Another take at Khabib vs Tibau fight

Tibau outstruck him, stuffed him 20 times, took him down twice.

While Khabib held the cage to hold Tibau against it.

Literal robbery.
The difference in sig strikes was 3. That difference is marginal at best. Tibau stuffed 13, not 20, and only 1 TD was scored because Khabib popped up before Tibau could get dominant position.

Khabib landed a few hard flurries in the clinch, cut Tibau, and was the constant aggressor.

29-28 Khabib is fair.

Who cares? Khabib won.

Tibau was roided up and Khabib was a young kid.

Not to mention Tibau had like a 92% TDD defense rate, the best in the game.

Khabib-Tibau is the new Fedor-Arona.

BTW Tibau totally won. I'm seeing a lot of 'Tibau did nothing but defend in that fight', here's a few points that address that:
1. Tibau outlanded Khabib.
2. Tibau landed more takedowns than Khabib.
3. Just because you're a fan of a fighter doesn't mean you should excuse shitty judging.
4. Khabib was young, he's better now.

The difference in sig strikes was 3. That difference is marginal at best. Tibau stuffed 13, not 20, and only 1 TD was scored because Khabib popped up before Tibau could get dominant position.

Khabib landed a few hard flurries in the clinch, cut Tibau, and was the constant aggressor.

29-28 Khabib is fair.
I exaggerated with the 20.

They probably counted khabib’s blocked windmilling as strikes, watching the fight it was glaringly obvious who won the stand up.

As Cormier said during the MM/Cejudo fight, those takedowns count, whether you pop back up or get flattened on your face like Khabib did. Tibau took him down, Khabib couldn’t. Tibau obviously outstruck him. Khabib only outhugged him.

Khabib won that fight, was the more agressive fighter and controled the fight. Judges got it right. Which is unusual when its a 30..27, 30..27 for one fighter and a 30 27 for the other usually. There always seems go be a judge eho calls it totally wrong. Not the case in this fight for once.

only mma casuals, normies glancing at the tv at a bar, retards or khabib haters would say tibau won that fight. Learn how the sport works and stfu. Tibau did absolutely nothing but defend. Do you dorks even listen when they read off the "rules of the octagon" before every UFC? I've heard it so much I can recite it by memory. "Scoring is based on effective striking AND grappling, followed by aggression and octagon control."

defense is good but offense scores more points, even if said offense is stymied by aforementioned defense.

sorry kids your boy lost and would eventually pop for peds

Khabib did nothing in that fight but hold on for dear life.

Tibau outstruck him easily.

Daylight robbery.

All I remember from that fight is that Tibau didn't do nothing than stuff the takedowns, like someone said.
Khabib was constantly the aggresor. The stand-up was a joke from both parts, mostly no real significant strikes.

Weak fight and a close one...
Those who say Khabib lost all three rounds are seriously on drugs and not the fun ones....
And I don't even like the muslim.

I exaggerated with the 20.

They probably counted khabib’s blocked windmilling as strikes, watching the fight it was glaringly obvious who won the stand up.

As Cormier said during the MM/Cejudo fight, those takedowns count, whether you pop back up or get flattened on your face like Khabib did. Tibau took him down, Khabib couldn’t. Tibau obviously outstruck him. Khabib only outhugged him.
DC is wrong in terms of actually scoring. It counts for control but they don't score if you don't get dominant position. It's how it has always worked.

Khabib did more visible damage especially in the clinch where he cut him and landed multiple flurries per round. Tibau had small bursts of offense but would never land more than 2 sig strikes than Khabib in a single round.

It all came down to control and aggression which was easily Khabib.

I gave Tibau round 2. Round 1 was clearly Khabib. Round 3 was close but Khabib landed the harder shots. At worst it was a draw

Conor fanboys now holding Tibau's balls,
how will Tibau help you when Khabib beats the shit out of Conor

Back