Crime Another sunni Muslim terror attack :UPDATE NEW ATTACK 5/9

Masjid Nawaz is an Islamic reformer who spent time in an Egyptian jail for being an extremist Muslim. He got out and formed Quilliam, a Muslim think tank looking to curb extremism and secularize Islam.

The reaction? Deemed and ant-muslim extremist by the SPLC and under constant death threats by those who share his faith. Yeah, our definition of "reform" is an uphill battle, meanwhile Salafists and Wahhabi Muslims are sponsored by SA and are also movements to reform Islam. Reform it to the first 3 generations of Islam following old Moe's death, that is. Lovely, right? A return to 7th century mores and lifestyle. Crazy shit if you ask me.

If Islam would secularized and liberalized more like no encouriging women to cover hair would you convert to Islam so you could have legal polygamy?

I think Islam can be a very fun religion flying carpets and horses and stuf so exciting!!!
And they still got Jesus which I think is cool as a former Catholic I can appreciate some of Christs work!!

And he turned Water into booze because Prohibition sucks!

But Pontious Pilate and his Mafia saw it as a threat to their bootlegging of Canadian moon shine so he was gun downed

Last edited:
If Islam would secukarized

Islam doesnt need to secularize. The Islamic world needs to reign in the hardliners. This is difficult to do because they are largely reactionary movements against enforced dictatorships and foreign occupation.

Islam doesnt need to secularize. The Islamic world needs to reign in the hardliners. This is difficult to do because they are largely reactionary movements against enforced dictatorships and foreign occupation.
Bullshit

But must go to war with iran

We need more Nawazs and people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali. They are still Muslim but understand that Islam needs to be reformed much like Christianity went through. The big issue though is that the Holy Bible contains a lot of allegory, is written by different authors and is seen by a lot of people as a guidebook.
No offense but this shows how little you know. Ayaan Hirsi Ali hasn't been a Muslim for over a decade and a half. She is explicitly anti-Islam, is this really the best reformer of the faith? Come on, get real.

Maaijd is the one who complains about lists but was the one sending one to the government in secret. Funny how the two examples of Muslim reformers are an ex-Muslim and an informant(i.e. terrorist snitch like Ali).

Even as a Sunni I have to admit that @Happy Man is right, Shiites seem far less prone to spontaneous lone wolf terrorism when compared to Sunnis. Sure there are Shiite terrorists but they are more like traditional terrorists groups with a hierarchical command structure like the IRA or FARC and so on. Doctrinal differences aside for a minute, in general Shiite fundamentalism seems to have a certain vertical authority structure that doesn't lend itself to self radicalization as much. Iranian communities in the West are pretty well integrated compared to other Muslims too.

Even as a Sunni I have to admit that @Happy Man is right, Shiites seem far less prone to spontaneous lone wolf terrorism when compared to Sunnis. Sure there are Shiite terrorists but they are more like traditional terrorists groups with a hierarchical command structure like the IRA or FARC and so on. Doctrinal differences aside for a minute, in general Shiite fundamentalism seems to have a certain vertical authority structure that doesn't lend itself to self radicalization as much. Iranian communities in the West are pretty well integrated compared to other Muslims too.

I’d argue that the IRA wasn’t/isn’t a terror group, or we’d have to call our American Revolution fighters and supporters terrorists as well.

when I think of sunni and Shia, it’s simple for me. If I ended up in Shia lands, The Shia wouldnt have a problem that I’m a white catholic American. They’d feed me, and tell me if I could tell my people to either help them, or at very least leave them alone. And theyd do what they can to keep me safe.

Sunni Arabs on the other hand if I ended up in their lands, I’d have a high chance of getting my head sawed off to chants of God is great.

its night and day

Back