ANOTHER Ronda Interview on ELLEN...how times (and physics) change!

Wayweary

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
She says that MMA is easier on your body than boxing or Judo and that she's never once had a bruise from getting hit in MMA. She thinks that getting hit with a boxing glove is (this is hilarious) worse because the glove is heavier and you are getting hit with more weight meaning there is more of an impact! (Let's forget the realities of physics or the conventional wisdom that any boxer should be able to tell you...EDIT: since people don't get it, Ronda's wrong about this is what I'm saying.) This is something she'd expressed in other interviews in the past that I can remember. Maybe she learned it from the great Edmond. I hope Holly has disabused her of that notion by now!

Her old interview with these remarks: http://ellentube.com/videos/0-vygela4f/

Of course, in her recent interview with Ellen, she claims that she was completely out on her feet with an injured brain after the very first exchange with Holly. I guess if Holly was wearing a boxing glove then Rousey would have just been dead at that point (EDIT: by her logic, guys, not mine. If you want to know why she's wrong it's that heavier gloves slow down a punch and the pure weight of the fist is not what gives it the power, either, it's kinetic linking which makes it about your body weight being utilized and is why smaller people deal less damage even when punching faster).

Last edited:
I probably couldn't talk sense after such a beating either.

She says that MMA is easier on your body than boxing or Judo and that she's never once had a bruise from getting hit in MMA. She thinks that getting hit with a boxing glove is (this is hilarious) worse because the glove is heavier and you are getting hit with more weight meaning there is more of an impact! (Let's forget the realities of physics or the conventional wisdom that any boxer should be able to tell you.) This is something she'd expressed in other interviews in the past that I can remember. Maybe she learned it from the great Edmond. I hope Holly has disabused her of that notion by now!

http://ellentube.com/videos/0-vygela4f/

Of course, in her recent interview with Ellen, she claims that she was completely out on her feet with an injured brain after the very first exchange with Holly. I guess if Holly was wearing a boxing glove then Rousey would have just been dead at that point.

with a boxing glove she would be dead because.....?

with a boxing glove she would be dead because.....?
Because if one punch by a boxer (wearing a ligher MMA glove) who wasn't anything like a KO machine in boxing was enough to put her out on her feet, just imagine if she got hit by a solid shot with a boxing glove. This is her fucktarded understanding of physics, not mine.

boxing gloves do more damage
Because if one punch by a boxer (wearing a ligher MMA glove) who wasn't anything like a KO machine in boxing was enough to put her out on her feet, just imagine if she got hit by a solid shot with a boxing glove. This is her fucktarded understanding of physics, not mine.
boxing gloves do more damage since when?

since the dawn of all time. have you ever once in your life been in a gym
No, it's not the glove that does the damage. Boxing gloves give padding for a less efficient transfer of energy and they slow down your punch meaning it is less powerful. Ronda is wrong.

This is like a trainwreck that never ends.

I was a realistic ronda fan, i watched her beat miesha for the belt in strikeforce in ohio and i was a fan ever since, but im not a fan of the hype job the ufc did, and ronda has went from delusional heel to full blown retard in a matter of just a few years. She has always had a bad attitude but it just keeps getting more delusional by the day, especially since the loss.

I usually enjoy her shenanigans like saying she could beat cain and that she has good striking.

But i lost a lot of respect for her during the weigh ins with holly yet i still have remained a fan of her skill and accomplishments. But once i read that line about having travis's babies, well thats the final straw.

Shes an idiot. Im no longer a ronda fan in anyway.

No, it's not the glove that does the damage. Boxing gloves give padding for a less efficient transfer of energy and they slow down your punch meaning it is less powerful. Ronda is wrong.
you're crazy. i would rather take punches from mma gloves than boxing gloves any day of the week. mma gloves sting more and maybe you'll get cut easier but boxing gloves will fuck your head up man

4V88cDe.jpg

you're crazy. i would rather take punches from mma gloves than boxing gloves any day of the week. mma gloves sting more and maybe you'll get cut easier but boxing gloves will fuck your head up man

giphy.gif

It's that old myth that MMA fans created that Boxing gloves = pillow fists. Couldnt be further from the truth

LOL, then you are as ignorant as Ronda. I can hit twice as hard with MMA gloves (or bare knuckle) than I can with MMA gloves on. The additional weight of a boxing glove does not increase the power of the punch overall and actually SLOWS it down which makes it less powerful. The "mass" part of the equation when looking at the power of a punch isn't from the weight of the first so much as the kinetic linking that puts your actual BODY weight (which dwarfs the mass of the fist and glove) into the punch. This is the reason that bigger guys can transmit so much more force than smaller guys who punch so much faster and wear the same gloves.

It is worse for you to take shots with a boxing glove because the padding keeps you from getting ko'd as easily and you get your brain knocked around a lot more, a good shot with an mma glove will knock you out and the fight is over. Maybe this is what she meant?

Back