until I'm 35. I'm trying to make my money and go on to something different -- do bigger and better things with my life. Hell, I don't want to get punched in the head that damn much. I've got other things I want to do."

If only Sherdog would forget about Jon Jones. World class fuckup.

rumble dodged a bullet. jones would have humiliated him

NO ONE can count on Bones to even make it to the dang cage anymore.

The dude is just a perpetual trainwreck.

Who is this Jon Jones guy they're talking about? Some young prospect? Feed him to Sage

rumble dodged a bullet. jones would have humiliated him
YES YOU'RE RIGHT
Margaritostatement-1.jpg

What punches did you take so far Johnson? The one time you took a few against a dangerous puncher you panic wrestled against Vitor. He's showing what a bully with no heart he is once again with this statement.

Its likely true. Two years is an eternity in MMA, how quickly the sport moves along.

Rumble is 32 so he very well may be fighting when Jones returns in two years, but who knows what level either of them will be at, and what the landscape looks like at 205lbs then.

What punches did you take so far Johnson? The one time you took a few against a dangerous puncher you panic wrestled against Vitor. He's showing what a bully with no heart he is once again with this statement.

Dude what are you talking about?

Read his comment in context, he's saying he doesn't want to be 35 still fighting because he's already got nearly 30 fights, he's saying he doesn't want brain damage.

Dude what are you talking about?

Read his comment in context, he's saying he doesn't want to be 35 still fighting because he's already got nearly 30 fights, he's saying he doesn't want brain damage.

There are almost no fighters with his mileage who have taken less head trauma than him. For him of all people to be so worried about it shows you that he cannot take any shots himself though he loves to dish it out. Bully.

Damn. So, I gathered that AJ doesn't think he's going to be fighting for much longer. At least not long enough to fight JBJ if he gets suspended for the full amount of time.

Hope that isn't true; I want like ten more years of Rumble - spanning across LHW, HW and SHW.

That really sucks, I thought Rumble had the tools to MAYBE beat Jon. That KO power alone makes the fight interesting. Smh at Jones not learning his lessons in life.

There are almost no fighters with his mileage who have taken less head trauma than him. For him of all people to be so worried about it shows you that he cannot take any shots himself though he loves to dish it out. Bully.
???

Back