ANOTHER Ronda Interview on ELLEN...how times (and physics) change!

Could it be the fighters punch harder with boxing gloves because of the decreased risk of injury to the hands? How often do boxers/MMA fighters incur hand injuries?
Possible but I don´t think so.. A boxing glove obviously protects the hand more but it its still easy to hurt your hands. A lot of boxers frequently fracture their hands during fights, Mayweather J and Arturo Gatti come to mind. If I remember correctly the only knockdown of Mayweather Jr:s career was due to him breaking his hand on someones head. So I don´t think that boxers as opposed to MMA-fighters "feel safe" and throw punches with wild abandon. Also you could argue that maybe boxers fear hurting their hands more than MMA-fighters and therefore hold back; being unable to punch is obviously a bigger problem in boxing than in MMA.

giphy.gif
It's funny because he's right for reasons you clearly can't understand. Lmao.

Possibly the tight wraps under boxing gloves ensure an absolutely balled fist with no weakness from being off angled from wrist or not 100% contracted on impact -kinda like that knub on the end of a mace.

If you think that a punch with a 12oz boxing glove does more damage than a punch with a 4oz MMA glove you are a complete and utter imbecile.

it's not boxing gloves that cause more head trauma, it's boxing that causes more head trauma. The matches go on much longer than mma matches (championship bout lasts 36 mins in boxing, 25 in MMA). Also the main target and concentration of damage is to the head (and partly the body). For MMA, it's a lot more spread out between the head, legs and body; because there are kicks involved. A lot more clinching and groundwork too in MMA, so there's a lot more periods of rest/nonaction.

Lastly, boxing gloves have padding. padding reduces the impact of your punch. That is why you spar in gym with 16 oz gloves (with your training partners for safety), and in competition you fight with 10 or 12 oz (less padding = more damage). Extrapolate that to MMA gloves which have even less padding.

I think it's hopeless explaining this to ppl that don't work out, but i thought i might as well chime in.

Boxing gloves impact at least feels softer because of the padding. It's like a thud whereas getting hit with an mma gloved fist feels closer to getting hit with a rock. Knuckles are hard as hell. Those small gloves also cut more. It's basically a bloody, painful experience vs more controlled head shots.

this chick is not right if she loses again i bet something bad happens to her.

Back