red-tide.jpg

California:
181111083815-58-california-wildfires-1111-large-169.jpg

Puerto Rico:
workwr-wcarembeddedimage4-834x625.jpeg

Houston:
hurricane-harvey-pol-ml-170830_16x9_992.jpg

The Atlantic Ocean:
PHOTO-GOES%2016%20full%20disk%20image%20of%20hurricanes%20Katia%2C%20Irma%20and%20Jose%20captured%20September%208%202017-NOAA%20-%201125x534-%20Landscape.jpg
who cares!? Palm trees in Canada.

You forgot to mention how there was a massive die off of ocean life because of ocean acidification and temperatures increasing in equatorial regions.
I'm not an ocean life. I'm a primate. And by your own evidence, primates thrived during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum.

Yup.

More land, and more arable land and more bountiful resources (lumber, etc) have been present during these warmer cycles such as the Climate Optimum period. Northern Canada, Russia and China will gain far more land than will likely be lost in all coastal cities.

The big problem is we have evolved to be very possessive of our borders and people with roots and investments in property do not want to be forced to move and start over. And I get that. But the planets natural cycles don't care about that. And people demanding gov't protect them from such changes won't make the planets natural cycles listen.

All that said man should be aware of how we impact the natural cycles (accelerate and decelerate) as those time frames may or may not be impactful.
I'm all in favor of increasing my awareness if you would like to contribute.

I don't think it is about making it personally responsible. I.E. a culture of shaming each other into recycling and buying organic.

The issue is bigger. We have to change the idea that capitalism is the final form of civilization itself.

Not because of any idealistic reasons but because we can't have an exponential growth model in a finite world.

It is just that simple.

Which means:

CAPITALISM IS AN UNSUSTAINABLE UTOPIAN FANTASY.

{<redford}

what @no fat chicks doesn't seem to understand is you only care about not having to go to cuba for palm trees anymore.
My doomsday scenarios (most likely a return to the glacial period in less than 10 thousand years and less likely a return to beneficial Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum conditions) are more realistic than your doomsday scenario.

My doomsday scenarios (most likely a return to the glacial period in less than 10 thousand years and less likely a return to beneficial Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum conditions) are more realistic than your doomsday scenario.
MY DAD CAN BEAT UP YOUR DAD!
<NightKingBringIt>

The good thing is Florida will shrink.

Well, Los Angeles, your water issue will soon be solved.

Yup. Here and Here.

i will quiz you later to make sure you are getting enough out of them.
I would like to ask you a question from your wikipedia link on the Little Ice Age. Because a change in temperature trend can be explained by a change from measuring apples to measuring oranges, can you find a single temperature record that includes both the Medieval Warm period and the Industrial Age?

From your link:
300px-2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

The dark line does not encompass both periods, but the red line could, and the red line shows it to be warmer in the Medieval Warm Period.

I would like to ask you a question from your wikipedia link on the Little Ice Age. Because a change in temperature trend can be explained by a change from measuring apples to measuring oranges, can you find a single temperature record that includes both the Medieval Warm period and the Industrial Age?

From your link:
300px-2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

The dark line does not encompass both periods, but the red line could, and the red line shows it to be warmer in the Medieval Warm Period.
Not sure what you are asking.

Are you trying to discern if indeed the climate and planet was warmer in the Medieval Warm Period than it is during today and the Industrial age and that is not just being measured in different ways (apples and oranges)?

Back