Ante Delija joins pfl

I'm anxious to see what the tournament fields looks like next season. Are they going to do a series of qualifying matches to see who gets in?

I'm anxious to see what the tournament fields looks like next season. Are they going to do a series of qualifying matches to see who gets in?
No. The full rosters are supposed to get announced later this month, from 2020 on the field will be expanded to 16 per division

No. The full rosters are supposed to get announced later this month, from 2020 on the field will be expanded to 16 per division
Ok, and when does the next season begin? August?

Cro Cop team rocks...It has to be one of the best hw camps in the world

49213286_2319869251391092_3569909192175124480_n.jpg

So it seems RIZIN gave up on HWs, because Jairzinho signed with UFC. I wonder where Andrey Kovalev and Prasel will land at. Hopefully ACA or Bellator.
What do they do in the meantime? Do they just sit idly until May? Or do they have a couple of cards featuring showcase fights?
Vacation, i guess? Not sure. It's a season-driven format, so i'd imagine they have a break, and they should.

So it seems RIZIN gave up on HWs, because Jairzinho signed with UFC. I wonder where Andrey Kovalev and Prasel will land at. Hopefully ACA or Bellator.

Vacation, i guess? Not sure. It's a season-driven format, so i'd imagine they have a break, and they should.
Idk how that keeps their momentum going though. They already don't have much, then they take off for half a year and suddenly people care even less. They should at least do what RIZIN does and have one card to bridge the gap.

Idk how that keeps their momentum going though. They already don't have much, then they take off for half a year and suddenly people care even less. They should at least do what RIZIN does and have one card to bridge the gap.
Well their break will be actually 4 months, i think it's a good idea for the product.
Then in late April will be a lot of talk about the upcoming match ups and i'm sure the 2nd season will be more hyped, specially because i expect the roster to be better, higher lv fighters. People didn't gave much attention to PFL because many thought it was bullshit, there was no way these checks would be legit. Well, it appears so. War PFL.

Well their break will be actually 4 months, i think it's a good idea for the product.
Then in late April will be a lot of talk about the upcoming match ups and i'm sure the 2nd season will be more hyped, specially because i expect the roster to be better, higher lv fighters. People didn't gave much attention to PFL because many thought it was bullshit, there no way these checks would be legit. Well, it appears so. War PFL.
I hope they continue doing well and moving forward, but I just think the break hurts them. But maybe the brass will use that time to figure out better ways to market the product. I think a lot of the problem is that, outside of people like us, no one knows they exist.

I hope they continue doing well and moving forward, but I just think the break hurts them. But maybe the brass will use that time to figure out better ways to market the product. I think a lot of the problem is that, outside of people like us, no one knows they exist.

Why will it hurt them? It's their model - many intensed fights in the second half of the year.
Don't forget, they'll be more than 8 in each division and will have to be as active and aggressive in the beginning of the season to get into the tourney.

Their model is different from regular MMA - and you know what? Different is good nowadays.
BTW another good reason for that - is that they will be able to gather as many fighters who wish to participate as possible.

Cro Cop team rocks...It has to be one of the best hw camps in the world

49213286_2319869251391092_3569909192175124480_n.jpg
Damn what a team!!

Stosic (UFC), Drews (boxing coach, former WBA champ), Mirko (Rizin/Bellator), Ishii (PFL), Milinkovic (GMC), Delija (Rizin/PFL)

Why will it hurt them? It's their model - many intensed fights in the second half of the year.
Don't forget, they'll be more than 8 in each division and will have to be as active and aggressive in the beginning of the season to get into the tourney.

Their model is different from regular MMA - and you know what? Different is good nowadays.
BTW another good reason for that - is that they will be able to gather as many fighters who wish to participate as possible.
I just think that attention spans are noticeably shorter these days, that's been proven as fact, so if you're not constantly in people's minds that you'll be forgotten.

But, the UFC has a card every weekend now and they're not selling either, so what do I know? I just tend to believe that if the top org has that many shows and people don't watch that it hurts a lesser org to go so long without a show.

Hopefully though, the time off does allow them to grab a better field than they had last season. Maybe some good fighters leave other orgs during that time and sign for the chance at a million. But, if like Lopez said, they're unveiling the field later this month, that doesn't leave any time to wait for other fighters to sign. I think star power is an undeniable issue for them. They need more than Kayla, and she is basically unknown to the ones who matter (everyone who isn't us).

I just think that attention spans are noticeably shorter these days, that's been proven as fact, so if you're not constantly in people's minds that you'll be forgotten.

But, the UFC has a card every weekend now and they're not selling either, so what do I know? I just tend to believe that if the top org has that many shows and people don't watch that it hurts a lesser org to go so long without a show.

Hopefully though, the time off does allow them to grab a better field than they had last season. Maybe some good fighters leave other orgs during that time and sign for the chance at a million. But, if like Lopez said, they're unveiling the field later this month, that doesn't leave any time to wait for other fighters to sign. I think star power is an undeniable issue for them. They need more than Kayla, and she is basically unknown to the ones who matter (everyone who isn't us).

I'm not sure if consistensy of events is something that will help them. At this point, at least.
They will be forgotten , surely - but when they announce their new season, and when they show some new "acquisition" - the interest will return and even raise.

At this point of careers, even fighters like Frankie Edgar and RDA (yes, this calibre!) would benefit in signing with PFL , in case their contracts are up this year.
For them it would be significant salary raise, because their road to the title and a million will be almost guaranteed.

I'm not sure if consistensy of events is something that will help them. At this point, at least.
They will be forgotten , surely - but when they announce their new season, and when they show some new "acquisition" - the interest will return and even raise.

At this point of careers, even fighters like Frankie Edgar and RDA (yes, this calibre!) would benefit in signing with PFL , in case their contracts are up this year.
For them it would be significant salary raise, because their road to the title and a million will be almost guaranteed.
I guess it seems like they're playing the long game, which, if that's the case, they'll sign some top guys eventually. At least top names like those you stated. Maybe even some younger guys who went to the UFC too soon and need to regroup elsewhere.

I've always liked the idea of what they're doing. What they're doing now is what the original WSOF was supposed to have been (I made a thread about WSOF around six months to a year before it's first card, and they never ended up doing any of the things they said they'd do, namely the tournies). I just think that it might benefit them to do some things differently, like splitting up the tournies and having half in the winter/spring and the other half in the summer/fall, and a huge NYE event featuring all of the winners. Maybe even add a couple of weight classes to make more tournies for each half of the year. Or doing a women's circuit in the first half and men's in the last half. Idk.

Of course, in the end, it doesn't really matter to me that much how they handle things, bc, if I can I will watch. But I also want them to he able to continue on and even have cards at all, and I just don't think that any MMA org can be successful without cards throughout the year in this day.

Nothing lol!!

The “season” runs from May to December
How many fighters in each field even make it to the first fight? Are they allowed to fight elsewhere until the season starts? Idk if I'd want to not make money until the chance to make a million comes around.

How many fighters in each field even make it to the first fight? Are they allowed to fight elsewhere until the season starts? Idk if I'd want to not make money until the chance to make a million comes around.
they're paid for their fights during the regular season

They get paid for individual fights.

No, if you are signed for the season you cannot fight elsewhere until you are aliminated, but not before that.

Back