Another Rizin Champ jumps ship

Makes me wish everything would’ve worked out to see Amir Aliakbari in the UFC.

Makes me wish everything would’ve worked out to see Amir Aliakbari in the UFC.

I dunno if that's dead yet, he's still contracted to them and I suspect they're still trying to work something out.

(back in february)UFC offered to Jiří fight in march on London card he declined because of his studies on Faculty of Sports Studies MU and they also already have new date for his fight (should be in summer but who knows now) and he should be fighting with Oezdemir,Rakič or Cirkunov

Jiri should not fight any of those men. He would get destroyed with his current technique.

He should probably fight someone a little lower on the totem pole honestly, he has a variety of things he does wrong technique wise and in the UFC, at the highest level, he would get absolutely smoked by any top level guy imo.

He has the talent to get to the top himself, but he needs to tighten things up or he's gonna be another Johnny Walker, except he can't dance as well.

Jiri should not fight any of those men. He would get destroyed with his current technique.

He should probably fight someone a little lower on the totem pole honestly, he has a variety of things he does wrong technique wise and in the UFC, at the highest level, he would get absolutely smoked by any top level guy imo.

He has the talent to get to the top himself, but he needs to tighten things up or he's gonna be another Johnny Walker, except he can't dance as well.
Buddy u are going to be surprised :D :D i think u dont know anything about his sparrings with Gustafsson,Jones ..... Procházka is going to shock guys like u

Buddy u are going to be surprised :D :D i think u dont know anything about his sparrings with Gustafsson,Jones ..... Procházka is going to shock guys like u

Buddy, I've watched every fight Jiri has available on the internet and have been a fan since I first saw him in Rizin

You're a complete moron if you think he was fighting anyone worth a shit there. He gets tagged often because he leaves his hands down way too much.

Good luck vs Volkan n guys in the UFC lhw division doing that. They all may not be great but theyre better than the scrubs Jiri has fought and they will capitalize on that.

It happened to Walker.

Buddy, I've watched every fight Jiri has available on the internet and have been a fan since I first saw him in Rizin

You're a complete moron if you think he was fighting anyone worth a shit there. He gets tagged often because he leaves his hands down way too much.

Good luck vs Volkan n guys in the UFC lhw division doing that. They all may not be great but theyre better than the scrubs Jiri has fought and they will capitalize on that.

It happened to Walker.
yes his weakness his he like to eat punches and leaves hands down but u didnt see Jiří in his best shape and in his best territory which is cage... ull be surprised .. very surprised :D

According to Sakakibara, part of the UFC deal is entitlement to championship bout after winning 2 fights straight.

Everyone wants to sign with bigger, more lucrative company to get the most out of their limited career time.

According to Sakakibara, part of the UFC deal is entitlement to championship bout after winning 2 fights straight.

Everyone wants to sign with bigger, more lucrative company to get the most out of their limited career time.

If he won two fights straight against top 5 competition he'd certainly deserve a shot and in such a shallow division after the mass releases he'll be pitted against top comp straight away.

Whether he can beat two top 5 guys in a row is doubtful though. I like his chances against Formiga, as I think he's a stylistic nightmare for Jussier, but I'd have him as an underdog against Fig, Joe B, Moreno and Pantoja, possibly against Askarov too.

He's called out Cody Garbrandt, which I think is a horrendous match up for him to be honest, but props to him for calling it.

So Jiri had a UFC out clause?

Rizin failed to live up to my expectations. They were supposed to be the new pride

Well that was unrealistic from the start. Rizin was never meant as Pride 2.0. They tried it with dream but the financial power just wasnt there anymore.

MMA nowadays doesnt have the foothold in japanese society that it had late 90s early 2000s.

Well that was unrealistic from the start. Rizin was never meant as Pride 2.0. They tried it with dream but the financial power just wasnt there anymore.

MMA nowadays doesnt have the foothold in japanese society that it had late 90s early 2000s.
Well the impression they gave when signing Fedor off the bat for the first event had me thinking they were serious and wanted to recapture that pride essence

It sucks for them, because with Rizin and Dream they’ve been in a tough spot. They would benefit more from a slow rise to gain momentum, but their name alone makes people expect the most of them from the beginning. Dream and Rizin we’re both deemed Pride 2.0 instead of Dream or Rizin 1.0.

Back