Anthony Bourdain kills himself

He was a mang who knew too much.

They are dropping like flies this week.

I don’t get this one at all...

According to CNN, he hung himself in his hotel room in France. He was filming the latest episode of "Parts Unknown". No other details are given.
I love the guys work, a cool character and great shows.

A damn shame IMO. Dude offered some fine cultural insights to the masses.

I have no disdain for Bourdain!

May he rest in peace!

Fame and money are no guarantee of happiness or stability. While I can't say I cared about Bourdain one way or the other its a shame that he apparently felt this was his final option to deal with whatever burden he was carrying.

Damn this sucks. He was an interesting personality and had enjoyable moments. Probably had a lot of demons that he just couldn't escape. RiP

WTF are you serious?! I always liked his shows, seemed like a cool guy.

Did not know he was suffering from depression

Life sucks boys

Sooner you realize that the better off you will be

This sucks, he had a very interesting outlook on things and I enjoyed watching his culinary adventures.

He had one of the best jobs in the world.
He was rich and famous
He was critically acclaimed both by the public and his peers
He had a beautiful wife, along with a kid.

Yet he still topped himself.

Happiness is a really hard thing to figure out. Some people can be perceived to have everything and still feel like their lives are not worth living.

Not too hard to get.

It's a safe bet he was dealing with things that he didn't let the public know about and couldn't take it any ore. There have been enough suicides out there that we know this now

The problem is that his projected image was of a rock star life style that a lot of people here idolized.

According to CNN, he hung himself in his hotel room in France. He was filming the latest episode of "Parts Unknown". No other details are given.
I love the guys work, a cool character and great shows.

A damn shame IMO. Dude offered some fine cultural insights to the masses.

Celebrity deaths don’t bother me. This one does. He was, without a doubt, my “I if you could have dinner with anybody.” guy.

Wow first Kate spade and now Anthony bourdaine. Depression affects everyone no matter how rich successful you are

I can’t even imagine what demons he must have dealt with.

Talk about a dream job.

Back